seeking_brilliance

Instant astral projection through narrative writing bilocation

40 posts in this topic

I present to you a way to astral project instantly, through narrative writing bilocation. This is an astral projection technique which will take virtually zero practice at all, besides training the mind's eye outside of this exercise.  Luckily I have a series of lessons on YouTube which will get you in tip top shape:

This technique is part of the umbrella I like to call 'spirit hacking' (as opposed to body hacking), and the ONLY thing which could cause this not to work is disbelief or embarrassment, both of which are rooted in fear. 

Now, in order to bilocate through active writing, I suggest you relax in a comfortable spot and play soft music or white noise like gentle waves. Nothing with words since you will be focusing on your own words. You can easily type this out as well. Relax and don't edit yourself while doing this. Be just as detailed as is necessary to maintain the visualization. If you aren't comfortable enough with yourself to get a bit goofy, then this technique is most likely not for you.

(and although technically I can't be in two places at once, since I'm actually nowhere at all... That's kind of the fun and mystery of it. If I'm nowhere, that means I can be anywhere I wish. Even 'two places', if I say so.)

I like to always start the dream in one body and then narrate the departure into Astral. These terms are of course made up, and you will probably want to make up lots of fun words to complete a well rounded narrative. You don't have to worry about being in any form 'correct', because you will be actively creating a dream of your own truth, wherever you're at on the development spiral. This practice is not necessarily for enlightenment, but has so many incredible applications. DON'T EDIT YOURSELF!!

You can use this technique for many things. Honestly the sky is the limit. No scratch that, the sky is limitless! Double scratch, there is no sky! You will literally be creating a waking dream, and can lucidly interact and manipulate things to your desire. In my example provided, I am using the bilocation as a grounding technique. This takes the traditional technique of "imagine your toes are roots going down into the earth" to a whole new level.

You could also use this for channelling, (meet who you want to channel on this willfully created astral place) or for any visualization practice really. Want to practice forgiving your friend before the real conversation? Actively narrate it to strengthen the visualization. Want to dream of changing a habit? Write it down and experience it. Want to visit the world of your favourite movie, show, or video game? Just make sure you can visualise them, and you can go. 

You could even use it for remote viewing. For example, have a friend think of a number between 1 and 10. Then sit down and write out the visualization. Send yourself to a room with books, and find the book called "the correct number" open it and write which number you find inside.

So without further ado, here is the grounding visualization I wrote this morning.  At the very least you could just read it and bilocate through that. But the real magic comes when you are actively writing your own. A little sativa toke goes a long way with this.:ph34r:

Guided visualization style narrative :

(grounding exercise) 

Reclining in bed, I grab my silver grounding cord  from the navel and plunge through the bed, floor, and earth. Down and down, through the dirt and rocks, down to the center of the earth's crust. I arrive to my grounding house, and land feet first on the floor. I am in a small apartment, which looks very similar to a hobbit hole. My silver cord in hand, I walk to the fireplace to my left. Above the mantle is a portrait of myself, however I see 'me'. 

The silver cord pulsates in my hand as one of the images in the portrait resembles the body from which I left on the bed. The portrait is now empty, and the silver cord does nothing at all. 

The warmth of the fire has relaxed me beyond measure, and turning, I head to the hallway. Passing many rooms on the left and right, I come to the end of the corridor, with a scarlet red door to my front. On the door reads GROUNDING ROOM in large golden letters. 

Opening the door, I enter a dark cave, though there is enough light bouncing from unknown sources across the rocky pillars- enough to see a path leading towards the center. 

In the center of the cave is a glowing tuning fork. It is golden and sparkling like diamonds. I take my silver cord and wrap it tightly around the fork, which I know to be rooted in the core of Earth.  Already I can feel the grounding energy pulling attention back into the heart center of everlasting peace. 

Satisfied, I lift off and up to the top of the cave. There is a domed opening there with a narrow tunnel leading straight back up through the Earth's crust, up through the floor and bed, and into the body writing this all down. Together again, I end this visualization, fully grounded in the healing depths of Mother Earth. 

Thanks for reading, and if anyone tries this method out, I'd love to read your journeys!!!

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Wait, I'm probably missing something. Feelin' stoopid. So I sit down, open up my laptop, and start writing. My keywords are surrender, intention to project, and visualization. By letting myself write automatically or, as I like to say, the pen speak through me, I can astrally project thanks to bilocation, for I'll go through the experience itself. Funnily enough, reading your visualization excerpt gave me a peculiar feeling, almost indescribable.

