Brandon Nankivell

If every human was fully enlightened, would evil still exist?

37 posts in this topic

We would have to agree to a collective suicide, since "evil" is necessary to sustain the population in the world, that is, the exploitation of the other, be it human or animal ... or Vegetable, destroying the environment natural. This society has gotten where it is because of the ego. If all of humanity were suddenly enlightened, it would be as if a stock broker were enlightened, he d have to undo many external aspects of his life

11 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Your concept of karma is incomplete. Ever heard of the concept of prarabdha karma? Karma isn't some frivolous thing. It's the very basis of your physical existence. You still exist as a physical being after enlightenment, unless your concept of enlightenment is complete annihilation or mahasamadhi.

I hold no value in concepts, Prarabdha is a concept within a concept.. You have yet to see my friend.

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

29 minutes ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

I hold no value in concepts, Prarabdha is a concept within a concept.. You have yet to see my friend.

LMAO ok dude. So your concept of karma is not a concept? 9_9

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

LMAO ok dude. So your concept of karma is not a concept? 9_9

That's the thing, there's nothing there. I'm simply stating the meaning of their concept.

Edited by SpiritualAwakening

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

29 minutes ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

That's the thing, there's nothing there. I'm simply stating the meaning of their concept.

You're not stating anything of meaning right now.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

If every human was fully enlightened, would evil still exist?

In other words if every human was always fully aware that ALL IS ONE and ONE IS ALL then NO. Why would you harm yourself and diminish your own experience and prevent your own growth and expansion?  A fully enlightened being is always aware that separation is an illusion.

On 13/01/2021 at 6:27 PM, Gesundheit said:

What is evil?

I'm not 100% certain.

Would you consider Hitler's extermination of millions of Jews 'Evil'?

I suppose it 'is what it is'.

But my understanding is that all non-fully-enlightened humans, including myself, reading this - Would agree in some sense that Hitler's actions were 'Evil'.

That still doesn't say exactly what 'Evil' is or whether it even exists.

But what I'm getting at is that we may all have a shared understanding of what 'Evil' is, just like we all have a shared understanding of what the color 'red' is.

So perhaps I'm asking: 'Does 'red' still exist if every human becomes enlightened?'

And what does Nietzsche mean by 'Beyond Good & Evil'?

Interested to see the responses but at the same time, it's becoming clear to me that this is a fruitless conversation in many respects.

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Will never be possible. 

1. Do you know that with 100% certainty?

2. Regardless, it's a thought experiment, and thought experiments can be useful.

Evil never existed.

But stuff you don't like would still happen to you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Brandon Nankivell

1. Obviously there would need to be people first. This is self evident. 

2. Also seems obvious. ?

1. So are you 100% certain? Not convinced it is self-evident. Perhaps a whale considers that 'Evil' exists. And it could? But I'm not a whale, so I don't know. When I say 'Evil', I'm talking about 'Evil' itself, assuming it is a thing, not the sounds and letters that represent it.

According to Leo as stated above, Evil never existed.

And that may be true.

2. True

Time for me to shut up and meditate.

Or watch another Chip Diamond video.

f704ab6c-e6a0-47c5-a6cd-64db6b17daf15dcd

Edited by Brandon Nankivell

17 minutes ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

1. So are you 100% certain?

That question is like the original question. These can’t be answered, but only because the premise is an assumption. (That there are humans, and that there is already evil). Without the thoughts, in the clouds in the sky sense, the clear sky is readily absolute certainty. Knowing there is no evil is really more acutely knowing the love. Delusion naturally falls away and becomes light, and funny. 

Not convinced it is self-evident.

Where then, is the evil, other than in thought?  And what is not convinced? 

Perhaps a whale considers that 'Evil' exists. And it could? But I'm not a whale, so I don't know.

Right on. Stick with direct experience. Nothing is hidden. Reality is the Self, ‘it’s’ self evident. Sans only thoughts to the contrary. Reality can’t of course be found. Thoughts can be let go. True nature does what ‘it’ does. Fills ya up.

When I say 'Evil', I'm talking about 'Evil' itself, assuming it is a thing, not the sounds and letters that represent it.

Right on. Keep inspecting assumptions. Thought experiments are very helpful for shaken em out of the bushes. 

According to Leo as stated above, Evil never existed.

And that may be true.

Time for me to shut up and meditate.

Or watch another Chip Diamond video.

??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 14/01/2021 at 4:06 AM, Inliytened1 said:

Permanent enlightenment is Infinity which is Absolute Love or Absolute Goodness.   All of us finite beings, though we have woke up, still return to being finite.  And to be finite is to be imperfect.  It is to wrestle with ego.

But reality would be a HELL of a lot better...no pun intended.  Crime would be nearly gone, war would be a thing of the past....  That would be a much more conscious, turquoise society, far more advanced - with Love/Pure Consciousness as its focal point.  Though not without its imperfections, it would be the alien society you imagine - or humanity in 1000 years.

awwww :) music to my ears :)

why 1000 years? (ok, i'll stop now) 

2 hours ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

I'm not 100% certain.

Would you consider Hitler's extermination of millions of Jews 'Evil'?

I suppose it 'is what it is'.

But my understanding is that all non-fully-enlightened humans, including myself, reading this - Would agree in some sense that Hitler's actions were 'Evil'.

That still doesn't say exactly what 'Evil' is or whether it even exists.

But what I'm getting at is that we may all have a shared understanding of what 'Evil' is, just like we all have a shared understanding of what the color 'red' is.

So perhaps I'm asking: 'Does 'red' still exist if every human becomes enlightened?'

And what does Nietzsche mean by 'Beyond Good & Evil'?

Interested to see the responses but at the same time, it's becoming clear to me that this is a fruitless conversation in many respects.

I agree.

It's totally pointless and misses the mark whether or not evil exists as an independent phenomenon outside of the human perception, i.e. objective evil vs. subjective evil. This inquiry is not important and really just a straw-man of the actual question. Because as long as we cannot prevent the bad stuff from happening, then the source doesn't really matter. (I know "bad" is a label, so whoever reading this, you won't be considered a genius for pointing that out).

Spiritual people are the biggest hypocrites in this regard. Because on the one hand, they naively say that evil does not exist and it's all just infinite love bla bla bla. But then on the other hand, they're quite the selfish people that won't really care for anyone else other than themselves.

If you put them to the challenge and do something "evil" to them. All of the sudden, you will be called a devil, as if they're the almighty God, and you're the evil devil. All of the sudden, you're not infinite love anymore, rather you're just a limited deluded selfish devil that is making God angry because you're not following/agreeing with his selfish agendas. Suddenly, there will be a distinction between the absolute and the relative, and an alignment between the two that you are missing. And you will be straw-manned time and time again. You'll discuss the relative, and they'll resort to the absolute. You'll go to the absolute, and they'll resort to the relative. Endless fruitless pointless hypocrisy, just to mask the fact that they're the biggest hypocrites in the world, and that they're bypassing and refusing to see the evil within themselves, because "it doesn't exist".

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey