Fiction Books that Transformed your Life

46 posts in this topic

Stanislaw Lem "Solaris",

Michail Bułhakow "Master and Margaret"

Douglas Adams "Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Trilogy in fire parts"

The Lord of the Ring 

The Song of Ice and Fire.

The Wheel of Time.

Taiko  by Eiji Yoshikawa had an impact on me, it's historical fiction about the three greatest figures in Japanese history.

The story is mainly centered on Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and it frames him as something of an underdog, unlike the other two(Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu), who are depicted as prodigies. As someone who has always struggled with getting what I want in life, with fear, anxiety and insecurities, the book really showed me the heights one can achieve if he has sincere aspiration, patience, humbleness and can embrace his vulnerability.

I'm not going to say the book "changed my life" but it really resonated with me, and ever since reading it I've started being braver, more honest, more "audacious"(as in daring to dream and think I deserve things far greater than I previously hoped for) and more ok with being vulnerable and authentic.

I highly recommend it.

The Little Prince is good. Jonathan Livingston Seagull is even better.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.