Brandon Nankivell

If every human was fully enlightened, would evil still exist?

37 posts in this topic

There might be a better way of phrasing this, especially the exist part - but title says it all.

Enlightenment doesn't delete all karma. It only simplifies the situation.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Enlightenment reveals that evil is a socially conditioned concept of the mind.

So it doesn't exist already ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

What is evil?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

interesting question  . i think it has to depend on your  meaning of evil . does eating meat count as evil? you have to realize reality is neutral. evil and  good are projections .they are assigned by your mind. so ironically to be enlightened is to realize that everything is perfect already. but then ofcourse undoubtedly if all people are "enlightened" there will be less relative evil . i think yes.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

conscious people are altruistic and low conscious people are almost champanzees

One way to rephrase that....If I stop listening to thoughts, believing there is separation, humans, etc...if I stop comparing and measuring what is actaual with my thoughts...what was that question about again, I forgot already.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

edit: I should say that I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm talking about what an enlightened person would do when I have no experience of enlightenment. I was going to delete this, but thought it would be better to leave it so as to not unnecessarily obfuscate the conversation. 

Well I think if we define evil as the imposition of one's survival needs over another's, then the answer becomes a little more clear. I'm not enlightened, but what I conceive an enlightened person to be would no longer value their own survival needs over the survival needs of another. In a world of limited resources that means that there could be mass starvation as people don't eat because they don't feel the need to impose their survival over another, thus leaving the limited resources for another.

If everyone is enlightened then perhaps everyone will do this...but that raises the issue that if everyone is doing it then the resources never run out. It seems ridiculous to say that everyone will just stop eating though. 

I think this lends evidence to the possibility that as long as there are limited resources we cannot all be enlightened. People will be motivated to value their own survival over that of others at least insofar as it prevents their physical death, and so obstacles will always be there at least for others. If it is there at least for some then those people may hoard such resources away from those who are enlightened who may be more likely to just give them, which would lead to mass starvation and thus increased difficulty in actually being enlightened.

I really have no idea so oh well lol. 

Edited by Elevated

30 minutes ago, Nahm said:

One way to rephrase that....If I stop listening to thoughts, believing there is separation, humans, etc...if I stop comparing and measuring what is actual with my thoughts...what was that question about again, I forgot already.

:x

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

A bit of analysis of the fount of wisdom that is Hollywood shows that evil is generally characterised with big and sharp teeth and an appetite for human flesh. As if we were still hunter gatherers living on the African plains having to outrun lions. Which is not far from the truth if you look at how the amygdala works. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Enlightenment doesn't delete all karma. It only simplifies the situation.

Bullshit. with full insight and realization you'll see that the notion of "Karma" (which is every action that isn't a reaction) completely pulverizes. 

Edited by SpiritualAwakening

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

13 hours ago, Brandon Nankivell said:

There might be a better way of phrasing this, especially the exist part - but title says it all.

You first tell me what you mean by 'evil', 'evil' to me is an intention placed into the act. But then still, killing an ant is the same as killing a baby. The reason society reacts differently to both acts is because in their perception of the subject 'humanity' (themselves) is more important than the other.

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

Yes. If everyone was at an advanced enough stage of enlightenment it would be as if the earth was one giant collective consciousness. Think of the ideal family who's values align so perfectly that there is never any issues. Now extend that family to everyone on the planet.   

At an advanced enough stage of enlightenment, all resistance to what is ceases. The duality between selfishness and selflessness is shattered. The idea of doing anything to harm another person seems ridiculous. The idea of taking from others to suit yourself seems counterproductive, because everyone IS you. Once you realize your groundless nature and your identity becomes completely fluid,  it makes more sense to abide as the entire earth rather than as an individual. You don't have to tell someone not to cut off their own arm haha.   

Anyone who claims "full" enlightenment doesn't come with complete morality simply hasn't reached a high enough stage of enlightenment. Enlightenment is different for everyone though. Morality is simply one aspect of awakening, just like an awakening into equanimity, infinite intelligence, or nothingness.   

If one human was fully enlightened, would evil still exist within that human? Evil is the absence of light. It is transient, it is conditional, and it is a lie. If you are filled with light, how can you harbor evil?

From the ultimate perspective, the question makes no sense. There is only God, and the dualities of good/evil, freedom/attachment, and enlightenment/ignorance dissolve into the dreams that created them.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Brandon Nankivell Evil already doesn’t exist.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

For evil not to exist only the absence of your judgement is required - wich is one facet of enlightenment

~ There are infinite ways to reunite that which already is one ~

8 hours ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

Bullshit. with full insight and realization you'll see that the notion of "Karma" (which is every action that isn't a reaction) completely pulverizes. 

Your concept of karma is incomplete. Ever heard of the concept of prarabdha karma? Karma isn't some frivolous thing. It's the very basis of your physical existence. You still exist as a physical being after enlightenment, unless your concept of enlightenment is complete annihilation or mahasamadhi.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:11 PM, Brandon Nankivell said:

Permanent enlightenment is Infinity/Absolute Love /Absolute Goodness.   All of us finite beings, though we may have woken up, still return to being finite.  And to be finite is to be imperfect.  It is to wrestle with ego.

But reality would be a HELL of a lot better...no pun intended.  Crime would be nearly gone, war would be a thing of the past....  That would be a much more conscious, turquoise society, far more advanced - with Love/Pure Consciousness as its focal point.  Though not without its imperfections, it would be much like that highly advanced alien society you imagine is out there somewhere - or humanity in 1000 years.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.