LfcCharlie4

Are you going to Invest in Crypto / Bitcoin?

28 posts in this topic

Just a thread based on the other thread regarding Crypto being a Get Rich Quick scheme (it isn't in my opinion) 

Are any of you guys invested in it / looking to invest in it? 

It's still early days for the market yet, and if successful, it could completely change a LOT. 

From what I've been told by those with a fair amount of skin in the game is this (and this is for investors not traders, which is very different) 

1) Dollar Cost Averaging- Set aside whatever you can afford every week & simply set it and forget, this way you aren't trying to time the market & can get on with your life. Also, for those who have spare cash along with this, buying in the 'dips' is always favorable, for example yesterday BTC & ETH were down 25%+.

2) RESEARCH- make sure to know what you're investing in, why is that coin expected to '10x in 2021', what is the long term view with Bitcoin etc 

3) Enjoy it! Learn about the technology behind Crypto & why it could be so revolutionary, in fact I'm VERY excited about Crypto in general and what it can bring. (There's a reason the finance / Banking industry hate crypto) 

So, if you are share why you invested, and if you're not, share why not. I think this could be a HUGE year for Crypto, but as with anything there's always a lot of risk so make sure to do your own research!! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Videos explaining the value of Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies- 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Sure

Got Ethereum when it was at $135

All the boomers saying that blockchain has "no value" and is "ungrounded" seriously need to be injected a good ol' revealing dose of DMT, lol

@SirVladimir !!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I'm trying to share resources! 

I mean it's decentralized Currency & stores of value, helping move away from the corruption we see in finance today, it's going to be decades before real adoption is seen but it's game changing. 

I've seen ETH predictions of $20k+ for this Bull Cycle, but who knows ay ;) 

Also, have you seen much on Cardano & Polkadot- I personally don't think they'll end up as direct competitors to ETH, and could work in Tandem! 

People always ridicule what they don't understand & what threatens them. Crypto fits both of those molds!

Be careful hyping this stuff up here. It could end up burning a lot of people.

Gambling, speculation, and riding crazes is not really in the spirit of our work here -- even if it manages to make you some money.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@LfcCharlie4

Haven't looked into Cardano or Polkadot, so I cannot really judge. Truth be told, most coins are just dead-ass tumbleweeds being blown by hype. There are occasional golden nuggets, perhaps. Bitcoin itself is definitely not going mainstream; the speed and transaction fees are enough themselves. It's like the grandfather of crypto. 

Edit: As Leo maturely states above, please, to anyone reading, be careful. This shouldn't feel like chasing a golden goose of some kind on the magical mystical fields of "I'll-be-rich".

Edited by SirVladimir

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful hyping this stuff up here. It could end up burning a lot of people.

Gambling, speculation, and riding crazes is not really in the spirit of our work here -- even if it manages to make you some money.

Yeah, I agree, this is not a get rich quick anything, I'm interested in how Bitcoin could change the financial world IF it succeeds, but as you say there's plenty that could go wrong!!

@SirVladimir Agree,. But, I'm in for the long-term, best way to get rich is to provide value as Leo made clear, build a business, then what you do with that excess money is up to you! 

Plus, those that 'get rich' trading Crypto are HUGELY skilled and spend all day, every day on the markets, it's certainly not make a trade and sip Martini's! 

Yes been around for the 2017 bull run which ended horribly, but I'm still here and have a decent-sized portfolio mainly in ETH & a small amount of BTC.

In my opinion, yes the technology is the future, but for now I think this specific market is heavily and easily manipulated. Maybe this will change with more regulations along the way but based on what we've seen in the past, there has been a repeated cycle of pumping & dumping. BTC goes to $1K! Drops 50%, BTC goes to $20k! drops to $3K, etc. etc. Same thing is most likely going to happen with this bull run. If we go to $100K like everyone predicts then we might even see a drop to $20K or $10K again. Not everyone is going to win, some people have to lose that's just how the game works. The big investors/traders are playing the short-term game to take everyone's money.

Over the long run, who knows yes it might even go to $500K, I'm not saying it won't. But in the short-term anyone who gets involved in the market should expect repeated cycles of what we saw in 2017, big pumps & dumps.

The crypto community is what I don't like. It's all fueled by hype. It doesn't matter how exciting the technology is, they hype it up like its a pyramid scheme. I got involved in a lot of crypto groups back in the day and I ended up getting burned. These days I do my best to make my own decisions and listen to only the best Youtube channels.

I don't mean to sound so pessimistic, just providing a truthful perspective. I buy crypto, can't wait to see what's in store for crypto in the future, hopefully ETH goes to $5K at least this bull run.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter Agree with you man. 

Volatility is definitely part of the game, hence why as we DCA into Crytpo, we need to find selling points you are comfortable with e.g. 10% if ETH hits 2k, 10% at 3k etc, just so you don't get fucked when the corrections come. 

