Justin Michael

Meeting “CELEBRITIES”

10 posts in this topic

I’ve had the pleasure/displeasure of working with many “celebrities” over the years & I’ve often pondered this phenomenon of duality between “normal people” < “celebrities”

Fortunately I’ve discussed this in my interactions with a few of them.. Surprisingly they’re usually pretty enlightening about the subject.. However, I always leave the conversations feeling like “my life has been changed..” Which baffles me because why should their opinions matter any more than the clerk at the corner store? I know it shouldn’t, but it does feel like that. 

& for those of you who shrug at this like you can’t relate because you’re too woke.. I want you to legitimately imagine you go into work one day & LEO walks in... Most of you would shit your pants (understandably lol) but see, he too is “no different” 

..So how do we make sense of this? 

hoping to open a dialogue about this.. 

please do share your experiences / thoughts about this

p.s i expect you to respond Leo 

3 minutes ago, Justin Michael said:

why should their opinions matter any more than the clerk at the corner store?

Celebrities usually are far from your average joe or the clerk at the corner store, the same for Leo.

Most of them are masters at what they do, have an insane work ethic, high self-esteem, feel extremely entitled (to be where they are), have to deal with lots of haters etc.

If you talk to one of them and don't know the difference, you are blind. 

@Justin Michael

It's because of the perceived value that a celebrity has.

It basically plays into every cognitive bias there is (social proof, scarcity, authority). Subconsciously it feels like they are different from other people.

Of course this is not true. A celebrity is just a person, and often that perceived value is totally manufactured.

But for a mind with a low level of consciousness, you'll place them above others.

I've found that the more you do spiritual work, the less you get caught up in celebrity worship.

I can actually give a unique perspective on this, my mentor isn't a celebrity but is extremely successful in his own right and the "vibe" you get from these people is on another level. You have no idea how "average" the people around you are (even that is an overstatement) until you consistently hang around people who have achieved massive success.

These types of people are some of the most happiest and psychologicaly developed people Ive met and my worldview has expanded so much because of these interactions. 

@Recursoinominado also, my context wasn’t to bash accomplished folk.. It was more in the vein of  why social status itself entitles you to magic? Because there are most certainly beautiful  energies that work down at the corner store. I’ve met with plenty of celebrities that didn’t feel special at all & others that totally floored me with their energy in person.. like some walking-talking attraction magnet.  
so it’s difficult to communicate  (especially to their face)  

have you encountered much of this? 

@Bando

Precisely! Which is strange because sometimes I’ll meet someone that I only ever dreamed would be possible & then I feel nothing.. sometimes even less of them.. then I’ll work with someone I’ve never even heard of & completely feel like they are made of energy.. it’s a total mindfuck. 

@aurum

I definitely consider that most days but regardless of how aware you may be of the spiral... how would you actual act if your guru walked up to you for a coffee? Or better yet, the most sexiest witch in the world wanted tea? I assuming you would probably take the chance to talk to them about it. 

22 minutes ago, Justin Michael said:

@aurum

I definitely consider that most days but regardless of how aware you may be of the spiral... how would you actual act if your guru walked up to you for a coffee? Or better yet, the most sexiest witch in the world wanted tea? I assuming you would probably take the chance to talk to them about it. 

I’m not sure what your point is?

I’m not saying I’m above the effects of celeb worship. I fall into it sometimes.

My point is just that the more conscious you become, the less that halo effect will be noticeable. 

@aurum 

I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m furthering the dialogue of this discussion. I think what I’m saying is, most people box this up as some simple logically remark like “just be more conscious and you won’t be starstruck” and that’s not what I’m really interested in discussing. That’s an obvious perspective. Being that we all here are clearly interested in energy work, I’m just intrigued by how magically some people may be, especially people like celebrities (who work their ass off usually) but also I occasionally meet a homeless person with that same vibe.. it’s a trip