Mips

5-Meo terror?

32 posts in this topic

If my experience is of any use to you, for me nothingness, infinity, call it whatever you want, it was absolute horror, death, and now it seems to me the most wonderful. the difference is in me, not in the infinity obviously, and that difference has been produced in about 4 months thanks to this substance. it's an amazing catalyst.

@Breakingthewall what changed in you that you See infinity not as Terror. 

And how Did you have such will and strengt to Explorer again this Terror? 

I never experienced it but I am already afraid to experience infinity for first time. 

@OBEler well, I started with psychedelics with the idea of transcending the ego, and all this horror was obviously the ego struggling not to be transcended, so I saw in it a perfect tool. If you think about it objectively, there is not so much to fear, it is true that there is the possibility of very intense fear, but the mind knows how to adapt and it is quickly forgotten. In addition, each experience is one more step in the understanding of the ego. instead, the possible benefits are enormous: liberation. I'm not saying it's at that point, but the difference from when I started is big. What changed? At first you can't even imagine what is an ego death, after you start to get used to give up . The nothingness is purity 

Edited by Breakingthewall

33 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@OBElerIf you think about it objectively, there is not so much to fear, it is true that there is the possibility of very intense fear, but the mind knows how to adapt and it is quickly forgotten. 

Very true. I think an important point to add is that especially with vaped psychs like DMT or 5, it is crucial to keep going when the fear is not completely dissolved on the first or second hit. Martin Ball really emphasized this point - to complete the arc to a final point of release. No matter how much terror, when it is resolved in the end and seen to be false, the mind easily flushes it out. But if one stops there and doesn't go all the way, it can be traumatizing. I think that's also how trauma in general works, you go through a process but don't reach the point of resolving the pain, so it stays and gets suppressed. 

On 1/11/2021 at 7:44 PM, peanutspathtotruth said:

In a sense yes, but you can't really prepare for a breakthrough. It's either full surrender or not. The substance itself, also in small doses, feels very very nice. 

I also experienced panic a few times, mainly due to being scared to stop breathing. Many people report this same fear, it's quite common. To me, it was the last barrier - to be okay with actually dying, while simultaneously trusting that the body will breath by itself (albeit very slowly) when you do reasonable, safe doses. On the other side it is very clear then that fear is nothing without thought, so all thought needs to be surrendered. When you're really unsure about your breathing, maybe sit somewhere instead of lying down, it helped me once.

I haven't gone in nearly enough - I'm still scared of my own panic. Loving and trusting is the way.

Thanks - this is very helpful :)

Great advice everyone, thanks so much.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:03 AM, Leo Gura said:

Yes

You can get so used to it that it becomes enjoyable. That's how it is now for me.

First time I had a panic attack though. So yeah... it's gonna mindfuck you a few times.

Is that the same case with Shrooms Trips as well? 

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

38 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Is that the same case with Shrooms Trips as well? 

Yes, this happens with all psychedelics. I would personally say that if you're able to relax during a DMT or 5 comeup, you will most probably be able to relax on a shroom or acid comeup as well. But it doesn't work the other way around, those are different beasts. 

Of course, I'm also aware I don't want to get cocky, shrooms can be quite challenging. 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

47 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Yes, this happens with all psychedelics. I would personally say that if you're able to relax during a DMT or 5 comeup, you will most probably be able to relax on a shroom or acid comeup as well. But it doesn't work the other way around, those are different beasts. 

Of course, I'm also aware I don't want to get cocky, shrooms can be quite challenging. 

I recently had a bit Challenging experience with 5g Shrooms w Lemon Tek which led me to Panic Attacks & Shock.

Will it be easier for me in the Future?

My Trip Report:

8 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

I recently had a bit Challenging experience with 5g Shrooms w Lemon Tek which led me to Panic Attacks & Shock.

Will it be easier for me in the Future?

My Trip Report:

Just reading this is the 4th psychedelic trip of your life? Of course it will get better, but that has more to do with how you integrate the trips and work on yourself in general than it has to do with more tripping. 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

I have had experience with certain batches being disphoretic and certain (more pure batches) being much much more euphoric

Edited by Aaron p

On 1/15/2021 at 5:06 AM, peanutspathtotruth said:

Just reading this is the 4th psychedelic trip of your life? Of course it will get better, but that has more to do with how you integrate the trips and work on yourself in general than it has to do with more tripping. 

Thanks a lot for the response.