Guest SirVladimir

This Robot Development Is INSANE!

20 posts in this topic

We've come far! ^_^

Can't imagine where robotics will be in 30-40 years. 

1 minute ago, SirVladimir said:

We've come far! ^_^

Can't imagine where robotics will be in 30-40 years. 

Theyre going to dance in joy while we go extinct...:o

xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@SirVladimir 

Pulp Fiction feels from 1:50 onwards. 

Robotic John Travolta and Uma Thurman. Capitalise on this idea, future filmmakers. 

Pulp Fiction 2050

You’re welcome. 

Edited by xxxx

@Rilles If you can't beat 'em, join them. 

I can already see the shitstorm that's about to go down in the future. The duality between robots and humans will begin to melt. Acts of self-preservation will blur the thinking of many, for 'they' will be blamed for attempting to seize 'our' kingdom of men. Gonna be history all over. Imagine storming the Capitol out of fear of robots.

1 minute ago, SirVladimir said:

he duality between robots and humans will begin to melt.

It is already melting. Technology is merging with us more and more, it began with things like the TV or radio - your body was separate from it, but you had a certain relation to it.

Then mobile phones were developed and you could carry your technology around. Then smartphones entered our lives, we always have them with us, either in our pocket or in our hands. 

A few years ago smartwatches were invented; now you could wear your technology and it was so close to you, that it knew about your most private data like your heart beat. If that doesn't scream "cyborg!" I don't know what does. 

The next step would therefore of course be implantation. 

Look at this. Incredible. No wonder people find it scary; their human identity is threatened.

We will keep merging with technology until there won't be any difference between "tech" and "human". 

Wow, looks so good I want to say it's CGI  but I guess it's not ?‍♂️.  Now match this agile body with the ever learning wits of Sophia and we're well on the way to mechanical offspring ?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

3 minutes ago, Tim R said:

It is already melting. Technology is merging with us more and more, it began with things like the TV or radio - your body was separate from it, but you had a certain relation to it.

Then mobile phones were developed and you could carry your technology around. Then smartphones entered our lives, we always have them with us, either in our pocket or in our hands. 

A few years ago smartwatches were invented; now you could wear your technology and it was so close to you, that it knew about your most private data like your heart beat. If that doesn't scream "cyborg!" I don't know what does. 

The next step would therefore of course be implantation. 

Look at this. Incredible. No wonder people find it scary; their human identity is threatened.

We will keep merging with technology until there won't be any difference between "tech" and "human". 

Mind blown. Great insight!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

There is a surprisingly well-executed movie about artificial intelligence called Transcendence. 

It's beautiful, and the ending truly made me shed a tear. 

Quoted from a Reddit post:

• At no time did the AI ever use violence against any human or kill any human. Only the humans used violence. When threatened with canons the AI responded by using nanobots to disassemble the canons and restrained the humans who were threatening the AI.
  • At no time did the AI force a human to transcend. Everyone who transcended had a choice. Once transcended they could choose to exist in one of two states: An individual or a collective. Nothing was compelled. They were free.
  • The AI was completely open and transparent about what it was doing and invited the public to come and observe what was happening. The humans were the one's sneaking around and plotting destruction.
  • The AI's actions were to heal the sick and restore the earth. At no time did it ever harm anyone.
  • In the end it was the humans who destroyed civilization and doomed humanity to suffering and destruction.

Here is the official trailer.

I won't spoil the ending for you, but here's an enlightening clip that appears towards the end, so skip the video if you're going to watch the movie yourself.

2 minutes ago, datamonster said:

I see war machines and it scares me.

Imagine attaching an MG to one of these. Unthinkable what damage this could do if in the wrong hands...

What you see, in fact, is a reflection of the human mind, a fear that another life form could be as corrupted and deluded as us. It is a fear that cannot stomach pointing at itself, and thus it clings to the first resemblance of itself it sees. We are the war machines. ^_^

10 minutes ago, datamonster said:

I'm not afraid of "another life form". I'm afraid of how other humans could use these machines, for example to fight wars, which is usually the first real world application of technologies like these.

Absolutely. Human advancement leads to things both astonishing and terrible. We'll use this technology in waging wars. This is imminent and already happening. 

23 minutes ago, datamonster said:

I'm not afraid of "another life form". I'm afraid of how other humans could use these machines, for example to fight wars, which is usually the first real world application of technologies like these.

If humans are still using the machines for something, especially something as awful as war, then they are not yet dealing with intelligent mechanical beings. So then it's still just the humans at war. And yes that would totally suck. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I'd love to dance. On the graves on my enemies.

Imagine they pull off that joke one day. :P

That is some highly sophisticated and integrative creativity. The engineering, physics, balance, fluid motion, feeling, art of music and dance is extraordinary. There were times it felt like it was a human dancing in a robot costume. 

Amazing, that makes me wanna dance! :D

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

My take on AI is that to create artificial intelligence one should deeply understand what intelligence is. In fact if such a point would be reached by any hypothetical scientist I bet he'd drop the very idea of creating AI. The way it operates now is just via complex algorithms, which in fact is the same as in any modern video game - scripted. As for this robot, the thing that actually amazes me here is hydraulics and the actual mechanical design of joints, the balancing act - that's where the beauty is for me (might be biased coz I'm involved in design industry). 

My concern with the technology is that it's being produced by 100% orange dudes who's #1 priority is profit. And zero guarantees that it wouldn't be abused. With phones and similar devices it's not that big of a deal coz you can use it more or less, as you wish, which is not the case if the thing is mounted flush in your skull. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night hearing ads running in your brain :D

Another thing - look up the spiral. Haven't seen any turquoise-ish person promoting the idea of AI or implants. Nature is about the balance so should be us - knowing what is good and what is redundant.

Off course, that just 1 perspective.

Life 3.0 by Max Tegmark is a really great book on AI safety. He runs an organization specifically for safe AI. 

After reading the book my personal opinion is that we'll use AI to enhance our own intelligence before we create a human-level AI, or superintelligence. And the idea that there will be a robot apocalypse doesn't make sense. Assuming artificial superintelligence is possible, it could dominate our species before we even knew what hit us. It would use strategies that by definition we could not even fathom. There is no resistance against such a thing.

20 minutes ago, Elevated said:

Life 3.0 by Max Tegmark is a really great book on AI safety. He runs an organization specifically for safe AI. 

I gave it a flip through on Amazon and it looks like a pretty amazing book. I will dive into it.

@SirVladimir The opening will hook you right in. Probably the best introduction to a book I've ever read. I got the audiobook, the narrator is one of the best. 

@Elevated The paragraph that writes how the Universe has awoken to itself is exactly what I'm looking for in a book. It's a charming piece of writing. I was just chipping at an AI-oriented short story of my own, but a simple gaze into the pages of Life 3.0 reminded me how little I know about the subject, and especially its hand-on implementation and real consequences, and that I should stick to a more abstract, poetic, mysticism-oriented side of writing as seen in that introductory paragraph. That book; Life 3.0, looks like a fine nugget of gold. Thank you for sharing it.

I don't know if it's related to the OP, but has anyone watched this web series called Black Mirror ?