deso

How can I enjoy life again? Everything feels pointless

29 posts in this topic

Hey,

I‘m stuck pretty bad. Nothing interests me anymore. I feel that I want to do something, but no matter what I do I feel like shit.

I did a lot of spiritual work over the past couple of years. Two years ago I had a little awakening that turned things upside down a bit. Everything became empty and meaningless ever since then. All the interests that I had just dropped away in the blink of an eye. I had to go vegan, stay away from sugar and alcohol, because my body rejects it ever since then (like literally). Plainly, it changed a bunch of things and I sense the tricks and flicks of the ego all the time. It feels like I‘ve seen through the illusion, but am still operating from there even though I know it‘s bs.

My problem is, I feel deeply depressed, I don‘t enjoy anything anymore and life feels like a burden. Even writing this is draining me.

I need to work through this now, because otherwise this will take me out. I can‘t bear this shit any longer.

Thank you for reading, I badly need advice.

Do shamanic breathing some times,

Fix your health: diet, exercise and sleep

Life purpose work. 

Do these things and if nothing changes ask again. I went through this before and it took me many years to just work on the above. It really helps. 

It's not uncommon for people to have a conceptual awakening, where they understand that reality is not what most people think. This realization frequently leads to solipsism, a lack of purpose, and a sense of futility.

Go deeper. You still need to awaken spiritually. You have understood what "you" are not, but you have not yet directly realized what You are. Relative reality is not purposeless. There is still love, happiness, and peace in lucid living. Consciousness created all of this for a reason. It puts parts of itself to sleep, because this is the only way for anything to be created, experienced, or enjoyed. When you recognize who You are, and that You are already infinitely abundant, you no longer need to suffer. You can celebrate the transience of life, understanding and taking peace in the realization that nothing that is ultimately real can be threatened.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 hours ago, deso said:

My problem is, I feel deeply depressed, I don‘t enjoy anything anymore and life feels like a burden. Even writing this is draining me.

I need to work through this now, because otherwise this will take me out. I can‘t bear this shit any longer.

First, ((hugs))

Second, If someone's house is burning you could tell them that their relative reality is just a story, but that won't help them at that moment, even if its the truth. They need a pail of water! Another words, they need to take action.

Third, once one's fire is out and their relative reality is calm and peaceful again, then they can entertain the possibility that its all a story and that the underlying truth is that the screen is absolute and the movie upon the screen is just an appearance. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

12 hours ago, deso said:

Hey,

I‘m stuck pretty bad. Nothing interests me anymore. I feel that I want to do something, but no matter what I do I feel like shit.

I did a lot of spiritual work over the past couple of years. Two years ago I had a little awakening that turned things upside down a bit. Everything became empty and meaningless ever since then. All the interests that I had just dropped away in the blink of an eye. I had to go vegan, stay away from sugar and alcohol, because my body rejects it ever since then (like literally). Plainly, it changed a bunch of things and I sense the tricks and flicks of the ego all the time. It feels like I‘ve seen through the illusion, but am still operating from there even though I know it‘s bs.

12 hours ago, deso said:

Hey,

Go for enlightenment!  Become interested in the quality of being itself. Go deeper. 

If you want a good map to follow, you fan check out Bentinho's free online enlightenment retreat it's very powerful. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

you have such a narcissistic sense of boredom. get over your false self, you are a child of joy and wonder.

Stay cool & dry.

@deso  You have realized truth but not love. You are missing the embracement of all reality. You have realized what is but you do not love what is. You have come to a very big insight about the illusion and pointless of reality, however your are still trying to change what is. You understand truth but you want to change it, with this you are creating a resistance. Other type of resistance are not as painfull as the resistance of truth. That is why you feel like that because you are resisting what cannot be resisted. You are trying to block the eternal flow of universal isness that you have discovered. This what is causing so much suffering in you. Only by Pure and Inconditional Love and Compassion to all Reality and Truth the ultimate realization can be attained. You are very close beautiful soul. It is in this times where the essence is understood. When the grape is crashed to make the best wine. When carbon is at an insane preassure and hotness is when diamonds are formed. See this as the great opportunity you were searching all your life. This is the Universe way, like water boils at 100 degres, there is no why, It is what It is. So be willing to jump to the abyss, It's scary because it's in fact the last thing you want to do, you even prefer staying like this than jumping, but it's the next step beautiful soul. It's the infinite abyss there is no ground that can stop you, it's the groundless ground. Don't think, have faith and jump, the Universe will take great care of you.

