Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HERO_

fear of losing my passion

4 posts in this topic

I know my life purpose but I'm still afraid to go all in, I feel if I go all in I will lose my passion for it and I will get bored of it why am I feeling this way? also, I have images of me regretting choosing this over other things, I feel that I didn't explore and experience enough in life 

@HERO_ You still haven’t resolved it within yourself otherwise you wouldn’t be afraid. You’ve just got a lot of noise there. I would concentrate on disposing the noise in the bin and then just calmly moving to your purpose. Be careful of all kinds of mental creations including these, garbage men never fathomed that their purpose growing up would be to dispose of rubbish, though for many but not all of them, that’s all they’re capable of doing. Purpose is merely a question surfaced around capability, not desire, we can desire the latter to pair with the former but we must create those conditions. Purpose is therefore a creative act, remember that, you could be involved in a car accident today and then suddenly your purpose is to be confined to a wheelchair for 10 years, or a at least a large part of your physical purpose.

Edited by Origins

Only in recent times has having passion been seen as a good thing. It might be more appropriate for me to suggest that there now seems to be Two usages perhaps. Anyone have thoughts on this?

The enneagram, for example is often labeled as having passions listed on it which are opposite of the Virtues.

Passion of fear       Virtue of Courage

Passion of lust.       Virtue of innocence

passion of anger     Virtue of serenity

passion of pride      Virtue of humility

etc.,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn