Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caveman

Reading and embodying

4 posts in this topic

So i've got big bunch of books that I will be reading in the following order: trauma and emotions, focus and productivity, refining and mastery.

For each category there are let's say 4 books.

How do you find it most effective to really learn and absorb each one?

1- Would you dive in a days/weeks long full immersion, one after another? Contemplating each day, finding connections? Doing a recap every weekend?

2- Or do you approach it more organically, perhaps even "rainbowing" it (1 from the first group, one from the second group, one from the third group, then all over again), with no "intensity" to it.

Method 1 is telling me that it is smart because I would unlock different notions asap that could then snowball earlier on in my learning process.

Method 2 is telling me it has more time to sink in and be observed in every day life, plus that I could work on improving my creative skills.

Usually I would go for method 2 but considering how much more effective one can become with the right information, I'm wondering whether updating RAM would not be a good idea at the expense of putting practical skills development at a minimum for 3 months or so. Yet it won't have that prolonged exposure that helps assimilate it.

I feel i'm at a turning point in shadow work, lots of emotions and delusions popping out like pimples. These are the same ones that in a way do not want me to learn because it would mean the death of some versions of the ego, so it's maybe more important than the outer work itself I'd say.

Looking forward to your experiences.

Edited by caveman

Sounds like you are asking the right questions. You will have to figure out what works best for you! There are also subfields in self help that help you learn to design your own life long learning plans. Personally, I find myself reading multiple books at once. I review as I go, and when I finish the book I review my notes, book highlights and answer what I learned from it. 

Polymath: https://www.amazon.ca/Learn-Like-Polymath-Multidisciplinary-Irreplaceable-ebook/dp/B08JKPHMX7/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=polymath&qid=1610544944&sr=8-4 gives a good outline for creating your own learning plan, breaking things into modules and how to take great notes

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Sounds like you are asking the right questions. You will have to figure out what works best for you! There are also subfields in self help that help you learn to design your own life long learning plans. Personally, I find myself reading multiple books at once. I review as I go, and when I finish the book I review my notes, book highlights and answer what I learned from it. 

Polymath: https://www.amazon.ca/Learn-Like-Polymath-Multidisciplinary-Irreplaceable-ebook/dp/B08JKPHMX7/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=polymath&qid=1610544944&sr=8-4 gives a good outline for creating your own learning plan, breaking things into modules and how to take great notes

Thanks for the lead. Yes, that's what I do as well, usually 2-3 books at a time slowly. But like you suggested one should try, therefore I think i'll test full-immersion once.

Book reading is one of the best way to normalise yourself and get a rid of burden of tension which you are facing in your routine life. These are some cheap dissertation writing service for you to choose books to understand trauma and emotions.

Edited by Bryson77