Flowerfaeiry

I got the Covid Vaccine!

57 posts in this topic

Ok so I was originally against it, said I would never, that its dangerous etc. But in the spirit of being open minded I said fuck it, I will. I work at a chain drugstore so I was able to get it early as they had extras.

It felt good to abandon my ideology surrounding the vaccine and just go for it. 

"You Create Magic" 

How does it feel?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Do you have a sudden, intense urge to buy Microsoft products?

Good for you though. I say that as someone who is pro-vaccine, but setting that aside, choosing to act in a way that goes against your ideology is difficult to do so I applaud you for it. 

Amazing that you have vaccine access at a drug store. In the U.S. we are months away from young people having access

@Leo Gura it feels fine. My arm isn't even sore. I just got it a few hours ago so we'll see going forward. 

@neutralempty the Pfizer one

@Forestluv im in the US. The drugstore will be doing injections when they start rolling out. They've been getting shipments over the past couple weeks and occasionally had an extra or two. Some of my coworkers got one as well. 

"You Create Magic" 

5 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

@Forestluv im in the US. The drugstore will be doing injections when they start rolling out. They've been getting shipments over the past couple weeks and occasionally had an extra or two. Some of my coworkers got one as well. 

Wow. I'm in Michigan and we are still vaccinating health care workers and people 65+. We rank 38th of the 50 states. :(

@Flowerfaeiry I got it too on Friday. The moderna version. The worst was the arm pain that was pretty intense the next morning (not the day of the vaccine) and for a couple days. Felt like a man punched me in the arm. Not kidding.

Otherwise, my floppy ears are coming in nicely ? 

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Wow. I'm in Michigan

There's your problem :P

12 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Some of my coworkers got one as well. 

Not sure if Pfizer is like Moderna, but they told us the entire vial (10 doses) must be used within 6 hours of uncapping the vial. They (the health dept) have ppl on a wait list at the health dept to fill in if ppl cancel there appt. 

9 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

We've barely scratched the surface of vaccinating health care workers and people 65+

I'm in Ohio, it may be happening faster then you realize. I'm in home health care and the health dept called our agency asking who would like a vaccine. I thought it would be awhile by the time they got to us. So, I was surprised. 

Sad thing was that out of 31 of us only 8 (including myself) were willing to get it. 

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

It just occurred to me how to rapidly deploy this vaccine. We just need to start a conspiracy theory that covid vaccine will grow your penis. We'll have half the country vaccinated within a month. Guys will be asking nurses for injections straight into their dick, :P

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

injections straight into their dick, :P

I'll do it just for this tbh. 

what magic we can do in 1 year.. a vaccine in 1 year? how amazing our technology has become 

Does this vaccine mean that the ones who are vaccinated won't get Covid-19 despite being in contact with an infected or ill person or source of virus? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I think it means they can still carry the virus, but their bodies now have the ability to deal with it that much better, hopefully to the point of not getting sick at all. That's my idea of it though, I don't know for sure. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Does this vaccine mean that the ones who are vaccinated won't get Covid-19 despite being in contact with an infected or ill person or source of virus? 

No it doesn’t make you immune to the virus,  you will still have to continue to wear a mask and social distance because you can still carry it.  It just lessens the symptoms.  I think the aim is that once most of the population has the vaccine, Covid will become something like common cold,  or maybe it just vanishes.  But this will take a while.

Edited by intotheblack

37 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

No it doesn’t make you immune to the virus,  you will still have to continue to wear a mask and social distance because you can still carry it.  It just lessens the symptoms.  I think the aim is that once most of the population has the vaccine, Covid will become something like common cold,  or maybe it just vanishes.  But this will take a while.

I see. Well at least it does that. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We just need to start a conspiracy theory that 5-MeO-DMT will grow your penis. We'll have half the country enlightened without a month. Guys will be asking nurses for injections straight into their dick, :P

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

covid vaccine will grow your penis.

wait what, I'll definitely be first in line when its available to the public

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein