Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ADVAIT

DAVID R. HAWKINS

18 posts in this topic

Even though his books are so fuckin repetitive about that The Map of Consciousness shit and calibration scale, this guy is a legend. He has got so many fuckin epic insights. 

The most important thing about his work is not muscle test etc, it is - living life without FEAR! 

He had 20 autoimmune diseases so at one point he could only eat a lettuce in a salad whenever he went to any restaurant. All our negative thinking and bad psychology converts into heart attack and million other diseases. 

I think he is massively underrated. Read his books if you want to self- actualize.

Yeah his books are Great!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@ADVAIT What do you think of his calibration system? I tried to understand it... not saying that its bull but one of my first thoughts was: ” If it’s totally foolproof, why I’ve never heard anyone using it for finding missing persons or whatever?” Also he measured republicans being on higher level than liberals... 

Otherwise interesting person. 

@At awe We don't need to embrace his complete idiology as no human being can be perfect. It is about how can you smartly apply it to your own life. First try it for yourself, who cares how accurate is it! We want those god damn results! :P ?

I don't know about "calibration" but in terms of understanding emotions his chart is the best I ever seen

@ADVAIT I tend to analyze very carefully the theories that people spread. Just because someone enthusiasticly talks about” painting a house with a shovel ” it doesn’t mean you should try it. 

“Who cares how accurate it is!” does not work for me. 

@At awe Thats why I said 'smartly'. If you will dissect every little thing then you will get lost in all the silly concepts. 

Here I am talking about Content vs Structure. Look at the structure. Following content without looking at structure is a big maze. From his self bias he has created the map of Consciousness. 

You should take help from that map, Spiral dynamics, Systems thinking etc etc and think independently. 

What I mostly took from his Healing and Recovery is our mind is quite a trickster and using its own tricks we can trick it back and not get stuck in apathy and societal ideology and dogmas.

I have dived into these concepts actually. And Hawkins has his points. I just didn’t fancy his measuring techniques. I have always liked tiny details, it does not mean refuse to see the big picture?

@At awe Then you wouldn't criticize him too harshly and have an implicit understanding about my intent of this post. I started it by saying how repetitive he is and we should not take his muscle tests seriously because having weak muscle is just one of the phenomenon but important one. It could be anything from can't look into the eyes, shake hands confidently, touching nose every second, can't utter a word above 2dB, sitting in the corner etc etc. Thats why I said this guy has amazing insights and will completely change your life because he saw things from STRUCTURAL level. 

I don't even want to argue about such obvious things. Clearly you are Mr. Perfect kind of guy.

With all due respect brother.

In my opinion it’s more discussion than arguing. There are no emotions here. Plus we’re pretty much on the same page, with somewhat different criticism. Maybe my post about shovel was a bit too much.

In my opinion everything is perfect, everyone are perfect. Otherwise it would have been some other way. But we still seemingly choose our favorite teachers, right? Hawkins definitely gave me something, no doubt. For me  J.Krishnamurti, R.Spira, Leo, A.Watts, R.Dass etc are just more likable. Maybe I wasn’t ready to see the world thru Hawkins eyes??Who knows.

Take care?

@At awe Yeah, we have impact of different teachers at different periods. Thats true. Even get bought into their paradigms time and time again. It's just when someone really gives us results we get excited!

He's not great at speaking though. I have multiple audiobooks by him that I couldn't get through, because he read them himself and it just sounds like he's bored. Am I alone in this?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy He is one of the most terrible speakers I have ever seen. I think he enjoys writing much more than speaking. Because reading his stuff, it feels more private talk and real. 

Listening to him is very dull.