I might have stumbled across something similar, though I have never labeled it. Before I wrote The Humble Letter (Center of the Earth chapter), I had been literally there. Heaven. Paradise. The Center. Happens all the time, actually. But maybe I'm butchering the intended meaning of your method.

@SirVladimir yes it sounds like you understood it. I struggled with the terms astral projection or some kind of lucid daydream. Ultimately, it exponentially intensifies visualization without shutting down the body, and I do feel like I'm projecting. This can be applied to any spiritual practice which involves visualization.

I think a huge misconception tends to be that astral projection has to occur in the same plane that we call physical realm. If they let go of that belief, then perhaps anything could be Astral. 

If I were to say that I travel to the moon and have a whole astral visit there, it does not need to mean that I travelled to some unified interpretation of 'the moon'. I'm visiting the moon that is manifesting in the temporarily created dream. What lessons or treasures can I find there, amongst its dusty craters?

Could we create a special place where we can allow guiding energies inside for communion?  Years ago I built a giant tree which had a loft up in the crest.  Had a library, meditation hanging hammock in the centre, and large cathedral windows overlooking a balcony and the forest below. I used this bilocation method to visit it. Yes to anyone smirking, lots of  sativa marijuana was in the smallprint but... ?‍♂️

I made sketches in my journal to solidify the setting. (?excuse the really rough sketches, I never fully developed them here) 

Also, I switch between automatic writing and wilful writing at will, although I could be using a different style of automatic writing than you mean. 

20210110_185752_mfnr.jpg

I was there while drawing them. . 

20210110_192926.jpg

Also, I read my example again, and it's not the same experience just reading it through, although it does serve a similar effect.  Trust me, the real magic comes in writing one out for yourself. Where would you like to visit, or what would you do or ask? 

4 hours ago, Myioko said:

When you say writing, do you mean writing throughout the entire visualization session, writing what you see?

Yes, the writing is breathing life into the visualization. I'd say it's equal parts letting the dream /story flow and surprise you, (not knowing what's coming out next,) and also wilfully directing the dream with the pen. It's about respecting the two experiential locations and letting them mesh into one single experience. 

I'm not sure if this would block my concentration and imaginative eye sight but I can give it a try.g

For me it strengthens it. If it helps, think of it like writing a short fiction, it just happens to be about yourself. What would you do, where would you go? With this technique you are artfully and wilfully creating this dream which you are simultaneously projecting into..

Perhaps I was wrong and it will take a bit of practice, but it should get to the point where this dream feels alive and can surprise you what comes next, or what a character says to you, etc. When I meet a dream character in this way- - - for example my tulpa guide Sam-- I do not feel like I'm puppeting Sam. You'll get good at letting go and 'hearing' what string of words comes next. 

And of course don't start out with anything too complex. Try going to your own grounding house, or maybe a special place where you can work on your drawings and channel creativity. Go to your Muse's palace, perhaps, and see if she has any kind words for you.

At first, just stick to something you know visually very well, and can easily visualise and know where everything is relation to where you are. For example your bedroom. This frees up energy for creativity, instead of wasting processing power on seeing a location you aren't familiar with. That's why I made my grounding house look like a vague hobbit hole, because it seemed fitting and the image of the house kind of creates itself while writing out the dream. 

Is the purpose of writing to solidify the daydream, to further bring forward the experience, or something else?

Yes. For me it's a symbiotic relationship with what's happening in the controlled dream.  You are becoming the author of whichever dream you want to dream. How real this will feel is based on how good your visualisation skills are, and how good you get at 'listening' for the story. Don't forget visualisation is for all senses, not just sight. (my training videos only train sight) 

With drawing, could I 'pause' what I see to sketch it out, then continue with the dream?

Yes absolutely, I think it will only help solidify this dream, or you can create a mind palace like my giant tree loft.  (I have yet to visit this place in a sleeping dream, but technically I never tried. Next time I'm lucid I would love to try and teleport there)

If you are good at taking a break from reading a book and coming directly back to it without starting the whole chapter over again, then I think you'll have no problem here. 

