Scholar

Where is the conscious discussion in this section?

45 posts in this topic

I really get the impression that most of the political conversation here is basically on the same level as anywhere else. Instead of people having an exchange of ideas coming from a place of high consciousness, it is like people are just fighting each others dogmas. It's difficult to have high quality conversations if half the time we are discussing conspiracy theories, stage blue and orange takes on politics and in general just low consciousness babbling.

Instead of this being a place where anything pioneering is happening, this is a place where basically half the people are throwing around their garbage, and the other half are doing their best to clean up the garbage. Even Leo posts basically dysfunctional peoples youtube videos (Vaush and Hasan for example) that are 90% garbage and 10% okayish in terms of bringing people who are even more unconscious up the spiral.

Is this really the highest potential of a community which is trying to be conscious and self-actualize? I don't know, it feels barely different from Twitter. The only good takes I see come from some of the moderators.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar

I agree it gets dysfunctional at times. I would to see more examples of non-violent communication between people on here. Especially when it comes to these polarizing topics.

At the same time, you'll be hard pressed to find any community that doesn't suffer from the same problems at times.

We're not very good at relationships yet.

This pretty much sums it up.

Like Leo has said many times, we underestimate how low the percentage of people in SD 2nd Tier is. Though, for the nature of this website, I infere it can be higher than usual in this little tribe. But then again, don't think it's really that much higher than the % outside of this bubble. 

Let's remember though that in general, humanity's evolving as we speak, so don't lose hope lol. These type of phenomenon are just "normal". 

Not saying we just let it run as it is, let's call bs when bs is needed to be called out.

Edited by Nanana

9 hours ago, Scholar said:

I really get the impression that most of the political conversation here is basically on the same level as anywhere else. Instead of people having an exchange of ideas coming from a place of high consciousness, it is like people are just fighting each others dogmas. It's difficult to have high quality conversations if half the time we are discussing conspiracy theories, stage blue and orange takes on politics and in general just low consciousness babbling.

Instead of this being a place where anything pioneering is happening, this is a place where basically half the people are throwing around their garbage, and the other half are doing their best to clean up the garbage. Even Leo posts basically dysfunctional peoples youtube videos (Vaush and Hasan for example) that are 90% garbage and 10% okayish in terms of bringing people who are even more unconscious up the spiral.

Is this really the highest potential of a community which is trying to be conscious and self-actualize? I don't know, it feels barely different from Twitter. The only good takes I see come from some of the moderators.

In which sort of political dialogue would you like to engage? Do you have a topic in mind?

4 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

I think it is really important to emphasize on thought out posts and responds.

100% agree with this. 

I think with a forum like this, intellectual posturing and, "I'm so much more developed," types can make the conversation a little worse for wear. There is an incentive to be viewed as more developed, and with a lot of enlightenment topics people start discussing theory when they just don't have the direct experience to back it up.

For example, I can't really argue about Leo's brand of panentheistic idealism because I haven't confirmed it in my own direct experience. I honestly just cannot say one way or the other, but there are a lot of people who will argue such things endlessly despite having never actually confirmed it themselves. That doesn't lead to a meaningful conversation on the matter.

You can't really force people to be more conscious :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

15 hours ago, Scholar said:

Is this really the highest potential of a community which is trying to be conscious and self-actualize? I don't know, it feels barely different from Twitter.

Lol

Nice troll

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Maybe you could start the high consciousness conversation yourself? 

Who is stopping you? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Who is stopping you? 

There is not much incentive to do so, my experience is that people usually don't react to ideas that fall outside of the current political climate/mainstream discussion. It would be too much effort to contemplate it and engage with it. It is easier to just talk and engage with things that you are familiar with.

And of course it is demotivating to see people discussing on the level they are doing. Half the time we are discussing things that should be obvious to everyone, whether Trump is a devil or not and so forth. And that is what generates most engagement too. Sure I could contemplate a particular topic and then give my take on it, but if nobody engages because the conversation revolves around basically shitposts then the effort is just wasted. I would rather read a book.

And then you have Leo posting stuff like this:

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Nice troll

Literally Twitter level engagement. The vibe and culture in this section is very much reactionary rather than constructive.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Nice troll

Q.E.D.

Successfully proved OP's point ??‍♂️

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

8 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Who is stopping you? 

Very true actually. The original post in itself can be considered as not high consciousness. And so may even be contributing to the problem OP has stated in the first place. 

Become the change OP. If you're really not a troll. ??

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Nice troll

7 hours ago, Scholar said:

And then you have Leo posting stuff like this:

Literally Twitter level engagement. The vibe and culture in this section is very much reactionary rather than constructive.

Well Leo is still deeply stuck in ego. You have to accept him and love him where he is at.

ps : practicing my trolling skills

57 minutes ago, Brenzo2 said:

Very true actually. The original post in itself can be considered as not high consciousness. And so may even be contributing to the problem OP has stated in the first place. 

Become the change OP. If you're really not a troll. ??

By that logic, the very same applies to your post. Can you see how you are using this to dismiss my perspective, rather than integrating it or actually contending with it?

I do not have to be outside of the problem to point out the fact that there is a problem. And not every problem can be solved by simply "becoming the change you want to be". I tried to explain in the response to Preety_India.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar You see, your expectations for this place are misguided. This is an online social space, not an academic journal. People come here to socialize.

Chill out and don't take social spaces so seriously. They will never live up to your pedantic standards.

This is so obvious I shouldn't even have to say it. But apparently some folks here need it said.

And if you think this place is like Twitter, you haven't spent much time on Twitter.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Scholar You see, your expectations for this place are misguided. This is an online social space, not an academic journal. People come here to socialize.

Chill out and don't take social spaces so seriously. They will never live up to your pedantic standards.

This is so obvious I shouldn't even have to say it. But apparently some folks here need it said.

And if you think this place is like Twitter, you haven't spent much time on Twitter.

Okay Boss.

Glory to Israel

31 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Okay Boss.

What you'll discover is that even on a mountaintop monastery you will get a bunch of gossip and politics and such. Because that's how communities work.

Humans gonna hum ;) Roll with it. In the end, the buddha returns to the marketplace and drinks beer and laughs with the idiots. What else is there to do? Sit on a pedestal like a pretentious enlightened douche?

I'm not human... that's what Leo taught me.

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16