Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K VIL2

teacher, mentor, or alone?

8 posts in this topic

ive found teachers fundamental in learning and growing. i know that no one can "take" me to the next level but a lot of folks have helped me greatly.

wondering for you- are mentors necessary or effective? how did you find him/her? are they niche? popular?

If you're going to do this potentialization thing, you exist in potential, so you're meant to explode potential in everything, there's no limits. Mentors are meant to all things being equal provide better than average adaptive narratives for consciousness to expand itself (otherwise what's the point), outside of this its your expansion to not limit yourself with outside of good estimation, and you should always aim to expand that narrative through your own originality.

Of course you need a mentor 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/280134
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg was mentored by Steve Jobs. Jobs was mentored by Mike Markkula -- an early investor and executive at Apple. And Eric Schmidt mentored Larry Page and Sergey Brin of Google.

Research and surveys prove that having a mentor is important to success. In a 2013 executive coaching survey, 80 percent of CEOs said they received some form of mentorship. In another research by Sage, 93 percent of startups admit that mentorship is instrumental to success.

"I asked Kobe Bryant if he had mentors and you know what he said? Tai mentors are THE most important thing!" Tai Lopez

"THE best shortcut in life? Find a mentor!" Robert Greene

"You've got to study the greats in order to be one of the greats" Raekwon

"Mentorship is lacking in today's society, EVERYBODY needs a mentor!" David Hawkins

"Generals in chief must be guided by their own experience or their genius. Tactics, evolutions, the duties and knowledge of an engineer or artillery officer may be learned in treatises, but the science of strategy may only be acquired by EXPERIENCE and by STUDYING the campaigns of all the GREAT CAPTAINS" Napoleon

"Employ your time in improving yourself by OTHER men's writings so that you shall come EASILY by what others have labored HARD for" Socrates

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work." Michael Jackson

It is not a this or that. When you are in that mode, there will be mentors you experience. 

Life is short. The best of both worlds (No thing ‘&’ every thing) is where it’s at, imo. Take advantage of every resource available, on every avenue of life ‘&’ spirituality. Be careful of pigeonholing any resource, and also of putting any one or any thing on a pedestal. The resource one is reluctant or refuses to experience stands to be (of course) the most beneficial.  Also be mindful not to label, as there is only grey and the whole of experience (and thus everything within it) is an ongoing ‘teacher’ / ‘lesson’. One day Leo schools me, and insights arise. The next day it’s my nine year old kid. The next day a neighbor. The next day an ant hill. Stay curious (as if there were another possibility :) )

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE