Intraplanetary

Consciousness work for musicians & producers

13 posts in this topic

Could you share your insights and experience on how spiritual/consciousness work has influenced you for playing/creating music?

For example, does it help you with discipline? / make you more passionate? / make you more creative? Or maybe it has no effect at all?

softly into the Abyss...

I would say that it has given me more of a wider perspective on why I make music, and also in nullifying fear-based writing and producing.

@alden

Thanks for sharing.

34 minutes ago, alden said:

nullifying fear-based writing and producing

What do you mean by fear-based? How have you written and produced based on fear? What has been the fear about?

softly into the Abyss...

@Intraplanetary It made me learn to appreciate what I'm doing and why. I used to spend time lusting after what and where I thought music production might get me. It was all about massaging my own ego. 

I understand what @alden has written above as well. It nolonger bothers me what I imagine people might think of what I create. I create simply for the sake of being creative. I enjoy the beauty in the music and the process. It's nolonger about where it might get me (fame, money etc) 

I also realised there's nothing "wrong" with anything I'm doing. I used to follow rules that I'd heard others talk about being important in production. (I don't mean the basic principals) Once you learn to drop any ideas and concepts about rules, the true creative expression begins. 

Hope that helps ?

Edited by Jonty

Immersion and creativity is increased tenfold. Made me start caring more about feeling than technique (played guitar for 12 years).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

How deeply can you listen?
Each sound has it's own life,
Waves build then merge together,
Some crash and fall apart,
What would an ecosystem be?
Without the flow of organisms?
Dancing around a sandy ground, 
Sandhoppers bounce to their beat.

Every song is it own environment.

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

3 hours ago, Jonty said:

I create simply for the sake of being creative. I enjoy the beauty in the music and the process. It's nolonger about where it might get me (fame, money etc) 

I second that. 

Personally, I had a mind-body insight into understanding that all fear I have, about doing what my heart desire, is illusory. This really changed me by removing the mental stories and limiting believes. I don't feel fear about creating and not being recognised or earn money out of music. I'm detached from the outcomes and feel confident enough to create just for the sake of creating. 

softly into the Abyss...

2 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

Every song is it own environment.

It's an awesome way of looking at a song ?

softly into the Abyss...

5 hours ago, Ry4n said:

made me way more creative, period.

What methods have made you more creative? Psychedelics / meditation / something else? 

What would you say is the best method/s to increase your creativity out of many that involve consciousness work?

softly into the Abyss...

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Made me start caring more about feeling than technique

Yes! This is an awesome insight. 

Music is about expressing emotions. And spirituality allows you to learn, understand and feel your emotions in very nuanced ways.

softly into the Abyss...

3 hours ago, Jonty said:

Hope that helps ?

Appreciated ?

softly into the Abyss...

22 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

Could you share your insights and experience on how spiritual/consciousness work has influenced you for playing/creating music?

For example, does it help you with discipline? / make you more passionate? / make you more creative? Or maybe it has no effect at all?

When mind is empty, heart starts to hear, talk, listen and create. If heart is involved in anything, you would love to do whatever you are doing or want to do. Which makes you more passionate, disciplined and creative. Because “you” love it, which makes you become one with it. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."