Hardkill

How much do women get turned on by a man's looks?

174 posts in this topic

@Etherial Cat I would think it's the hyper-masculine connotations. Anything masculine must be taken to the ultimate extreme. Very Stage Orange 80's action movie. They can also use testosterone as a means of justifying it. Evolution favoured men who had high testosterone and high testosterone correlates with a strong jaw. In the bodybuilding community it's believed that using the steroid trenbolone will increase your jawline. 

1 hour ago, Etherial Cat said:

I find odd that obsession towards that "Chad" squarish jaw line. Those they rank as 10s are biased towards that looks. 

It's like this is the holly grail of male beauty. 

I agree. I find it quite interesting that both the lowest tier and highest tier look quite deformed to be honest, but the high tier is very symmetrical.
The high tier looks quite like a cartoon with exaggerated features.

I'd even consider the possibility that the existence of such subreddits as @Bando posted is solely for the purpose of holding this beauty standard in effect. Because isn't it deceptively one-dimensional just so that we can compare people as if it was something objective? Why not give various ratings to different facial features such as nose, ears, jawline, etc? Why not judge body shape along with facial symmetry? Because then, we could not compare and sort people into categories so easily like this.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Gesundheit Most females in 8 to 9.5 range I wouldn't even call attractive. I think as long as someone is healthy attractiveness it's quite subjective.

I wasn't exactly sure if this was how you guys were approaching it so I am making assumptions here, but enough people have done this that I think it worthy of mention. A few of you guys are saying, "I don't even find those women attractive." You don't need to denigrate a person's attractiveness just because you don't find them attractive or are trying to oppose unrealistic beauty standards. This is like the people who will say, "oh curvy women are REAL women, nobody likes a skinny bitch." That completely misses the point. 

Again, I apologize if I'm misinterpreting things here, but just wanted to put it out there. 

15 minutes ago, Elevated said:

You don't need to denigrate a person's attractiveness just because you don't find them attractive or are trying to oppose unrealistic beauty standards.

The fact that I don't find someone attractive doesn't mean that I denigrate their attractiveness. I am just expressing my preferences.
There is no objective beauty standard that "sits" outside of our minds. This beauty standard is only unified because we collectively decide so. It does not even touch upon the person in question. It is wholly my own perception.

17 minutes ago, Elevated said:

This is like the people who will say, "oh curvy women are REAL women, nobody likes a skinny bitch." That completely misses the point. 

Statements "I don't find this person attractive" and "this person is a skinny bitch" are MILES apart. The former is about how my mind works and the latter is a judgement about the nature of the person in question. 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki I wasn't trying to call out any one person, I'm just making it clear because I think it's an mistake many people make. 

Edited by Elevated

@Username

Agreed.

Also, I would be interested in a chart like that, minus the make-up.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Life cannot exist without bias. Consider it what you will.

There's a big difference between sheerly appreciating beauty, whether it be a person or a sunset, and wanting a partner who is attractive because ultimately that person believes that having an attractive partner will soothe the insecurity that exists in themselves.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

34 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There's a big difference between sheerly appreciating beauty, whether it be a person or a sunset, and wanting a partner who is attractive because ultimately that person believes that having an attractive partner will soothe the insecurity that exists in themselves.

There's really not much difference. If you're gonna play the duality game, you must necessarily have insecurities in yourself. Because duality = fear, and fear creates love, and love creates appreciation.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

8 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

There's really not much difference.

There's a huge difference in how they feel in your experience.

9 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

fear creates love

nope.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I dont understand why looks should matter to women considering they judge you on your personality and skills a lot.

Like you judge us on looks or on personality and skill?

Make up your minds please.

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

There's a huge difference in how they feel in your experience.

Perhaps you're referring to an elated emotional state?

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

nope.

Why wouldn't it? In order to love something (appearance), you must fear its disappearance. If you don't fear its disappearance, then how can you call that love?

5 minutes ago, MrBON said:

I dont understand why looks should matter to women considering they judge you on your personality and skills a lot.

Like you judge us on looks or on personality and skill?

Make up your minds please.

You wouldn't reject a Lamborghini with a jacuzzi inside of it, would you?

@MrBON You're demanding women reduce their decision-making about sexuality and romance down to a single factor lmao. People are more complex than that dude. 

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

In order to love something (appearance), you must fear its disappearance. If you don't fear its disappearance, then how can you call that love?

That's attachment, not love. Love is the absence of suffering. 

13 minutes ago, MrBON said:

A lot of women would really like to be judged on their personality and skills if they are going to be judged and evaluated at all.

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

That's attachment, not love.

Love IS attachment. And don't give me the unconditional love lecture.

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Love is the absence of suffering. 

So, there's no suffering in love? God must really hate humanity.

7 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Love IS attachment. And don't give me the unconditional love lecture.

So, there's no suffering in love? God must really hate humanity.

Your idea of love isn't love, it's a thought. Don't mistake the thought of something and your judgments about it, (more thoughts) for the actual experience, which you know by how it feels. Love feels amazing. 

@mandyjw Nah. You just proved that it's impossible to reason with a high person. And I just proved that it's impossible to experience unconditional love from within an ordinary state of consciousness.

Very, very little. Ive been probably a 8.5/10 on looks most of my Life. 

Yet since my personality has been totally beta male i have gotten NOTHING.

Although its true that Girls do look at me and i can see im being looked in an attraction manner . But once they got to know me im fucked Lol ahahha