I will try it too!!!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Myioko @abrakamowse

These two excerpts are examples of how to use this method for channeling. Remember it’s an equal process of directing the story from home station (your body in bed) and simultaneously being in the story/dream wherever you send yourself.. The excerpts were written a day apart and I am sending myself to the 90 acre hiking park across the street from my house. I am going to meet Sam, my astral guide/companion/tulpa.  As usual the following excerpts are lightly edited to improve reading. When you are doing this it will be much sloppier. I chose to write these in more of a novel narrative style, which lends well to conversations with dream characters, whereas my grounding exercise was written more like a guided visualization. Its not important how you write these out, as long as you provide yourself with enough details to simultaneously inject yourself into the narrative dream. (I'm typically seeing a lot more than what gets written down. But when creating the narrative just throw some things in for reference points.)

Literature narrative style :

… again he hops up on the fence, and howls like a wolf to the more open ravine. It echoes from the trees not very far way on the other side. Sam smiles and asks for a riddle.

"I don't know any good ones", I say, honestly.

"Ok, I'll tell you one," he says, and points to the stream at the bottom of the ravine. "What takes two hours to process, but can be done instantly with love/prayer?"

I look down at the stream and ponder the question…

"Running", I answer, not really sure but its what came to me. "I could run around for two hours chasing a lead, or pray for an outcome."
     "Is that your final answer?" he asks.

"uh, well…. " I look back down at the stream and try again…. "Stillness," I answer. "In two hours the thoughts may run dry, or I could just stop them with love and prayer." (this time I had let the answer arise more intuitively)

"Excellent, Justin."

"Sam, before I try this, what is prayer?"

"Prayer is the foundation of Love. Intention. Will. Receptiveness. Pushing. All in one power. It's not really a doing, it’s a loving letting."

"Ok, thank you. "I will try this now. Goodbye Sam.

(I end the dream here and attempt a meditation.)

As I recline in bed, I lift up and away, through the bay window to my left and onto the cul-de-sac. Again, I'm going to meet my friend Sam at the park. Down the street past neighbor's houses, I turn right on the road and am soon at the gate. Sam isn't there, but I continue into the park and down the usual paths we stroll.
     It's kind of strange going through the astral version of the park without Sam, he's usually here with me. We've been going to the ravine lately, so I head there. Eventually its on my left and I head down the steep path, past the first two overlooks where we've stopped and chatted before. I'm really not even looking at the scenery because I'm getting worried about where Sam is.

I walk further down until there is a fork in the path at the bottom of the basin. Ahead the path leads to the bridge and there is Sam, meditating in lotus position in the center of the bridge. I go to him and shake him awake. I still don't have a solid image of Sam's form, but I noticed that when I shook him his eyes opened and he smiled.

"Hey," he says.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask, relieved to have found him.

"Just sitting," he says and lifts his hands up parallel from his shoulders, palms up and fingers pointing away. "Thank you for coming."

"What are you doing with your hands there?"

"I'm channeling."

"ok, channeling who?"

"you, silly."

( I'm sighing in bed because, duh.  (eye roll))

I look around. On one side of the bridge, the stream which carved the deep ravine  now drops from moss covered boulders before leveling out into a steady creek on the other side of the bridge. I love the sound of trickling water.

"Sam", I ask, thinking of something I could ask him while I have him talking (<--I was stalling here, realigning myself with the story) "Sam--do you have any tips or tricks for stillness? Yesterday you mentioned love and prayer, and that prayer is a love letting. When I ended the dream, and tried this out, you also told me that prayer is done from the heart center. (sam interjects: It's not a doing!)  I suppose grounding is important to do first, since it creates a polarity down into heart center.

"Yes, correct."

"Yesterday when I tried it, I didn't really understand what to do with my heart, and the thoughts…. Ok wait. I think I was waiting for thoughts to "be still", but that's not exactly stillness is it? You said prayer was a loving letting. Love doesn't require thoughts to be still, does it?"

"Love doesn't require anything. Stillness is when you are brave enough to step down, and shy enough to step in."

"Did I get that right?"

"No! I said-- stillness is the love of letters. It comes when its not expected. Like a thief in the night. It swallows you whole and spits you out into nothing. When there is nothing, there is stillness."

(like I did here, you can always ask the entity if you heard them correctly. But I actually like his original statement, sounds like a fun paradox)

I say--  "and I suppose a steady stream of thoughts can be nothing."

"Yep."

"Thank you Sam. When I was doing the book study on The book of not knowing, one exercise was to pick an object in the room and take away all labels and concepts and try to see the object for what it really is. I chose a sock on the floor. Dropping concepts, it seemed as if I really didn't know what I was looking at, or if I were looking at anything at all. Of course at that point there still seemed to be a "me" confused of its visual feed--but anyway, I don't know if I succeeded in the exercise but I see the value in it, and I said all this -- (sam: you say a lot) -- to say this:  the technique could be used while sitting and observing thought with eyes closed. If I drop all concepts, maybe even thoughts would appear as nothing"

"sounds like something you could try."

