StateOfMind

Do you keep your spirituality private?

11 posts in this topic

I've talked to some people and you just can't crack up about their beliefs/spirituality.

not religious people, but people who are gone beyond religion. like us :D

although i'm not that spiritual, i just haven't met god yet.

It happened to me to share something. The issue is that people do not have any first hand experience so they can't relate. There is a risk that they will get things totally wrong.

If it is possible I would encourage you to share it. It's dishonest to keep it for yourself. Treat it as a possibility to become more authentic.

Edited by Username

I try to answer people's questions about my personal beliefs as honestly as possible, and leave it at that.  They can take from it what they wish. Not my concern. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Super private. Even I don't know I'm spiritual. ;)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It depends upon the environment and community you're living in on the spiral, your personality and temperament. Personally, I keep my thoughts private based upon the latter factors.

Edited by Abdelghafar
Word Edit.

To a certain extent. I don't mind sharing insights regarding emotional intelligence/ awareness or things relating to my meditation habits and manifestation processes. But I am mindful about my audience if that makes sense and that influences how I present it. As for my thoughts on God and nonduality, I keep that private because I know if I talk about it, at best people are going to be really confused and at worst they would think I joined a cult or am on drugs.  

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

I think what irks people is when you proselytize your beliefs, whatever they may be (spirituality, veganism, political beliefs, etc).  A conversational back and forth if and when someone shows interest on thier end seems like a more mature approach, where it's less about vocalizing your ideas, and more of a back and forth where both people are contributing and asking questions.

I know in my case I have to be mindful of the tendency I would otherwise have to talk people's ears off about metaphysics and ethical philosophy...

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Just avoid and don't say anything. Pretty easy to be honest, eveb if you talk, what can you really transmit. Average folk won't suspect anything. If they ask if you are spiritual, you will say yes and they will ask you if you believe in god, and you will say yes and it will be like k, cool. So he believs in god or smth. They will not ask to themselves what is "You" "Belief" and "God". So chill, you can't really reveal it also. :D

Edited by Applegarden

Yeah, I do because I want to be authentic and I enjoy it as subject. Thought, people do disagree with me. Risk rejection.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

WithIn  the Wisdom compendium Chance and Choice in the chapter concerning Chinese wisdom a humorous quote comes to mind.

The highest achievement is no longer self-centered. You are in civilization and in spirit, a part of the New Earth in the sign of the DOG Ò Aquarius. You are, like the DOG, completely faithful to your path and to sacred history. You transcend your ego by announcing your truth in society like the ROOSTER without regard to the practical consequences.

Not that I’ve transcended my ego but announcing my truth like a rooster without  regard to  practical consequences. That kind of describes me at times. As I’ve aged it’s become more toned down though.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn