Vision

Are Stocks and Real Estate Development High Consciousness?

41 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You got everything backwards.

Good luck with that.

He is partially right. In a capitalistic system, you must have some capital to make a dent in the system. 

If he wants to mow lawns, he needs to own expensive equipment (lawnmower as capital) since he can't mow lawns with his scissors or bare hands. 

5 hours ago, Rinne said:

Leo we need money. Before that i cant create. Stocks and real estate are two top vehicles to getting that. i dont see the issue much as along as one uses as a means to an end. Im getting into stocks soon. Im getting the training not to just fumble around. 

What are your thoughts?

Real estate requires more starting capital than starting a small business that you're passionate about. Even if you borrow part of the money.

@Michal__ Exactly, and the average return on Stocks is around 7-8% after inflation. It is not going to make you rich unless you pick the next Tesla (or Bitcoin ;)) which let's be real, is unlikely. 

Stocks / Crytpo / Precious Metals are long-term investments that shouldn't take up too much of your mind space unless you're day trading or actually working in the space in some form. 

Best way to build wealth is starting a business / career & THEN thinking about investing imo. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@datamonster Agree with this, but I don't think Stocks / Real Estate are the way to generate that money as you need Capital to play both those games effectively. 

Imo, either a 9-5 or an Online Business is the way to go to grow capital when just starting out. 

To be honest, I think Investments are most effective simply regularly investing in your portfolio over decades & letting the magic of compound interest work over time. 

The younger you are, the more risk you can take (Crypto, Small Cap, Futuristic Funds etc) but we should all have a solid base I feel. 

Think of it like this you invest $100k and only make 10% that's still only $10,000. 

But start with $10k and invest $15k per year for 40 years at 10% and then well, it's a very different story.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

7 hours ago, datamonster said:

Good luck building your LP without any resources. Didn't you yourself say that in the LP video? 

You also worked a regular job that was not your ultimate LP for some time, didn't you?

And the money you earned from it did help you start your own business later, didn't it?

There are plenty of examples where this is not the case. An example would be a guy with the name john st julien. Basically, he was a drug-addicted junkie who founded one of the largest ngos in africa without hardly a cent, just with a camera, and provides for thousands of people and animals.

Edited by Aurelius

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You got everything backwards.

Good luck with that.

Your sort of right ill be honest. But in a way money only means freedom. Not having it is not having the freedom to do what i need to do. Im basically going to be trying to do something you did similar when you saw that if you didnt achieve financial freedom from SEO (i think it was) that actualized.org would have never happen. Would you slightly agree or not really?

12 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

He is partially right. In a capitalistic system, you must have some capital to make a dent in the system. 

If he wants to mow lawns, he needs to own expensive equipment (lawnmower as capital) since he can't mow lawns with his scissors or bare hands. 

Which is why you save up money and start businesses that require little capital to begin with.

12 hours ago, datamonster said:

Good luck building your LP without any resources. Didn't you yourself say that in the LP video? 

You also worked a regular job that was not your ultimate LP for some time, didn't you?

And the money you earned from it did help you start your own business later, didn't it?

Of course. Small businesses must be bootstrapped.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Rinne said:

Not having it is not having the freedom to do what i need to do. Im basically going to be trying to do something you did similar when you saw that if you didnt achieve financial freedom from SEO (i think it was) that actualized.org would have never happen. Would you slightly agree or not really?

I very strategically bootstrapped my businesses. I didn't sit around whining about how I don't have enough money. I created businesses that required very little capital.

I don't think investing has to be something which interferers with creating. It really doesn't take much time to read a few books on it to start investing in the stock market. You can probably even just watch a few youtube videos and read up on what index funds and bonds to get. Real estate is much more involved. Stocks are meant to be passive income and put your money to worth rather than having it just sit around as cash. It's basically necessary if one wants to maintain a middle class lifestyle in this day and age not living from paycheck to paycheck. 

@Leo Gura

What is wrong with real estate? If you have the money for it, it can be quite nice and bring you a lot of money. If you do it properly there is, there is risk involved with it.

Not all business requires pure creation. Take a restaurant business for example. People can make a decent earning from it, yeah you will not be rich but if it goes well you can live quite decently. You need knowledge of how to run and maintain business but no real creation.

Creation is a smaller part of business, it is not the WHOLE of business. I doubt all businesses that do well create and innovate all the time.

So all of the businesses you ever made you were a creator? For all of them?

If i am wrong correct me of course.

@Karmadhi Life is creation.

If your business is not innovating, then it is in a slow death spiral as it gets replaced by businesses who are creating and innovating.

@Leo Gura

Is real estate development creatively expressive? You're basically building houses like it's Lego right? 

22 minutes ago, Vision said:

@Leo Gura

Is real estate development creatively expressive? You're basically building houses like it's Lego right? 

Not if all you're doing is resale.

13 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I don't think investing has to be something which interferers with creating. It really doesn't take much time to read a few books on it to start investing in the stock market. You can probably even just watch a few youtube videos and read up on what index funds and bonds to get. Real estate is much more involved. Stocks are meant to be passive income and put your money to worth rather than having it just sit around as cash. It's basically necessary if one wants to maintain a middle class lifestyle in this day and age not living from paycheck to paycheck. 

This +1000, as an 'average' investor you can learn the fundamentals through a weekend of reading & researching, it still baffles me the majority know literally nothing about investing.

@Karmadhi All great restaurants are creators, they are literally creating meals & environments their customers enjoy, and if they enjoy it enough & have a great time they'll come back. Same as any hospitality business. The best are always creating reasons for people to visit them over the competition. 

For example, if a Bar / Club creates a night full of the best local DJs, whereas the competition just has the same recycled songs playing every week, what one are you going to go to that night with your friends? 

The most successful businesses are always the forward thinking ones as Leo said! 

For example, with Covid, lots of clubs will go under. The smart investors will know there's going to be a HUGE demand for partying and clubbing amongst young people and will create this opportunity for them & reap the rewards as a result. 

@Vision If you're literally redesigning & rebuilding the house, of course it is. 

If you're creating a better place for people to live & enjoy their rental, then I'd also say it is, same with service accommodation, it's similar to hospitality in that regard. 

But, of course, it isn't always!

On 1/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, Leo Gura said:

I very strategically bootstrapped my businesses. I didn't sit around whining about how I don't have enough money. I created businesses that required very little capital.

o ok i c. thanks for ur input. would u recommend any business niches one can get into with little start up money? not something that you have to be passionate about but just to make some money and get some business experience in the process. i have some amount of money saved up and i have a opportunity to do this 5k business course a friend of mine is going to share with me

9 hours ago, Rinne said:

would u recommend any business niches one can get into with little start up money?

It's your responsibility to do research until you find current lucrative niches.

The niches I used 10 years ago will no longer apply today. Markets are always evolving. You have to be on the cutting edge of things. You can't just blindly follow what everyone else is doing.

There are always new niches opening up, so don't lose hope.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:51 AM, Rinne said:

o ok i c. thanks for ur input. would u recommend any business niches one can get into with little start up money? not something that you have to be passionate about but just to make some money and get some business experience in the process. i have some amount of money saved up and i have a opportunity to do this 5k business course a friend of mine is going to share with me

Any consulting/service-based business

This model allows to charge 2k-5k-10k and more per project/consulting program

There are 10000s of opportunities and 10000s of VIABLE niches/services that you can go with in this model. Design, Branding, Sales consulting, Marketing Consulting, Weight loss consulting, Breakup consulting, Dating consulting, programming, copywriting, photography, videomaking, videoediting, photo retouch, software consulting, software setup, teaching people various skills, teaching people SAT (lol.) to name a few. With all these and 10000s more you can charge good money for your services.

And there are 10000s audience niches that you can find applications to these skills. Some will make you very unique, sought-after and valuable. For a example you can decide to teach English, but do it for old ladies only. Bam, you have a niche with almost 0 competition in it and you'll be able to build very efficient systems/marketing messaging for this particular audience and by doing that you'll create a very high leverage business

Don't be in scarcity mindset, just decide what you want to be selling/consulting on and decide who you want to sell it to (old ladies). The best niche is the one that you create yourself and that you're passionate about the most! It will drive you the best results, even if at a surface level it seems not as profitable. What creates value is solving people's problems, the bigger the problem - the more money people will want to give to you. With passion you'll be more motivated to solve these problems and spot them in the first place. So throw this "perfect niche" myth away and focusing on your passions and problems that you want to be solving

Edited by Hello from Russia

You could decide to create a more Green type of company by alleviating people's fear. What does anyone going to buy in this market fear of? Shady real-estate salesmen that are trying to fill their pockets by charging you ridiculous imaginary fees. 

Could you create a company that does not do this or does it transparently? If so, I would buy from you rather than anybody else if I was to buy a house, rent a flat etc. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Hello from Russia said:

Any consulting/service-based business

This model allows to charge 2k-5k-10k and more per project/consulting program

There are 10000s of opportunities and 10000s of VIABLE niches/services that you can go with in this model. Design, Branding, Sales consulting, Marketing Consulting, Weight loss consulting, Breakup consulting, Dating consulting, programming, copywriting, photography, videomaking, videoediting, photo retouch, software consulting, software setup, teaching people various skills, teaching people SAT (lol.) to name a few. With all these and 10000s more you can charge good money for your services.

And there are 10000s audience niches that you can find applications to these skills. Some will make you very unique, sought-after and valuable. For a example you can decide to teach English, but do it for old ladies only. Bam, you have a niche with almost 0 competition in it and you'll be able to build very efficient systems/marketing messaging for this particular audience and by doing that you'll create a very high leverage business

Don't be in scarcity mindset, just decide what you want to be selling/consulting on and decide who you want to sell it to (old ladies are a super great niche, by the way). The best niche is the one that you create yourself and that you're passionate about the most! It will drive you the best results, even if at a surface level it seems not as profitable. What creates value is solving people's problems, the bigger the problem - the more money people will want to give to you. With passion you'll be more motivated to solve these problems and spot them in the first place. So throw this "perfect niche" myth away and focusing on your passions and problems that you want to be solving

Great answer. 

Naval says similar (Early investor in a lot of tech companies, worth $100M+ I think or around that) about using your mind to make money. He has a great podcast series on how to truly build wealth & it is incredibly eye opening to say the least.

I always think, if you want the answers to the problems you have, go to someone with the results you want & learn what you can from them! 

psychedelic assisted therapy treatment is a new niche that will take off one day. still very early but it's worth looking into.