Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

pain & emotion

13 posts in this topic

is ALL pain caused by resisting some type of emotion ?

is it possible to actually experience pain / suffering from anything other than the resistance of emotion ?

There can be an expirence of pain without thinking of it as bad, or harmful, such that there is no one who believes "I am suffering".  As in the reality of what it is, without judgement. It is still useful to pull a thorn out of your ass so you can sit down.
Suffering is believing there is a self that is being subjected to the pain, such that "you" are reacting emotionally to it. 

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@OctagonOctopus bro i can't magically sprout a jhana and label it no self and live happily ever after

this shit isn't a step by step process, and if it is i'd love to hear it haha

"But all we need to do is to quit struggling with ourselves and with reality. When it is said that suffering ceases when one is realized or enlightened, what is meant is that the struggling ceases. Enlightenment is not a matter of not feeling pain, but of not fighting it."
A.H. Almaas

@levani

No need to sprout anything, there already is what is as it is right now. 
No need to climb any steps when the stairs spiral down to here and up to here.

10 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Enlightenment is not a matter of not feeling pain, but of not fighting it."

not on this level yet bro

Pain ≠ suffering

Suffering = duality = resistance.

You can resist both emotional pain or 'physical' pain.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

5 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

there already is what is as it is right now. 

if only i could understand it/realize it ?

that's the problem

i think resisting it IS the problem no ?

Edited by levani

@levani

The I trying to undestand or realize it is not you. You are the beingness that encapsulates all. Cannot be seen, or understood, just be.

Realizing the resistance is not you creates the space for you to just be and observe the resistance with love & curiousity. This state is still in duality, but not attached to a paticular self perpetuated self created self. Sit with what is going on the level of sensations, notice that any resistance reaction is also a sensation & see it, hear it, feel it as such. 

I’d begin a deep dive (online) into the distinction(s) between pain & suffering. I wouldn’t lump them together whatsoever. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 1/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, levani said:

is ALL pain caused by resisting some type of emotion ?

is it possible to actually experience pain / suffering from anything other than the resistance of emotion ?

Psychological pain arises when the situation at present does not conform to our desires (craving/aversion). The magnitude of pain will be proportional to the degree of magnitude of our desires not satisfied. Or to the extent we are unconsciously rejecting the situation or present moment.

Stronger our desires, the more the mind will be in psychological time, that is, in the past or future rather than present moment awareness, and this is said to be productive of psychological misery in corresponding proportion due to its unnatural state.

We can either try to satisfy our desires, which however tends to multiply with time, or we can consciously reduce our desires with reasoning based on wisdom, and focus on our legitimate needs instead.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

@levani isnt that why you're on this forum? to realize you've put yourself through your own suffering? and you limit yourself by saying "I haven't got there yet br0"