As you say it's easy to get greedy and always think more, more, more and never want to sell at all, but even if say you invested $5k into ETH and the average you bought in at was $1k so you have 5 ETH and ETH does hit $5K you could sell 20% and recoup your original investment and then HODL to mitigate the risk of a flash crash. Then you also have $5k to invest in the dips if you believe in the long term project. 

But, yeah the volatility is extreme and hence we should have a strategy to Mitigate that at least somewhat. 

And, yeah a LOT of hypey YouTubers, the bigger the channel, tends to have more hype as that gets clicks etc. For example I've seen so many predictions like: 

228k BTC, 27K ETH, 50k+ ETH, 500k+ BTC 

Then for Alts- $5 ADA, $100 LINK, $100 DOT, so you gotta take it all with a pinch of salt. 

I'm more like you in that, let's break ETH All time high before thinking about a 20x from here :D

DCA in & somewhat of a DCA method out :) 

Also don't forget that the IRS now expect a cut of all your Bitcoin profits. So don't get yourself caught not paying tax. They are tracking you.

After this huge bull run IRS will be cracking down on all the cheaters.

The problem with BitCoin is that it attracts the lowest scum on the planet like flies on shit. That is the company you've chosen to keep.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yep, definitely something we need to remember.#

And, yep, sadly lots of scammers. But, also lots of great people you'll meet.

I left trading because I want to contribute and with consciousness increase it becomes difficult to live without contributing. The survival problems suck though. xD

Edited by captainamerica

@captainamerica I'm not a trader either, but you can still invest? 

Also, why don't you go back to trading if it was providing survival needs & can make you wealthy, then you have the freedom to pursue service without financial worries? 

Or even becoming a Conscious Trader:D & offering service that way? Just ideas

@LfcCharlie4 I have a working strategy, so I'll get more into trading in a year if the investments go well. It's soulless and it tests your mind's discipline, but that's simply where we are as a society. The idea of using the money to actualize my life purpose ASAP is amazing. I'll use it for ads, collabs... I don't wanna say that the end justifies the means, but in many ways, trading provides a freedom. I mean, what's the alternative? A 9-5 and chipping at my life purpose by night? Personally, life purpose is of the utmost importance. Because it creates the most love. And I love the idea of everyone bringing something to the table, something beautiful and noble, something that lifts up your fellow men. But ya know, perhaps I'm biased as fuck. Perhaps I should run off into the desert for 40 days and surrender myself to God. "Into thy hands I give myself."

Edited by SirVladimir

bitcoin is hard money, own some, don't sell ever and sleep well at night

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

@LfcCharlie4 I am considering investing some time in the future. Currently, my creative project, spiritual quest, and creating passive income resources if I go away to a hut or something in a remote area for a meditation retreat is taking all my time. Instead of the savings route, I was looking for the passive income route given my challenges which include the long term time investment required on the spiritual path.

Do you invest? How is it going?

Edited by captainamerica

I've been hearing some shit from my brother about Tether being criminally investigated for a while, I wonder if it's a ticking time bomb for crashing all crypto in general. At least a "temporary" crash anyway, since I think bitcoin can only rise in price in the long term since it's such a good technology? 

But I genuinely have no clue or any experience to predict. 

The overall impression I get though is that crypto is free money. But that might just be because I know people who've profited big. 

--

I really wish that all those years ago, I was more darkly curious kid who dared to use Tor and steal my mom's credit card to buy this unknown currency called bitcoin ?

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

@LfcCharlie4 I have a working strategy, so I'll get more into trading in a year if the investments go well. It's soulless and it tests your mind's discipline, but that's simply where we are as a society. The idea of using the money to actualize my life purpose ASAP is amazing. I'll use it for ads, collabs... I don't wanna say that the end justifies the means, but in many ways, trading provides a freedom. I mean, what's the alternative? A 9-5 and chipping at my life purpose by night? Personally, life purpose is of the utmost importance. Because it creates the most love. And I love the idea of everyone bringing something to the table, something beautiful and noble, something that lifts up your fellow men. But ya know, perhaps I'm biased as fuck. Perhaps I should run off into the desert for 40 days and surrender myself to God. "Into thy hands I give myself."

!!! 

I agree, I'm not sure why there's a hatred for traders on here, I get it with Wall Street corruption & what not, but yeah I don't blame you at all! 

@captainamerica  Yeah, I always recommend people build up income before investing, like if you only have a few K, much better spending that time building your business / side hustle / career & then investing the profits. Of course if you have a job, then just DCA what you can afford. 

Yeah I'm not into trading, Just DCA into everything. If you're from the UK I recommend the book 'How To Own The World' which outlines the 'slow' path to wealth through the markets! 

@lmfao Lol, yeah we all wish we invested 5 years ago :D Still early tho...

And regarding Tether- 

@LfcCharlie4 Btw sent you a PM. Just makin' sure it arrives and rings the bell on your end. 9_9