Hardkill

How much do women get turned on by a man's looks?

174 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Stage Orange will stage Orange...

I used to get very mad at the objectification going on there (because it is obviously a lose-lose on the long term) but I think these men seek 1) validation from the group to demonstrate their worth through a trophy 2) physical beauty as a fetish in order to compensate for the lack of transcendental in their magicless perception of the world.

My point here is that this is all mental pathologies and unresolved issues they can't really help at their level, otherwise they'd be pass it. It's almost structural and bound to happen.

I find it great that pick up is evolving towards new stages. But of course the orange segment of it will remain for a while and try to drag the other down.

I think this is part of the power of Spiral Dynamics. It cleared up so much of the resentment and confusion I had about why people do what they do. You can't hate someone when they're just at their level. How can I look down on someone objectifying women when their truth is grounded in an objective, physical reality? How else would they approach it? 

It also gives you a clear roadmap for looking at yourself and seeing how you can improve. I can be high and mighty about the fact that I look at women as more than just their physical appearance, and yet I'm not appreciating the Spiral from my Tier 1 position. I use my own beliefs as a bludgeon against anyone who doesn't agree with me and that's just not right. 

@Elevated If we want to view game from the lens of spiral dynamics, I think looking at the values behind doing game is most important. Are you creating me win/you lose, me win/ you win or me win/you win/society win situations?

Natural game can happen at any level, many guys who are living from stage red values are very natural, they don't even think about game. Natural game is just getting so good at the process of attraction that it becomes a part of you and it's no longer a conscious process.

Attraction is a process so would there really be a stage green/yellow/orange/blue version of attraction? The same basic principles and progression applies (in general), what changes is the values behind the action.

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Women do get turned on by a man's looks.

But, unlike men, women also get turned on by average (even below average) looking men who are bold at communicating confidence, humor, and grounded masculine energy.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to have 10s become extremely attracted to you through nothing but presence and humor.

Attracting women is nothing more than energy communication. If your energy is in the right place, attraction is almost inevitable.

Simple as that.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@neutralempty @TheAlchemist

I'm going to start capitalizing Pickup to denote that I'm talking specifically about Pickup as a tool, and not just the general process of romantically meeting women. 

I think the distinction here is that Pickup originated from a Stage Orange mindset. It reduced social interaction down to a series of steps that you could just take yourself and the girl through, there was a process of trial and error, peer review, etc.

So, once Natural Pickup became a thing specifically within the Pickup community, it was the evolution of a Stage Orange tool toward a Stage Green form. Obviously natural game can occur at any level, but we are specifically talking about a tool that transcended and included as it evolved. 

I should add that Natural Pickup itself was not a line that once crossed meant it was completely Green. Like I said in earlier posts, it was the very beginnings of the move toward Green because it began to view social interaction not as a reducible, mechanistic thing, but as a more human, emotional thing. The vast majority of Pickup is still Orange, but the bleeding edge of Pickup has become Green. 

Edited by Elevated

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The world's most effective self-esteem seminar or your money back! Meet at Walmart at 3am in Arkansas ;)

Here's a picture of me, making my debut down the frozen foods aisle of the Citrus County Walmart after the local pub closes.

HELLO WORLD!

supermodel.jpeg

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Moon

Exactly! ?

1 hour ago, Etherial Cat said:

Also, further on that topic.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jan/08/what-makes-men-send-dick-pics

Sending unsolicited dick pick is discussed as criminal offense material. So beware, its not only about what's our opinion but also it could turn out rather badly in general.  ?

Haters will hate. I'll stop when it's illegal. Or, maybe not, and catch me if you can.

I only did it once to gain this wisdom that I am presenting here. But you guys take everything too seriously. Relax.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

My homie is an adonis. 6 foot 4, 215 lbs of muscle, and half Cherokee for a tanner look. Women have literally gone up to him in bars looking like lost puppies and asking to kiss him.

nuff said

1 hour ago, Axiomatic said:

My homie is an adonis. 6 foot 4, 215 lbs of muscle, and half Cherokee for a tanner look. Women have literally gone up to him in bars looking like lost puppies and asking to kiss him.

nuff said

Case closed.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

7 hours ago, mandyjw said:

So does this also mean that if looks are important to you, you're lazy, spoiled and have an undeveloped imagination?:S xDxDxD

No, it just means you're biased.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Emerald Oh my god I so wouldn't be comparing yourself to these chicks. They're totally overrated. You don't realise how important personality is to guys that have a brain cell as well as how overrated in general looks are to guys like this. They actually have a developed prefrontal cortex remember.

5 hours ago, Axiomatic said:

My homie is an adonis. 6 foot 4, 215 lbs of muscle, and half Cherokee for a tanner look. Women have literally gone up to him in bars looking like lost puppies and asking to kiss him. nuff said

I am not an Adonis but i am maybe an 8,5 (considering i am short, 1,68m). This has happened to me a lot considering that this doesn't happen to the average guy but it is still a rare occurrence. Also, it is never the best girls, only average, 7 or 7.5. This can NEVER be relied upon to get girls, it is just an occasional bonus. 