All my blessings and courage, just do it

To amass a multitude of profound texts Such as scriptures, commentaries and oral instructions, Without practicing them, will be of no benefit at the time of death. ‘To watch your mind’ is my heart advice. (My Heart Advice ~Longchenpa)

@deso I was going through something similar to what you describing.  Still am to some extent. I am making an assumption that you do not have a life purpose yet and the best advice I can give you is forget all that crap about absolute, spirituality and what not and do what you gotta do - get your life together. Whatever that means to you. Why the hurry to awaken? You got all the time in the world to sit under a fucking tree in bliss but that's obviously not what you want. Do what you want to do.

If your life isn't in the right order it's gonna be extremely difficult pursuing awakening or anything in that matter. Leo said something similar to this(can't remember the video nor the exact quoting) but the idea is the same. I didn't listen. Learned it the hard way.

Edited by karkaore

1 hour ago, karkaore said:

@deso I was going through something similar to what you describing.  Still am to some extent. I am making an assumption that you do not have a life purpose yet and the best advice I can give you is forget all that crap about absolute, spirituality and what not and do what you gotta do - get your life together. Whatever that means to you. Why the hurry to awaken? You got all the time in the world to sit under a fucking tree in bliss but that's obviously not what you want. Do what you want to do.

If your life isn't in the right order it's gonna be extremely difficult pursuing awakening or anything in that matter. Leo said something similar to this(can't remember the video nor the exact quoting) but the idea is the same. I didn't listen. Learned it the hard way.

For a long time I thought enlightenment would be the only thing that I wanted. Especially since this awakening that I had. Nothing made sense anymore. I foolishly tried to glue together the glass that just got shattered.

I failed miserably in bringing life to that which I‘ve seen. I‘ve neglected what my heart was yelling beneath mist of futility. I continued entertaining my head while not making a move towards what felt good/right. I tried to understand shit well off my current stage of development without even getting the fundamentals right. And if some of those fundamentals of life aren’t in order enlightenment simply isn’t possible.

I get all that. But I don’t get how to get out of this state that I’m in. Because no matter what I do I feel horrible. I’m not interested in anything anymore. I feel the urge to do something, but nothing excites me, nothing really resonates or gives me the feeling of ‘yeah, I would really like to do that’. I tried out a lot of stuff, but everything is just draining the life out of me even more.

Stupid question, but how can I build the life of my dreams if there’s literally no resonance at all?

Exercise. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 12.1.2021 at 0:02 AM, Moksha said:

It's not uncommon for people to have a conceptual awakening, where they understand that reality is not what most people think. This realization frequently leads to solipsism, a lack of purpose, and a sense of futility.

Go deeper. You still need to awaken spiritually. You have understood what "you" are not, but you have not yet directly realized what You are. Relative reality is not purposeless. There is still love, happiness, and peace in lucid living. Consciousness created all of this for a reason. It puts parts of itself to sleep, because this is the only way for anything to be created, experienced, or enjoyed. When you recognize who You are, and that You are already infinitely abundant, you no longer need to suffer. You can celebrate the transience of life, understanding and taking peace in the realization that nothing that is ultimately real can be threatened.

@Moksha but how do I continue? How do I gain enjoyment in ‘relative reality’ again? Because right now no matter what I do I feel like running on the spot. It’s exhausting as hell.

I’m 23, I’d like to build my dream life, but nothing comes to mind. Nothing resonates, nothing gives me even the slightest enjoyment anymore.

@deso Exercise. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

16 minutes ago, integral said:

@deso Exercise. 

@integral what exactly do you mean? Physical workout? 

I’ve tried that aswell, I even went swimming twice a week with a friend, but It couldn’t drag me out of this condition.

@deso Thats no where near enough, 2-3 hours a day minimum. Of everything. Heavy weights, Cardio. All of it. 

Edited by integral

I feel like breathing exercises help a lot. Recently Ive been feeling drained too; however just running (for me) and simply being mindful of breath I was able to come up with ideas again (which is a sign of well-being for me).

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

5 minutes ago, Megan Alecia said:

I feel like breathing exercises help a lot. Recently Ive been feeling drained too; however just running (for me) and simply being mindful of breath I was able to come up with ideas again (which is a sign of well-being for me).

Yeah, I feel like breathing does a lot. A friend recently challenged me to the ‘Wim Hof breathing method’ and cold showers every two days. Let’s see how this goes.

Who feels like shit?

Be the watcher of those feelings and emotions. Stop identifying as them.

Just watch ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@deso How regularly and how long do you meditate for?

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:02 PM, Moksha said:

??