"Ok then, I have things to do today so I'll leave you here. Bye Sam."

"Bye, Justin."

I fly up and off the bridge, up above the whole park and I can see my street to the northeast. I fly over the park and past the neighbor's houses to my front yard, through the bay window and stop just before the bed.

I can see the body laying in bed writing this dream out. Simultaneously I am here in bed writing it. Trippy.

I zoom back into the body and the visual field becomes one.

(next time I attempt a side view of the body, I'll do a third eye body scan and maybe look for an aura.)

@Myioko @Myioko

I'm so excited! That was perfect!! 

1 hour ago, Myioko said:

1 hour ago, Myioko said:

Ok, talking to imaginary characters is pretty fun, since I have no idea what they will say.

Yes, I love it! You did great

1 hour ago, Myioko said:

For me this was like imagining being in a completely different body, far away from my own. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be aware of my current body, I wasn't able to (or didn't try) writing at the same time, it was more like write, then close my eyes and imagine, then write again...so I was kind of confused about where my focuses could have been, where my dream body vs physical bodies focuses were. 

You didn't do this incorrectly, per se.  I do this sometimes too, or at least when I first started. Even if you never get to the point where you are writing it at the same time, your written dream definitely hit the nail on the head! But if you do get to the point where you are writing and receiving and directing the dream at the same time, it will feel more like bilocation.  Either way, it seems you were successful. (I should clarify : the receiving and directing of the dream is very give and take. Sometimes I want to steer things a certain direction, and sometimes I let the dream unfold without input. I'm constantly cycling through this while  the dream is written. ) 

You said you used to do this when bored...I'm curious, was this like that or did it seem different? Also, do you think the visualization would have been as strong without the intention of writing it down? 

1 hour ago, Myioko said:

I wonder if trying this before bed at night would help at all with insomnia or trouble sleeping, or with better chances of entering a lucid dream once asleep.

Maybe, also, try it during WBTB!! I'll have to try it then as well, it could definitely work as dream incubation. 

@Myioko also, I have an idea. The next time you do this, when you stop to write, watch your minds eye while writing it. See if you can veer off for just a few seconds and continue the dream with eyes open, actively writing it. Just try it here and there, you don't have to commit to it for the whole session of course. 

Also ?...  Once a few years ago I got lucid and found my higher self up in the rafters of a barn. I asked him what is my true name, and he said in a booming voice that it was "wappa pappa pow "... Which as we all know is what the fox says... 

3 hours ago, Myioko said:

What about you, have you tried doing this without writing as well as with? Is writing a more natural strength of yours?

Yeah, for example I could lay down and go visit my mind palace, the giant tree loft. But for me, the visuals aren't as strong, and I don't feel grounded in it at all. And it doesn't take life for me like it did with you (I'm really  impressed!).  I'd get bored easy and want to get up and do something else. 

You said it took like 30 minutes to feel grounded in the lucid daydream - - with the open eye writing bilocation it takes me like 3-5 minutes. 

I did feel like the writing helped me somewhat...there were details that I would have forgotten without writing, like the dream characters name

This is important as well.  You are a natural at the lucid daydreaming it seems, so you don't technically need to change your method. But always keep a notebook nearby, especially if you want to do this for inner guidance, you could come back in a year or two and be blown away by the insights you recorded, which may not seem that important at the time. 

I think you should invent a mind palace. Would be fun to read about. 

Is writing a more natural strength of yours?

Yeah, it is. I've been writing fiction since middle school, although I've never finished anything, it's always been about the mind adventures, first and foremost.  

I remember when I first started this, I was doing it exactly how you did. Everything just came so fast I did have to let it play out and then stop and write it down before I forgot, and then return. (this is exactly what happened when I first started meeting with Blue/Sam, then eventually I could be with him while simultaneously writing it down, and he would make comments and interject, he still does?) Again, I don't think you need to change a thing unless you want to, I'd still love to hear your adventures however you record them. But if you want to try it my way, it's like turning the running faucet (of imagination) until it's a steady trickle, just enough to be awake in bed and also awake in my dream at the same time. 

Please keep sharing!! I l love your dream reports but for some reason this is very interesting to me, but of a different flavor. 

