Hero in progress

Vegans are Sexy as Fuck!

32 posts in this topic

This post is spreading positivity and encouragement to all my fellow Vegans xxxx

Hi my name's Callum, 

If I could change my profile name I would, I would just have it as my birth name instead of hero in progress. I actually chose that as my profile name years ago, it was related to Leos video about the hero's journey and at the time I was contemplating and pursuing Enlightenment.

Anyway, 

I just wanna say to all my fellow Vegan brothers & sisters that you are truly inspirational to me. Truly! 

You guys give me the motivation to keep going. Tbh I've been quite down over the last few months, feeling kind of hopeless about veganism because animals and the things that come out of them are the staples of the human diet. Obviously. 

Tbh for a while I was getting pretty hateful at the world. 

I've got a little story 

A few months back I was out on a run on one my local trails early in the morning, as I was coming up to a crossing near a sheep field I stopped for some reason. I looked over across from me and saw an adult sheep struggling, I walked over slowly as not to spook the sheep. 

As I got closer I could see it had its head trapped in a gap in the fence. Struggling frantically the sheep couldn't pull it's self free. 

So I calmly approached and pulled the wire in the fence up to create more space. It managed to free its head and went on its way. After that I had this wonderful feeling inside me, almost like my life did matter and had purpose.

How amazing is that? 

Anyway 

Keep going family, love you all xxx

Btw there are tons and tons of people that inspire me and I looked up to, most of them are not Vegan. 

Love to all the non vegan people out there too. 

Edited by Hero in progress

If you mean that literally then yeah, vegan girls are very attractive to me. Something about being more compassionate or being more health-conscious or even them wanting to make a positive difference in the world. I hear they taste better also, that's always a plus ;) 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

@LordFall

Hey dude that taste comment is vile, cut it out. 

Lol all jokes aside, thanks for commenting and Sharing your perspective on vegan girls :)

@Hero in progress start a journal bro, this sort of content would be better suited there. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Hero in progress

6 minutes ago, Hero in progress said:

@Michael569

You would say that wouldn't you Michael.

That's because you post in an informal and organic style so far, and usually in this sub forum there's a higher standard of posting, because we're mainly discussing topics like health, nutrition, diet, overcoming physiological and health issues, which because of how it really effects our bodies, we'd like to communicate in a way that reflects how careful we are to give advice, whether supported by medical/scientific research or is just an opinion. When talking about these issues, it's important that we communicate our information in a way that is not childish because if we have advice that can harm more than hurt, it really does effect the body, positively or negatively.

In an immature, unpractical, idealistic, unscientific, emotional and attention grabbing framing, discussions about Veganism turn more immature than mature discussions about veganism, yet the original poster might not intend that his/her communication be perceived this way, which is why the moderator suggests this is better under the journaling section.  It's more difficult to have beneficial feedback and corrections under such immature, organic, and informal framing. 

Most posts in this sub-forum are written within a mature, practical, pragmatic, realistic, scientific and medical frame of mind. Under such framing, we can have serious discussions about health, nutrition and overcoming health issues, and have faster feedback on if any user's advice is harmful or helpful. This is especially important when discussing alternative medicine/related fields not as supported as traditional health/medicinal approaches.

This post is not for the purpose of what what my man above said. He may use a lot big words and try to discredit the overall message of this post. But ill say it one more time and then im out.  You are a fucking inspiration! dont let these cold fucks make you feel like you are not right to spread veganism as much as you can. It aint about your health, it is practical and it is the future. 

KEEP GOING

8 hours ago, Hero in progress said:

ont let these cold fucks make you feel like you are not right to spread veganism as much as you can

Be very careful, you are now borderlining with religious crusading. Nobody is preventing you to talk about veganism, in fact, probably at least 20% of health topics discuss one topic of veganism or another. What you are not allowed is aggressive dogmatism and intolerance. This is what @Danioover9000 was trying to tell you. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

25 minutes ago, datamonster said:

Is it ok to eat a human if they died of natural causes? Why or why don't you draw a line?

Good argument, haven't thought about that one .

Ultimately you could, but we are selfish and  extremely biased towards our own species. Cannibalism has been practiced throughout all of history, specially during famines and wars. 