The 8's, 9's and 10's don't give a fuck about your looks if it is all you got. It isn't anything extraordinary to them. 

The best girls i picked up were with pure game, i was on fire, completely in state. When looks is all i got, rejection is almost a certainty. 

17 minutes ago, Recursoinominado said:

I am not an Adonis but i am maybe an 8,5 (considering i am short, 1,68m). This has happened to me a lot considering that this doesn't happen to the average guy but it is still a rare occurrence. Also, it is never the best girls, only average, 7 or 7.5. This can NEVER be relied upon to get girls, it is just an occasional bonus. 

The 8's, 9's and 10's don't give a fuck about your looks if it is all you got. It isn't anything extraordinary to them. 

The best girls i picked up were with pure game, i was on fire, completely in state. When looks is all i got, rejection is almost a certainty. 

The girls I saw approaching him didn't look like 7s to me but thanks for sharing 

1 hour ago, Origins said:

@Emerald Oh my god I so wouldn't be comparing yourself to these chicks. They're totally overrated. You don't realise how important personality is to guys that have a brain cell as well as how overrated in general looks are to guys like this. They actually have a developed prefrontal cortex remember.

I'm not comparing myself out of a sense of insecurity. (Though I do have insecurities and always have)

But truly, I do like the way that I look. I think I look just fine. That's why I give myself a 5 or a 6.

I had brought up my perception of my looks-number simply so I could answer the question posed by the OP about how important looks are to women and to make my original point that I tend to be attracted to men who are about my looks-match... aka average looking guys. 

I'm an average looking woman, and I tend to be most likely to become attracted to average looking guys. And men who fall out of my looks-range (in either direction), I am far less likely to develop an attraction to them. 

So, I'm just as unlikely to not develop an attraction to a 9 as I am unlikely to develop and attraction to a 2. And that's because I'm a 5 or 6. This is how looks tend to matter for me. It's like my subconscious automatically weeds out anyone who isn't in the 4-6 range as potential partners.

And I'm also aware that many men are not that picky with looks. And men who are mature and looking for something substantial will seek real chemistry and compatibility. This was not my concern when I made the post.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

This is kind of off topic but how do you even know where you fall in the 1-10 scale of attractiveness? Like so many people have so many various preferences, what looks like a 10 to me looks like a 5 in my friend's eyes and vice versa. I get what is considered attractive by society's standards but even then culturally things can vary A LOT. Also even if someone is attractive by society's standards, that doesn't mean that they are going to be attractive by an individual's standard. For me, I can look at a lot of celebrities that people often talk about being so sexy but a lot of the times, I can see why they would be considered attractive, kind of like how you can see why a painting would be considered beautiful, but I'm personally not attracted to them and they register as a 5-6 in my mind. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

@Recursoinominado Look i really appreciate all the positive vibes you give on this forum and tough love etc. However normal guys cannot take you as a success model if you look like an  8.5 honestly. As an 8.5 you need some decent game and you can fuck even very attractive girls. Decent game is not that difficult to develop, the issue is with average looking guys that need GREAT game to get a nice girl (around 7/10 in attractiveness). Anyway thank you for the work you do here, i am not attacking you or anything

@soos_mite_ah  Theres actually a whole subreddit dedicated to finding stuff like this out believe it or not, it's called TrueRateMe. In my opinion the place reeks of incel and Redpill culture but their template on rating looks is one perspective to think about if you're interested. 

The general gist is that in terms of facial aesthetics a 1-3 is  on the lower end end of the spectrum 4-6 is where most of society lands is 7 is your local hot chick or dude and 8-10 are model like status.

This is the Rank system they use for Men~ https://i.imgur.com/1EpSoNB.jpg

This is the Rank system they use for Women~ https://i.imgur.com/YlBqElb.png

And this is how they determine those metrics~ https://i.imgur.com/vA5AUfp.jpg

My take on it is that there are certain traits that all human beings find attractive and unattractive. One person may see someone as 5 but to  you see them as 8 because they have certain preferences you enjoy (hight, build, race ect).  This model does have its limitations as beauty is subjective but only up to a certain point. A 1-2 stands out just as much as a 9-10 does 

5 hours ago, neutralempty said:

Couldn't you consider bias an underdevelopment?

Life cannot exist without bias. Consider it what you will.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@soos_mite_ah I know I don't get that either. When I used the word math as I did initially in this thread, its complicated math, not straight forward math as culture likes to oversimplify it "Oh you're a 5, 6, etc, etc". As long as your nose isn't Everest / analogous you have to be more open minded to at least both a +/-2 depending on what demographic is viewing you, and that too, is still oversimplifying things.

Edited by Origins