Muhammad Jawad

Yoga for Spiritual Development

13 posts in this topic

Hello All!

I hope everyone is doing great.

Which Yoga should be part of my daily routine for my spiritual growth?

What is Leo's Suggestion about it?

And which Breathing techniques or Methods are best and reccemended by Leo for spiritual growth?

Please provide me the online links as well from where I can learn it when you provide me your suggestion.

For example you suggest: "kundalini Yoga or Kriya yoga or any other yoga".

With that suggestion please give me references from where I can learn that yoga. It could be any book name, or youtube channel or any online link from Internet.

Waiting for the help.

Thanks 

Edited by Muhammad Jawad
Forgot to mention about Breathing

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

What my yoga couch says and what is really working good for me is holding the poses as long as possible. Headstand at least 5 min., forward fold 20 minutes and so on, it´s individual. My yoga coach says: after 5 minutes the psycological impact unfolds, more than 5 min. - spiritual. And it works. I can better meditate after yoga and even during holding the pose I can meditate. 

Due to yoga I´ve got a grip on meditation to some extent. I am still very far from being a master in meditation. But it still has become has become something like meditation. 

2 hours ago, Hulia said:

What my yoga couch says and what is really working good for me is holding the poses as long as possible. Headstand at least 5 min., forward fold 20 minutes and so on, it´s individual. My yoga coach says: after 5 minutes the psycological impact unfolds, more than 5 min. - spiritual. And it works. I can better meditate after yoga and even during holding the pose I can meditate. 

Due to yoga I´ve got a grip on meditation to some extent. I am still very far from being a master in meditation. But it still has become has become something like meditation. 

Hi!

I hope you are doing well.

Thanks a lot for this precious piece of information. :-)

I'd recommend Jon Kabat-Zinn's guided mindful yoga sessions, they're like a combination of mindfulness meditation and yoga. I've practiced with these for over 10 years after getting them as part of a counselling and psychotherapy course. I haven't felt the need to look elsewhere yoga practice wise as I've found them that beneficial.

There are two different sessions of about 45mins each.

Mindful Yoga 1:

After doing this one a few times, you might want to skip to 3:12 to pass the introduction.

Mindful Yoga 2:

The two yoga sessions are part of a series that also include a guided body scan and sitting meditation which I would also recommend.

Body Scan:

Sitting Meditation:

Maybe someone will find them useful, if they work well you could get the mp3 versions and put them on your phone so that you can use them wherever you want.

41-7CX-4YgL._SX446_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I've done some kriya yoga. Check out Santata Gamana's books.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Namaste Ji!

On 14/01/2021 at 9:34 AM, Muhammad Jawad said:

Which Yoga should be part of my daily routine for my spiritual growth?

I'll suggest you go with Pranayama!

1. BHASTRIKA

2. KAPALBHATI

3. ANULOM-VILOM *this one is Gold*

5 minutes each one, you can even start with 2-3 minutes each, and then consecutively increase the time duration.

Please provide me the online links as well from where I can learn it when you provide me your suggestion.

I would like to suggest a few yog gurus if you can understand Hindi —

(1) Swami Ramdev-

https://youtube.com/c/SwamiRamdevOfficial

(2) Nityanandam Shree-

https://youtube.com/c/NityanandamShree

These are the links of their official channels, you'll find the videos of all the pranayamas mentioned above, else you can search respectively for the pranayama you wanna search for, I'll recommend you go with the second one for detailed explanation (Nityanandam Shree).

For Videos in English, I like this dude~

kundalini Yoga

I'll suggest you to not do it without under in some expert's supervision, since it is an advanced yoga, start first with basics first, see how do you feel after.

best regards.

I suggest having also a routine of a more physical school of yoga like Hatha, Vinyasa. Our body is also made of spirit, work with the body and you will be developing spiritually.

10 hours ago, Xerces said:

I'd recommend Jon Kabat-Zinn's guided mindful yoga sessions

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. :-)

9 hours ago, roopepa said:

I've done some kriya yoga. Check out Santata Gamana's books.

Right. Sure. I will check it out.

How much kriya yoga has done? From how many years are you doing that? At which stage you are? Are you noticing benefits?  

Thanks a lot :-)

8 hours ago, ajai said:

Namaste Ji!

Namaste :-)

8 hours ago, ajai said:

I'll suggest you go with Pranayama!

1. BHASTRIKA

2. KAPALBHATI

3. ANULOM-VILOM *this one is Gold*

Right? Why do you think Anulom Vilom is Gold?

8 hours ago, ajai said:

5 minutes each one, you can even start with 2-3 minutes each, and then consecutively increase the time duration.

Right

8 hours ago, ajai said:

I'll suggest you to not do it without under in some expert's supervision, since it is an advanced yoga, start first with basics first, see how do you feel after.

Right. Sure. Thanks

7 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

I suggest having also a routine of a more physical school of yoga like Hatha, Vinyasa. Our body is also made of spirit, work with the body and you will be developing spiritually.

hmmm. Ok. Right. I will look into that as well. :-)

13 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Why do you think Anulom Vilom is Gold?

Just because it's the best kriya to balance PRANAS— thereby helps in balancing various processes in the body.

I'd recommend Premasati Yoga. As silly as it looks, I believe there's something to it. It combines contemplation / open-mindedness training with meditation and breathwork. It also utilizes the sexual energy you get from doing it with a partner. It's the one practice I've actually found to be fun and not boring. It was invented by Connor Murphy. It seems to be a combination of Pranayama, Tantra, and Kundalini Yoga, but it also seems to include a spiritual conversation component before the yoga poses which is very unique.  

17 hours ago, ajai said:

Just because it's the best kriya to balance PRANAS— thereby helps in balancing various processes in the body.

Right. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Valwyndir said:

I'd recommend Premasati Yoga. As silly as it looks, I believe there's something to it. It combines contemplation / open-mindedness training with meditation and breathwork. It also utilizes the sexual energy you get from doing it with a partner. It's the one practice I've actually found to be fun and not boring. It was invented by Connor Murphy. It seems to be a combination of Pranayama, Tantra, and Kundalini Yoga, but it also seems to include a spiritual conversation component before the yoga poses which is very unique. 

Right. Thanks for the recommendation.

I am a Video Editor and Connor Murphy contacted me at Fiverr for Video Editing of his videos.  

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

A slow and consious namaaz is a form of great yoga.

Thanks a lot :-)