StarStruck

Do most people care about their significant other?

8 posts in this topic

Do most people care about their significant other? (variation 1) Or do they care about what the other offers them? Like good company, sex, perhaps strengthening financial situation and other things? (variation 2)

I feel like for most people the second variation is the case (I could be wrong). They are together for the goodies and if they don't get theirs in the relationship, they divorce/separate and that is that.

The people who belong to the second variation, also tend to stay together for fear or necessity. Because of kids, financial situation or perhaps for the fear of not finding a better partner.

I always thought I couldn't get a gf because I was egoistic and didn't really care about the other, but that doesn't make sense. Fuckboys don't really care about their targets and they are slaying the most pussy left and right. Is it just about pushing the right buttons?

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Do most people care about their significant other? (variation 1) Or do they care about what the other offers them? Like good company, sex, perhaps strengthening financial situation and other things? (variation 2)

I feel like for most people the second variation is the case (I could be wrong). They are together for the goodies and if they don't get theirs in the relationship, they divorce/separate and that is that.

The people who belong to the second variation, also tend to stay together for fear or necessity. Because of kids, financial situation or perhaps for the fear of not finding a better partner.

Depends on how conscious the couple is.

The more conscious they are, the more likely they are to genuinely care.

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I always thought I couldn't get a gf because I was egoistic and didn't really care about the other, but that doesn't make sense. Fuckboys don't really care about their targets and they are slaying the most pussy left and right. Is it just about pushing the right buttons?

Technically you're right. You could be a toxic, egotistical fuckboy and still get a girlfriend. 

But if your only reason not to be toxic is to get a girlfriend, that's quite a toxic point of view.

19 minutes ago, aurum said:

Technically you're right. You could be a toxic, egotistical fuckboy and still get a girlfriend. 

But if your only reason not to be toxic is to get a girlfriend, that's quite a toxic point of view.

Ouch! I didn't see that. Thanks.

To be honest, I don't deny I'm needy/toxic. First I just want to be like the others (like fuckboys who have the ability to get random girls). My priority is to fit in society by having a regular dating life and not be miserable.

I don't deny I'm toxic but it will take too much energy to work on my toxicity and learning how to push the right buttons so girls will like me. It is a strategic decision. It will take too much energy to work on both things.

Besides that, most girls don't even want a healthy guy, they want a toxic guy anyway.  The girl I dated last year literally dumped me because "I couldn't keep her under my thumb". lol

In Tate we trust

7 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

To be honest, I don't deny I'm needy/toxic. First I just want to be like the others (like fuckboys who have the ability to get random girls). My priority is to fit in society by having a regular dating life and not be miserable.

I don't deny I'm toxic but it will take too much energy to work on my toxicity and learning how to push the right buttons so girls will like me. It is a strategic decision. It will take too much energy to work on both things.

Well as long as you know xD.

I'd recommend club promoter, bartender or photographer as a career choice.

Don't get herpes.

Unless they're both psychopaths/related, people who don't genuinely care for their significant other should all things considered be significantly offed out of the arrangement either forcefully with a dramatic ending to some unromantic but nonetheless still tragically beautiful story or strategically manoeuvred to a sewerage pipe so they know what it feels like to feel the emptiness of someones stomach on a literal (faeces, urine reference) level. Gotta keep things dramatic in your life actions otherwise you're a boring sod who probably has a genetic history of slavery; I hit the genetic lottery by comparison then? Life is still moving. In reality, its snake like, in films, its box office when the plot is well done, Spielberg elevate the psychopath please as we watch her big boobs slowly constricting some old rich sod or as some sociopathic cringe guy creeps out an 18 year old university freshmen in some horror as well as potentially / comedy flick with his cockroach can't swat this fly away like infestation into her life. Let me feel the pharaoh of mystique dance around me right now, create pyramids of death on all people without a spine on romance. Love your significant other as defiantly romantically as possible until they can't handle it anymore, which is why you must find an equal there, otherwise building pyramids for others to look at after their death is pointless. Life is your pyramid for us to observe, don't just be an NPC talking the lines of culture without any significant originality, I mean, look at you, what the fuck is a "fuck boy", why are fuck boys all created equal? Fuck boys are significantly different from one another, and they're entirely different from the actual men. Lose the labels, they don't have any significance beyond talking and humming the NPC to sleep and then waking the drone up ready for their factory work in the cultural shit show of mind numbing insignificance. Burn the world that man built and all that will remain is beautiful nature that man will then be forced to appreciate for all their false currencies, structures, beliefs and disownment of what is truly significant, like their significant other, will be destroyed.

Edited by Origins

Happy and lasting relationships are built by resolving the apparent discrepancy between the two options you have identified. They both are important and relationships cannot be satisfying unless they are satisfied. 

There is no "caring for the significant other" besides recognizing what they truly want and consciously deciding to provide it for them. Genuine love between partners come from the openness to experience the other person without inhibiting their expression and helping them to thrive. There is no thriving in any sense other than satisfying physical existence that places certain limitations, wants and needs upon our environment.

There are varying depth to "caring for the other", as we are all limited by our self-understanding. You cannot recognize the needs of others that you are not able to recognize within yourself first. The deeper you are able to connect with yourself, the better you can understand, and provide for the other. It begins with purely material needs, such as food, water, shelter, and proceeds towards more subtle ones, such as company, support, and higher to self-discovery and self-transcendence. It touches sex, emotions, money and all the various areas of life that you come in contact with.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

What is the value of self respect?

How fundamental is it as a lens of the whole of experience? 

What is the worth of one’s relationship in real time, alive & feeling, with our source?

What do you think people want? 

What do you actually want?

What do people actually want?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

21 hours ago, StarStruck said:

You can still care about someone whilst simultaneously breaking up with them.

Say for example, your sexual needs weren't being met in a relationship even after putting in the effort to sort it out - e.g. they just didn't want to have sex anymore but you did. You can still care about someone's wellbeing and life whilst no longer being satisfied in a relationship with them (as you also care about your own rship desires being met). 

I think if you're in love with someone, it's not a question of variation 1 or variation 2- because they are both involved. This is because romantic love isn't romantic unconditional love. Or else people would stay in a relationship regardless of how many times a person cheats or does other questionable things.

The popular notion of the love languages (including quality time, acts of service etc ) themselves involve caring about what the other person has to offer, since they are an act of love and about fulfilling your individual desires in a relationship. 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi