Tim R

"High"&"Low" is bullshit

53 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

It sounds right that high and low consciousness doesnt actually exist, but without these labels, how can I differentiate between a path of confusion, and a path of clarity?  

Confusion = identifying with "your" conditioned mind.

Clarity = realizing as Consciousness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@dflores321

1 hour ago, dflores321 said:

It sounds right that high and low consciousness doesnt actually exist, but without these labels, how can I differentiate between a path of confusion, and a path of clarity?  

By getting rid of the idea of "a path of clarity and a path of confusion"

3 hours ago, dflores321 said:

You can inspect the actuality. Point to the confusion in sensation specifically exactly where it is in the body, and you find it is not. Point to exactly where it is in perception, and you find it is not. The clarity sought then arises, that the confusion is a thought. 

Then, and this takes practice / experience, realizing it is a thought, let it go. Allow any revisiting of it, any question of it, etc, reveal to you that in fact you haven’t let it go, and let it go for realz. Gone. Never even arose. Couldn’t remember it if a gun was to your head. 

Then it is very clearly experienced that clarity is that which thoughts arise in, and what they are made of. 

What a joke! 

(*this joke gets funnier the more one practices the letting go of the thoughts)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

If you look at any trap backwards you see that it is always a part. 

A part, but not apart.

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Willie

Nice, and indeed. “Trapa” just didn’t work word wise. xD

T r a p p a r T

I’ve seen many people say they’re apart of something. o.O
Oh, well...

Planting trees with fruit on them for yourself, and then telling yourself don't touch THIS one over HERE, is the essence of a trap I'd say. 

But only if you're playing a part in this play.

xD

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I don't really see the distinction between "high" and "low" consciousness as being particularly disparaging. I mean maybe at first I saw it as such, but as time passes it's increasingly obvious that everyone and everything has their role to play. These terms help us frame a useful goal for us all to push towards, and then as the goal is accomplished we can perhaps reframe it to some degree, as we are also falling off track. 

There is so much suffering in the world caused by "low" conciousness that I think it is worth calling a spade a spade. 

@Tim R your issue is not with the distinctions themselves but with one's bias towards one or the other.  Take the attachment or bias out of it and just look at it from a completey selfless vantage point - as everything in the world of form is relative, or it is distinctions.  The key is to reaching such a vantage point is to understand Oneness and that all distinctions must collapse.  When you become conscious of this you can release bias or attachment (which is ego) towards any one distinction or one particular level of consciousness.   At that point you are free to make distinctions - because afterall in formed reality (ie the dream)  -  all is relative.

So realize that this post is evidence of your own bias.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

Understanding.

my deepest desire. but does this quest for understanding ever end? I wonder 

3 hours ago, Lyubov said:

my deepest desire. but does this quest for understanding ever end? I wonder 

In one of my awakenings, I realized that the ultimate form of understanding is being. So, that might mean that it's not possible to understand reality, or that it's already understood but thought not to be, or both of them. In any case, the difference between high consciousness and low consciousness turns out to be illusory. And the more you move towards understanding, the further you will get from being, because understanding requires thinking, and thinking is dualistic. Then again, you can't possibly get any further from being, because you already are whatever you are. So, turns out I'm really confused here and don't have the answer to your question xD

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

8 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

In one of my awakenings, I realized that the ultimate form of understanding is being. 

I've experienced this as well, but I found myself circling back around (best I can describe it) to explore new dimensions of mystery. so interesting. 

Edited by Lyubov