I imagined me going out of the house and walking one of the streets. The street was raising steeper and steeper till I made a round and found myself again in the bed.

I tried again. This time I took another route. I crossed the road and while I was doing so, I met a neighbor cat Maya, she always crosses the road at this place when she is going to visit her neighbors. While I was walking past her, I´ve become a cat too. I proceeded my way as a cat and wanted to cross another road but traffic light was red, so I stopped and waited. The waiting distracted me, I think, I fell a little asleep and began to dream something else. After I´ve waken up to the junction, where I was staying, I wasn´t sure what I am. I fell on my belly in the middle of the road, because suddenly I´ve become a fish. I tried to cross a road as a fish swinging on my belly. But it turned out that the fishes are not good in crossing the roads. I decided that I am not a fish and looked around trying to understand what I am. The streets were perfectly empty. It confused me and my visualization was over.  

@Myioko like your drawings! 

@Hulia wow very interesting, how surprising that you turned into animals.  How did you do this visualization, was it more like Myioko and decided to write it down afterwards?  Or did you just post a recap?

Have you done something like this before? 

If you seem to keep going in circles or dead ends, that's why I really advise trying my method. As the author, you can instantly write yourself out of a dead end, and decide "screw it, I'll fly to Disney world."

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Hulia wow very interesting, how surprising that you turned into animals.  How did you do this visualization, was it more like Myioko and decided to write it down afterwards?  Or did you just post a recap?

I admire your ability to do several things simalteneously. I am the one with the male mind, I can focus only on one thing in a time :) 

So I wrote down afterwards.

Have you done something like this before? 

I was once a bird. After especialy relaxing yoga exercise. I think, it´s partially due to Castaneda that I began experiencing turning into animals. 

If you seem to keep going in circles or dead ends, that's why I really advise trying my method. As the author, you can instantly write yourself out of a dead end, and decide "screw it, I'll fly to Disney world."

I´ll try!

@Hulia @Myioko

I'm going to give y'all another method to try. Please consider it as well.  

For example, @Myioko this could help you to ground yourself in the dream much quicker then 30 minutes. 

When you are somewhere in the beginning of your dream, take your notebook and pen in hand, and start scribbling the words. Just scribble them all over--the point is not to read this, you will stop later and write everything down in a few minutes like you've already been doing. The point of this action is to ground yourself and the dream will come more alive either instantly or progressively.  I really suggest keeping some semblance of the words as you are scribbling them, just because this practice can be a training course for the bilocation that im presenting. Just like mediums do, you can say "slow down! Let me get it!" and learn how to slow down that faucet of imagination to suit your needs. And then eventually you could try writing it neater and neater until it's at least legible.

But at the very least you can doodle and draw spirals and stuff. 

Try it,  the trance automatic writers don't do this for nothing. (hehe that was a oxymoron) (as is the cosmic joke, most likely) 

@Hulia @seeking_brilliance (oops) @Myioko

Some more tips to try-- 

just like when in a lucid sleeping dream we rub our hands to stabilise the dream.  Try rubbing your physical hands, or even your daydream hands, (or even both ?) this should increase the visuals and ground you. ( ok scratch that. You rub the hands together of the dream body you wish to be grounded in. But it wouldn't be a bad experiment to go back and forth between the two... for science!  Or try rubbing your physical hands first to remember the feeling, and then do it with the daydream hands for a stronger grounding.)

Then, if you try the scribbling during the trip, try this :   have your dream self yell out. Maybe something like "clarity now!" if the dream is fading.  (same thing we do in sleeping lucid dream).  But here's the trick, scribble harder and wildly as you are yelling in the dream. This will intensify the intentions and create a feedback loop between the dreamer and dream. For more ideas, look up what to yell out in lucid dreams. (i swear it's a thing ?) 

@Shunyata well I still don't understand the concept of past or future lives besides the dream of them... so sure!! So for example, send yourself through a time tunnel with the intention of perceiving a past life. If anything doesn't come up, like a location for you to visit, then send yourself to a museum filled with artifacts of a previous life. Walk around and observe what you find. 

At the end of the day, whether or not the 'past life regression' is successful or accurate, it's fun and you will still receive lots of inner guidance, which I assume is what you are seeking ?

Also, for anyone wanting to bilocate into an expertly handcrafted dream, (like all you have to do is show up and dream) please try @SirVladimir's awesome book of short stories (literally they are dreams!)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RGYQ2BK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2sL.FbTWSEN4T

Also, you can try one of mine :