StateOfMind

What are your thoughts about marriage?

20 posts in this topic

maybe not exactly marriage but a traditional family, like having husband/wife and children, and maybe even visiting your uncles and all that?

EDIT: i'm saying this because this feels like a very lonely road.

Edited by StateOfMind

I can't imagine myself sharing more than 20% of my time and energy with someone else. But if you are really OK with yourself and your life, you like the person and feel that it can be fun, I'd say go for it.  

12 minutes ago, Hugo Oliveira said:

I can't imagine myself sharing more than 20% of my time and energy with someone else. But if you are really OK with yourself and your life, you like the person and feel that it can be fun, I'd say go for it.  

for me personally an open minded girlfriend would do, but definitely not a family guy.

It depends on your core value, for example if your core value was reaching your ultimate spiritual potential, then you dont need to marry, actually you can go and live in a cave the rest of your life. 

If the core value was sth like I want to contribute to earth (nature/society), then marriage is important, stage blue kind of marriage and family.

If the core value was both, contributing to earth and reaching spirituality then marriage and family are important, stage Coral kind of marriage and family.

If the core value was avoid the pain and seek the pleasure, than the one night stand solution is enough.

Yes.  I don’t necessarily want to get married.  But to build a life with someone and grow together.  

Marriage is overrated. Why go through a rigmarole just to be with someone you love. If people want to do it, fine, but people who never marry shouldnt be looked down upon.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Marriage is overrated. Why go through a rigmarole just to be with someone you love. If people want to do it, fine, but people who never marry shouldnt be looked down upon.

I agree.  Me and my partner have talked about getting married in the future because of visa reasons so it’s easier to stay together.  

there is way too much pressure in social circles to get married.  I escaped all that when I left my hometown and moved to another country...  my old friend group from school are all now with children and married,  one after the other.  

I’m somewhat of a loner now so nobody questions me at all about marriage or children.  

You are going to be " on your own " for till the end of your days, may as well learn to embrace it .

Go and get a nice gf and some cool friends though

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

While i think marriage is an outdated concept (which is slowly dying out), i do believe that one day having and raising children with a like-minded partner would be an incredibly valuable life experience. And this is coming from me, whom swore of any children for most of my life, up until about a year ago, when i slowly started seeing that it could bring a lot to my development on this plane of existence and teach me a lot of valuable life lessons. But of course, im not pushing for it, especially in this stage of my life. When the Universe thinks the time is right, i will be ready for it, but until then, im focusing on self-actualizaton, enlightenment work and life purpose.

If the idea feels good to you, then you can marry and it will be satisfying you. But you can change your thoughts first about this subject of marriage. Because otherwise your doubts will be reflected to you. 

I think it really comes down to personality and whatever other random factors. 

One of my weaknesses is a tendency of detachment (towards people), individualistic and in my own world. These can be good things if channeled and not pathological. But these things can become coping mechanisms to dodge facing life viscerally. And also to evade emotional sensitivity and responsibility. 

But now this is larger than just marriage. After typing this out I realise. Part of me feels guilt about any future intimate relationships I might have, due to feelings of inadequacy. 

But I also feel like interacting with people is an energy drain and a waste of time, and that's some belief I've picked up or learnt, probably due to negative experiences. 

--

My parent's marriage is pretty awful in a few ways so I don't exactly feel encouraged. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

23 hours ago, StateOfMind said:

husband and children

Yes.

23 hours ago, StateOfMind said:

maybe even visiting your uncles and all that?

No. 

Edited by xxxx

I married for the sake of marriage. Well it was an interesting experience, but I wouldn´t do it again. 

If you love someone, you want to be with her? To experience with her all the possible life forms and contents, maybe to have children together (or not it´s up to you both), eventually being bored or irrtated by each other eventually? Not?

21 hours ago, Hulia said:

eventually being bored or irrtated by each other eventually?

That's exactly what I don't get about marriage. For sure you will get bored and irritated by each other.

I would very much rather having like 2-3 girlfriends. One coming on the weekends and the others coming during the week. My main girl would be the weekend one. And I think this is every man's wish. But it is so difficult to accomplish, that a lot of men just settle for a wife to have reliable sex.

I am not settling.

Arc

Trying to be room mates asking why Marriage doesn't work lol. 

@Arcangelo Good luck son. 

Will just tell you sthg. Females have much higher intuition then man and no self respecting worthy women will want to be "weekend girl". You will have so much fun. You will always lose both, guaranteed.