Bodhitree

What do you understand God to be?

26 posts in this topic

I see a lot of people talking about ‘realising God’, and to me it’s not at all clear what God it is that you are referring to. The Christian God or the Muslim God don’t seem very logical to me, nor does any kind of creator God, but I find my mind is not settled on this subject. I’m curious what you all have found.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

God is infinite intelligence, abundance, creativity, reality, and love.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

God is pure existence. It’s what it is right now at this moment.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

its so obvious that it seems to be hidden by being everything.

There's no getting outside of it to point at it because the pointing is also it ? ❤

Its THIS!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

I see a lot of people talking about ‘realising God’, and to me it’s not at all clear what God it is that you are referring to. The Christian God or the Muslim God don’t seem very logical to me, nor does any kind of creator God, but I find my mind is not settled on this subject. I’m curious what you all have found.

Turn within.   The path is not out there somewhere it is within.  So start there with an open mind.  Enlightenment is the deconstruction of what you believe you are.   Self inquiry can be extremely powerful because as i said it is a destructive process.  Throw away beliefs of God because they are not actual for you.  Instead begin by peeling away what you believe you are.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Judgmental grumpy hairy old fuck with sandals...who morphs to a 20 year old girl in a mini skirt, then to a tree, then to a dog , to a flower, to a bug , to air etc. On and on and on so fast that it happens all at once.

All of it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

14 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

The Christian God or the Muslim God don’t seem very logical to me

Because that is what Christians and Muslims understand about GOD.

It's like the story of the men that are blind and they touch an elephant and everyone thinks a different thing about the elephant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_men_and_an_elephant

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@At awe It's super useful really hehehe...

^_^

2 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

God is that which can not be understood. 

great description. stop trying to understand is surrendered

Some interesting answers, but there doesn’t really seem to be a consensus. I’ve watched a good chunk of Leo’s videos, and he seems to have his own approach.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

Prior to and appearing as understanding. 

So you don't agree with me? ?

26 minutes ago, Bodhitree said:

Some interesting answers, but there doesn’t really seem to be a consensus. I’ve watched a good chunk of Leo’s videos, and he seems to have his own approach.

God=Love=Truth, Truth is Eternal it's same forever it's Infinite Love.