Tim R

We're like lunatics

21 posts in this topic

You know, sometimes I realize how absolutely nuts we must seem to "ordinary" people. I mean, we're of course also ordinary people, but we have settled into an epistemological and ontological niche so far away from "normal" Joe Schmoe -mind and -consciousness that if we were to talk about some of the things that we talk about here with normal folk, we would immediately be regarded as complete and utter screwballs who must've escaped the boobie hatch. 

How have you guys dealt with this? How are you handling it?

I sometimes just forget that people who aren't interested in reality and truth etc. see the world in a radically different light, and I tend to forget how it was for me.

I really love it to get lost in this philosophical rabbit hole that we all know and when I talk to people about the things that I think about or which I understood, I really forget that what I am saying to them must sound completely messed up. Even if it's metaphors that are quite easy to stomach like "well you're like a wave in the ocean" or whatever, most people already think that you've lost it. For god sake they think you're woo-woo when you say "money isn't actually real". Not to think about how it must sound like when you really go deeper with these topics "time is an illusion, you're God aka infinite nothingness and oh btw, existence is love, also, did you know that reality is your mind? The mushrooms revealed my shadow to me and btw there's this toad when you smoke its venom you realize you're God. Ever heard about 4-dimensional elves in the dimethyltryptamine-realm that make you sing objects into existence?" or stuff like that. Complete lunacyxD

But we tend to take these sorts of things for granted to some degree, I think. What do you think?

I'm not really concerned that people might think that I'm "crazy", that's not the point, but I'd like to know how you remind yourself that they see reality different? Don't you have the desire to share these amazing things with them? Even if it means that they might reject you?

Since most of the time I don’t give a damn what people think of me I have fun with this whole subject. Push their limits ?

I'm at the beginning of this journey, but to be honest a lot of you do sound crazy. Somehow I'm often convinced by the arguments though 

Normal people are lunatics, too. Ever seen what they do to each other or the animal kingdom?

You're damned if you speak, and damned if you don't! Society is very judgmental, so play the game however you want. :) 

For me, I try to frame knowledge to those who are ignorant in ways that still mostly agrees with their worldview. Usually when I have a rough sense of how somebody operates, I'll pass these high-level, "crazy" concepts through a few filters so that I don't freak them out. 

Well, we’re never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy...

12 hours ago, Tim R said:

we would immediately be regarded as complete and utter screwballs who must've escaped the boobie hatch. 

How have you guys dealt with this? How are you handling it?

There's a lot of different things that help me handle the fact that I look nuts a little bit while im chasing high truths.

First and foremost you have to actually do the work comprehensively to make sure your in a position to talk to people about it. (This doesent mean you have enough knowledge, but enough wisdom to understand what to do with the knowledge and how to apply it, if at all in any given circumstance).

Also, if you look crazy, but have a strong sense of self assurance, you'll actually turn into the cool kid, like a trail blazer and people will start to Wana be like you... especially if your having actual progress in incredibly advanced shit like actual awakening. 

And yo, my life is likely over 20% done already, and this next 20% is Gona be the most important part! After that I'll be nearly half way done...so you better fuckin believe I'm Gona chase greatness. On my death bed, the only thing I will regret is the decisions I failed to make because I was being too careful and too safe. You won't die by making big decision, and what doesent kill you makes you stronger.

What's counterintuitive is, when you step out from the crowd, and fuckin believe in yourself and own your idiosyncrasies while growing and getting stronger and basically just be a badass...you really win in life. You do

Edited by Aaron p

It's ok to be crazy. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I don't see anyone, including myself, as crazy. Everyone is telling a story about life, and this is ours. 

“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” - Morticia Addams

13 hours ago, Tim R said:

I'd like to know how you remind yourself that they see reality different?

By turning on the news every morning and imbibing the stupidity of it all ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Tim R egotism makes lunatics, which is like most people online. things like spirituality and philosophy/science require a bit more humbleness and the thing not being about "you", which makes this forum a sd stage up the others so to speak :)

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

If somebody’s choking, don’t feed em. Help em get it up and out. Drowning waves don’t care about oceanic wave concepts. Sometimes a nut is just a nut. Lives saved: ocean; 0. Heimlich maneuver; countless. 

“For where two or more gather in my name, there I am among them.”

- Matt 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If somebody’s choking, don’t feed em. Help em get that shit up and out. Drowning waves don’t give a fuck about ocean concepts. Sometimes a nut is just a nut. Lives saved: ocean; 0. Heimlich maneuver; countless. 

“For where two or more gather in my name, there I am among them.”

- Matt 

respect

14 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

You're damned if you speak, and damned if you don't! Society is very judgmental, so play the game however you want. :) 

For me, I try to frame knowledge to those who are ignorant in ways that still mostly agrees with their worldview. Usually when I have a rough sense of how somebody operates, I'll pass these high-level, "crazy" concepts through a few filters so that I don't freak them out. 

Yeah, so true. I actually have gotten quite a success with it, it's just a matter of communication/seeing through the other person's view, really. I've even made stage orange guys admit that Yogic system is legit, because I explained it in their terms and connected to their worldview directly

It hurts, though, when you use your own precious linguo. It's basically everything about using their language and terminology, one wrong wording can recontextualize the perception of you completely and make their minds x5-10 more closed (relative to the stuff you're spitting). However, if you communicate everything with skill, their mind becomes like x5-10 opened.

I found all this stuff to be quite a hustle, though. I way more prefer to be in the company of "lunatics" without having to translate all these new-age/high-end spiritual terms to common masses

I think it is also a big reason why Leo has no desire to mainstream his teachings, It just feels very inauthentic and makes you behave like a hamster in a wheel - you constantly try to conform to someone else worldview. For a short time? Sure. Doing it for the whole life? Doesn't sound like a good strategy

Like a bee repeatedly bumping into the window, at some point you manage to slip through the opening. You know that opening is there for everyone, but you're not gonna waste much time trying to call the other bees' attention, especially when they're too busy looking for quick honey in the fridge instead of going out to harvest actual pollen. Maybe it feels a bit lonely, but maybe it's because one is buzzing into a sky wide open field.

Slipping out is not the end of it, just the beginning. So much information and emotional material,that needs processing - and so little time... wondering what the average citizen thinks now has to be limited to practical survival purposes.

But it's a nice limitation to have. :)

Politics is based on lunacy, it coundln't exist otherwise.

Yeah, you make a good point.

What I do is seeking out people who I can talk to about these things. Unfortunately, there's only 1-2 people (so far) in my social circle, but I'm always on the look-out. If I can sense that the person in question is not receptive to a heavy and meaningful conversation about spirituality/metaphysics/philosophy, then I don't force it. I'd end up triggering them anyway :D