StarStruck

Best strategy books?

13 posts in this topic

I'm fascinated about strategy. It brought orderliness in my life. Love to binge on some good strategy books. Ps: already read all the strategy related books on the book list.

In Tate we trust

Is this thread in the wrong section?

In Tate we trust

Your question is too vague. You want strategy for what? Business, Life, Career, Relationships or Learning?

If you want some life principles, you can check out 36 Stratagems.

If you want business strategies, check out Toyota principle (The Toyota Way), first principle etc.

If you want relationship strategies, check out The 5 love languages.

Edited by hyruga

5 hours ago, hyruga said:

Your question is too vague. You want strategy for what? Business, Life, Career, Relationships or Learning?

If you want some life principles, you can check out 36 Stratagems.

If you want business strategies, check out Toyota principle (The Toyota Way), first principle etc.

If you want relationship strategies, check out The 5 love languages.

In the topic of learning pls.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck Robert Greene is an author you will like, especially if you are interested in history as well.

The 48 Laws of Power

The 33 Strategies of War

@Logan I agree with you. Seems like you are into Robert Greene, like me. Did you read the "laws of human nature"? It's a masterpiece.

On 08/03/2021 at 4:00 PM, Pericles said:

@Logan I agree with you. Seems like you are into Robert Greene, like me. Did you read the "laws of human nature"? It's a masterpiece.

Is that book about strategy?

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck Strategy is such a vague term. What exactly do you mean by strategy? Business strategy, dating strategy, marketing strategy? A book about nutrition could be a strategy book, if you want to figure out how to eat better.

If by strategy you mean understanding (in general terms) people's state of mind and motivations, then yes, it's a strategy book.

Edited by Logan

17 minutes ago, Logan said:

@StarStruck Strategy is such a vague term. What exactly do you mean by strategy? Business strategy, dating strategy, marketing strategy? A book about nutrition could be a strategy book, if you want to figure out how to eat better.

If by strategy you mean understanding (in general terms) people's state of mind and motivations, then yes, it's a strategy book.

Strategy used by companies can be used by dating too. Also company use strategy of Sun Tzu that was a general. 

I'm talking about the theory of strategy which can be applied to many aspects of life. 

Laws of Human nature is not about strategy. If you call that strategy you can call everything strategy because with almost everything strategy is involved.  

In Tate we trust

For learning, read Unlimited memory by Kevin Horsley.

It talks about how to improve your memory with methods such as Memory Palace.

Edited by hyruga

I've found "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself" to really click with the scientific part of me because it explains how the brain works, how it forms habits, and how to reprogram it to create new habits.  It's more about working to fix the dream to make it a happy one versus waking up from the dream though... it's like an in depth explanation of the law of attraction... for waking up from the dream I found this article I came across resonated well with me.

https://www.thetruthaboutenlightenment.org/unresolved-negative-emotions-2/karma-part-1/

Edited by sholomar

I've asked this question too in the forum, but nobody answered. But I'll answer you the most I can.... with my limited knowledge haha.

Read a book from Cynthia montgamery. The Strategist: Be the Leader Your Business Needs. I've not read this book. I don't know much about her. I was just recommended by a historian who majors in the study of nations and its foundation about this woman who talks about strategy a lot. He studies much about military strategy, (A LOT) so I recommend reading this woman's book. She's a harvard graduate economist and got a baccelor degree in philosophy. 

Cynthia montgamery 

a little more specific about her ideas

really really specific about her ideas

Or read Sun Tzu's Art of War. I know the translated versions are tremendously limited but what are you gonna do? You gotta understand.... the greatest chinese Warlords and kings and emperors studied this book to the T, and they all put their own interpretation on it... Don't underestimate this book. One of the greatest warlords of China, Cao Cao, loved this book and talked about this book countlessly. He was arguabally one of the greatest schemers, strategists, politician, crude leader the world has ever seen but one of the greatest leaders one could ever emulate because he wasn't only cruel, but was a great economist and entrepreneur. Funny, Cao Cao is portrayed in chinese shows, japanese games, books, novels everywhere in Asia. Basically, if you ask Korea, Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, Thailand, Vietnamese person if they know who Cao Cao is, they will answer yes. (about at least 60% will answer they know who he is) 

Or just read many science books or mathematics or computer programming. (But I don't recommend studying this in a shallow way) 

Recently, I've found out Steve Jobs followed a business advisor named "Joseph Juran". He lays out many strategies to make a business flourish. I'm reading his book about leadership and it's been very interesting! 

See how Jobs talks about this guy. 

see that although Joseph Juran doesn't talk about strategy as a concept, but just lays out what strategies business must undertake to succeed, nontheless I recommend studying him and find out what it takes for a person to lay out great strategy. Obviously, Steve Jobs was a great strategist especially after his firing from Apple, so I don't think listening to Joseph Juran is a downside at all. 

All in all, what better is there than to actually see a master strategist at work? Do you have such a person near you? no? Then, watch a video about them doing their work. There are no documentations? Then, go read a book about their work. No? Then just give up man. lol, but I don't think you'll do that. Good luck .

Edited by charlie cho