Definately I  wouldn't do it if there is plenty of other food to choose from.  It would feel wrong, bring up emotions and there is extreme social pressure against cannibalism. And I don't think any other healthy human being would commit cannibalism if he had other food to choose from.

Slaying and torturing animals just to eat them would feel wrong to any non-sociopathic people who are ACTUALLY INVOLVED in the process by being there, seeing it and experiencing it .

But when you are disconected from how the sausage is made, when you have it that cheap and that convenient, when you have been raised in an environment where animal meat has been eaten for your whole life , then it's way easier to put no thought into the whole process.

The animal meat industry is definately cruel, low consciousness, extremely profit oriented and borderline inhumane.

But it's also true that there is a market demand for it , that humans have been eating  animal meat for their entire history, and that feelings / morality  aside, it is nutritious and delicious.

It's also true that by you yourself abstaining yourself from animal products and not supporting the slaughter industry, you will not make the rest of life forms stop eating eachother. Definately not in your lifetime .

What I mean is that, If humans don't eat the already dead animal, then scavanger animals will, or works, and bacteria and fungi.

What I envision as a sustainable animal industry in the very far future would be huge farms that let the animals live their ENTIRE LIFE in optimal conditions, and later it's okay to be eaten since death is an inevitable part of life.

If they weren't eaten by humans, they would be eaten by other animals, worms,  fungi, etc.

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

1 hour ago, neutralempty said:

Michael, you tie the dogma rope too tight.

Look, this isn't about veganism. Not at all. I have absolutely no personal conflict with veganism, as someone who lived it for 4 years and still is 95% doing the plant-based diet. This is about being blind to one's devilry and hatred of those who do not agree (infidels, or to use OP's language "cold fucks). This is how you create flame wars and endless debating that discourages many people from even considering that person's message. 

I was also referring initially to the fact that this seemed to me more like a journal post which OP clearly saw as personal attack 

25 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

Why did you stop being vegan?

It became a religion for me and I became extremely judgemental and hateful. I would argue with my family if there was dairy in meals, whenever we travelled remaining vegan was very difficult for example in Italy I ended up living on tomato pasta and pizza with tomato sauce and peppers. Sometimes it is just not an option. Nowadays I'll add about 2 eggs per week and an occasional small fish (probably around once a week) and energy-wise and overall life-satisfaction wise that works much better for me. 

25 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

Hmn, I don't know Michael. I guess it's still way better than an average omni diet.

It's ok, I don't expect you to approve :) 

26 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

always made sure beforehand, where we go to eat, it has to be a guaranteed to have vegan options or I don't go, no matter what

I don't know much of the world you have travelled but in certain countries this is not an option no matter how hard you look 

@Michael569

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

Nowadays I'll add about 2 eggs per week and an occasional small fish (probably around once a week) 

Why don't you eat eggs or fish every day? 

Because don't we need to refuel with choline & EPA/DHA every day to be optimal?

I currently eat tinned sardines every day as it's cheap & i'm getting my EPA/DHA

Hm. I rarely find people that do veganism properly.

I assume its quite difficult to do so, especially if you have an ethical component in it and do not rely on overseas exotic plants. I am quite interested if it is possible to pull it off on local plants and not get nutrient deficient.

Above 80% of vegans I personally have seen look malnourished and borderline sick. Usually something is wrong with their skin, hair, eyes, teeth, bone to muscle structure, cant really put my finger on it.

I guess this is the effect of cutting off animal products and spontaneously replacing them with any plant products they happen to like in order to get filled without doing much if any research.

But some are sexy, yea xD. I don't think it has much to do with veganism though. They just happened to workout a lot, eat properly, do their research, have good body structure, genetic, look pretty and all.

On 12-1-2021 at 1:30 AM, LordFall said:

If you mean that literally then yeah, vegan girls are very attractive to me. Something about being more compassionate or being more health-conscious or even them wanting to make a positive difference in the world. I hear they taste better also, that's always a plus ;) 

Under nourished teen age girls can be sexy but when they hit their 30'ies it is a different story. Personally I like them healthy.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust