Renee_7777

Connection

9 posts in this topic

Connection. How can we connect with others and have others connect with us when we feel disconnected. I feel this often and would appreciate any resources.

Hi

This are a important topic, two important and easy ways to make us feel connected are rare nowadays, hugs and  handshakes. :x

:) We maybe can post something little everyday about connection, in the forum or in this topic, as a reminder to find more ways to stay connected somehow, to spend more quality time with others somehow, both irl and on internet with each other, keep safety when connect irl ofc.

I dove into this pretty deeply during a recent mushroom trip that was centered around my own integration of Stage Purple. I came to the conclusion that I was unconsciously (and probably consciously) setting impossible standards for my Tribe (my family and friends). When they inevitably failed to meet those standards, I used it as an excuse to withdraw from those relationships.

Obviously this might not be the reason for everyone, but being aware of how the expectations you have for relationships are influencing your own behaviour in those relationships can be a good first step.

I feel that gratitude for what we do have is important too. Spending some time to consider the positives of our relationships can help motivate us to reach out for support from our Tribe. We are less focused on everything they can't give us, and are more focused on what they can. 

@Renee_7777

We have to recognize that the lack of connection we may be experiencing is not just an isolated, individual problem. It's a collective, societal problem involving everyone all at once.

Millions of people are feeling disconnected and that cannot be chalked up to individual dysfunction. That's a total system failure.

That's very insightful and so greatly appreciated. There is a part of me, a traumatized immature part, which I believe is my higher self trying to grow, that feels others don't want to connect with me and disconnected from others. 

56 minutes ago, Renee_7777 said:

Connection. How can we connect with others and have others connect with us when we feel disconnected. I feel this often and would appreciate any resources.

@aurum society has it wrong. I agree greatly with the system failure @DIDego agreed I'll make a point to check in daily 

42 minutes ago, Renee_7777 said:

There is a part of me, a traumatized immature part, which I believe is my higher self trying to grow, that feels others don't want to connect with me and disconnected from others

Something that I recently read:

Other people are waiting for you to introduce yourself to them, they are waiting for you to send them an email, they are waiting for you to ask them on a date. Go ahead.

If you want to, I can turn this limiting belief around. A feeling of liberation.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Renee_7777 You have to always start with connection, then at the very least you start and end with connection with yourself. I just can't the noise outside of that anymore. It's seriously not worth it beyond short term returns mostly. This short term world is frustrating heh.

People are so addicted these days to everything outside of themselves, it can be hard to distinguish whether you're connecting with them or their addiction / need for reaction they want/need you to have outside of them being their spontaneous selves. What on earth is this sub-culture coming to? Geesh, just be real yo.