SamC

Sadgurhu on Ayauasca - can it give an intense spiritual experience?

16 posts in this topic

I haven't watched it yet, but it will be interesting to hear his thoughts on it.

Here is the vid.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

I wonder what @Leo Gura thoughts on this are?

@SamC

I find Sadgurhu ignorant on a lot of subjects. This is one of them.

Yes, Ayahuasca isn't the end all. But he dismisses it as if it's just a waste of time, minus maybe some digestive cleansing and emotional relief.

Tell that to the thousands or maybe even millions of people's lives who have changed from taking aya. Tell that to the people who have cured their cancer. Tell that to the tribes and shamans that have been using aya since their inception to heal people and connect with Spirit.

If psychedelics aren't your path, fine. And certainly being able to achieve non-dual awareness while sober is critical. But I find his position lacking.

12 minutes ago, aurum said:

@SamC

I find Sadgurhu ignorant on a lot of subjects. This is one of them.

Yes, Ayahuasca isn't the end all. But he dismisses it as if it's just a waste of time, minus maybe some digestive cleansing and emotional relief.

Tell that to the thousands or maybe even millions of people's lives who have changed from taking aya. Tell that to the people who have cured their cancer. Tell that to the tribes and shamans that have been using aya since their inception to heal people and connect with Spirit.

If psychedelics aren't your path, fine. And certainly being able to achieve non-dual awareness while sober is critical. But I find his position lacking.

Might be the case. I have no idea whatsoever

It's the same question asked here so many times before. I was in doubt many times, because some people like Sadhguru say that psychedelics fuck with your energy system. In a sense that's true - so does intense meditation though. It's gonna be tough at times either way. No retreat will be IT. No trip will be IT. Neither will daily meditation be IT. I think all of them are tools, every meditation, every trip, every retreat etc is purifying one's system, sharpening one's mind, raising one's consciousness. They all can contribute, but also they all can possibly be misused or become irrelevant. 

Stop taking psychedelic advice from people who've not done them at least 20+ times. Waste of time. 

All these teachers preach direct experience, yet fall into this trap themselves. 

Edited by fridjonk

People on this forum don't need to ask Sadhguru about psychedelics. We know better than him on this matter.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

People on this forum don't need to ask Sadhguru about psychedelics. We know better than him on this matter.

Then tell me what is psychedelic. What does it do? 

Sadhguru sayed consciousness can not be attained through chemicals. But chemicals can be used to purge the system to assist the spiritual process. Also the use of these substances can lead to debilitation, addiction and other negative consiquences.

The science of enlightenment is a complex one. If we stay genuine, we will understand that we don't understand anything at all on this subject.

I know there are gaps and further questions to be asked here on this subject. But for some reason sadhguru is discouraging people from using such substances and it's not out of ignorance. Obviously it's coming out of enourmous understanding of life and machanics of enlightenment. No one here could argue with that.

Let's rather stay open and try to deepen our understanding rather then making premature conclusions and stopping ourselves from further growing.

Stay Blessed & take care :)?

Edited by Salvijus

It's a bad look when you're making statements about a potentially revolutionary healing technology when you clearly don't understand what you're talking about

Sadhguru is my favorite guru. He is such a sweet loving man and full of wisdom about life. But you are not going to be " a million fold of ayahuasca" by simply closing your eyes and quieting your mind lol. Maybe in 20 years of sitting for 3 hours a day, maybe... One breakthrough ayahuasca trip will literally last for a lifetime and induce a spiritual awakening / enlightenment. 

I think it's important to notice the culture of his major audience which affects him and the way he teaches.

I believe he's open-minded enough to acknowledge the pontential of psychedelics, but at the position he's at, I really think he could not be open with his true opinions, because that would possibly contradict with some aspects of his teachings. 

Psychedelics just aren't part of his way to guide people. 

Edited by Snader