Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

Glenn Greenwald Talks About The Dangers of Twitter

3 posts in this topic

Hello.

I would like to know your thoughts on this topic.

It's a really interesting conversation since Glenn Greenwald is a leftist and stands up for free speech.

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

Hmm.. 

The thing is let's say I have a product that I sell to people. It's my responsibility to see how my product is being used and how it benefits people. 

If my product is being associated with making bombs and if my company trademark is being put on flags that are being used by violent extremists, I will obviously have a problem with that. 

I will tell the extremist group to not use my company logo because I don't want my product to be associated with their message or concept. 

Also I don't want my product to be used the way they are using it. For example my product is meant for health. It's meant as a lotion on the body. 

Let's say the extremist group is using my lotion as an ingredient in poisoning drinks and giving it to people. 

I would be extremely upset with how my product is being used in a nefarious way which could impact my brand name and its reputation. 

What if they tamper with my product and add some harmful ingredients to it and sell it back on the market? Will I be okay with it? 

I will most likely file a lawsuit, right? 

Similarly Tech companies are providing a service. 

But there are basic terms and conditions on how to use the service that those who use the service agree to during the signing up process.. 

For example, do you expect Leo to be okay if this website is used for selling drugs? 

He won't be okay. Because that's not in the terms and conditions on how to use this website. 

This is not about kicking out the right wing, that would be called discrimination. 

You can clearly see how only individuals and specific groups are being taken off twitter or Facebook because it does not align with the values associated with their product. 

They have the right to sell their product in a free global market and all decisions on how such a product is being used or marketed belongs to their decisions on licensing and agreement. 

If you don't read the fine print on Community rules and Guidelines which are once again their product related agreement, it's your issue and they reserve the right for you to stop using their products.. 

This is such a simple concept. 

Remember that Twitter or Facebook are not owned by USA government but by business owners in a free market. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Another thread that will go in circles. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!