Husseinisdoingfine

Conscious capitalism and third world exploitation?

64 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are making a case for oligarchy vs democracy.

A democracy full of people who don't understand what power or freedom really is is not a true democracy and nothing to feel warm and fuzzy about. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Reductionist nonsense

Better keep concepts like Oneness and interconnectedness, God and enlightenment out of politics then, cause it gets "reductionist" AF. 

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course it's an arbitrary number. We can democratically agree on what number is reasonable and appropriate.

You mean we can vote for the Democrat with his limited perspective, or the Republican with HIS own limited perspective? 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You make my point for me. In a properly structured society you would not need to rely on a billionaire to personally fund art teachers at his whim.

How do you know? How do you know they wouldn't have decided that I needed a better math program instead? It was his inspiration and his success in that area that dictated how the money was spent. For me, it just so happened that that was the field I was later able to find creative freedom and self employment in. Inspirations breeds inspiration. 

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you understood Stephen King, you would understand that he would still continue to write even if his income was capped at $10 mil.

I DO understand this very well, that's exactly what I'm making my case for, the inherent freedom of inspiration.

There is magic in thinking big. There is magic in dreaming of what is inherently unlimited. Money is not in itself limited, it only seems to be that way from limited perspectives that place too much value on it. It's your own giving it too much power and putting too much value on it that makes you believe it needs all this regulation and redistribution. Does it actually need redistribution. YES! But people need to do it out of inspiration themselves. You know that survival is based on a fundamental misunderstanding. Putting in extremely strict regulatory laws in effect before people have understood what freedom, inspiration, power and all these things they say they want really are is putting the cart before the horse. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

A democracy full of people who don't understand what power or freedom really is is not a true democracy and nothing to feel warm and fuzzy about.

Except democracy works and it is better than oligarchy.

You mean we can vote for the Democrat with his limited perspective, or the Republican with HIS own limited perspective?

We pass laws all the time using the Congress. And they can be adjusted.

How do you know? How do you know they wouldn't have decided that I needed a better math program instead? It was his inspiration and his success in that area that dictated how the money was spent. For me, it just so happened that that was the field I was later able to find creative freedom and self employment in. Inspirations breeds inspiration. 

Maybe you do need a math program instead.

These are systemic problems that require systemic solutions, not one-off charity.

Charity will never be a replacement for systemic government solutions to social problems. No billionaire has the power or desire to give our children a proper education. Only government can do that.

If you want to do charity, feel free to do so with your $10 mil. But also, if we cap wealth at $10 mil for every person on Earth, charity will no longer be necessary.

I DO understand this very well, that's exactly what I'm making my case for, the inherent freedom of inspiration.

There is no freedom in wage slavery.

There is magic in thinking big. There is magic in dreaming of what is inherently unlimited.

Think as big as you want. Your bank account just won't grow beyond $10 mil. If that hinders the magic of your thinking, then maybe your thinking is the problem.

Money is not in itself limited, it only seems to be that way from limited perspectives that place too much value on it.

When you are stuck in wage slavery, money will indeed severely limit you.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

When you are stuck in wage slavery, money will indeed severely limit you.

I grew up with some severe limitations and I had some incredibly unique opportunities and freedom directly because of them. Limitation and freedom are two sides of the same coin. 

There is something absolutely transformational, a joy like no other in real authentic giving, really making an offering of yourself, your money, your time, whatever when and how you are inspired to do so. This is inherently what love, inspiration and creativity are in their essence, giving your all to something with no sense of loss of lack, just pure joy. It is not that I'm concerned about the government taking money from people, but if the government is given the power to take that from them, it would not get us the results we desire. I don't believe that the government ever really could take away from people something that actually can't actually be taken away from them, but if we base our policies on a major misunderstanding, we'll only get more of what we are trying to avoid. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I grew up with some severe limitations and I had some incredibly unique opportunities and freedom

Millions of people are not as fortunate as you.

These problems require systemic solutions that scale to 100s of millions of people.

Right this moment some girl is getting her face beaten by some dude because he has financial difficulties due to wage slavery. Now imagine that girl was your daughter. Would you tell her, "It's okay honey. This is just a wonderful growth opportunity!"

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No billionaire has the power or desire to give our children a proper education. Only government can do that.

No, but government can't do that either. Teaching has become a much more difficult, less satisfying profession, and because of that it's harder to find quality teachers. It's not as much about the pay but the loss of job satisfaction and freedom to do the job as they see fit and go with the flow of the kids and the day. There are so many increasingly higher standards to meet and such variety in kids that it's falling apart, and now with the pandemic, it's quickly becoming a problem than we can't stay ahead of. 

Job satisfaction is as important or more important to people than pay. We need to stop increasing standards and throwing money at problems without really understanding the root of the issue and what we want. We're still educating kids to be good factory workers, so they'll be good tax payers. The entire model of education is based on something that doesn't work and government has a motivation to keep it in place.

To be clear, I'm playing devil advocate here. I think public schools are incredibly important and I sure as heck don't want to rely on philanthropy to fund them. But there really are a lot of core issues, like kids and teachers actually being HAPPY in schools, that are put at the bottom of the priority list. 

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

These problems require systemic solutions that scale to 100s of millions of people.

Right this moment some girl is getting her face beaten by some dude because he has financial difficulties due to wage slavery. Now imagine that girl was your daughter. Would you tell her, "It's okay honey. This is just a wonderful growth opportunity!"

The entire world is changed by one act of love, one interaction at a time. Change is made one instance at a time. We can sit here and think about the concept of 100s of millions of people, or imagine what it's like to be a little girl living in poverty in Kenya, but we have no fucking clue if she is having a wildly fun time playing soccer with her siblings or in extreme suffering right now. All you can do is follow your inspiration and bliss and real change will come of that, one step at a time. Imagining the horrors of the world gets me or anyone else nowhere. That's why a long time ago I set up a monthly donation to feed and educate girls in disadvantaged countries and when I feel like shit about the amazing wealth I live every day, I focus on enjoying it, creating more of it, and giving it. Because when I imagine someone in suffering, all I get is suffering. I have the power of imagination. That's my TRUE wealth and my true power. I can align it with suffering and survival, or I can align it with love. So I use it wisely. 

Do you see that it makes no difference, if it's your survival or anyone else's? It's the same movement of imagination. When someone in front of you gets a paper cut and you feel pain for them, you feel it in your finger. Not theirs. Yours. It's a curious thing, isn't it? 

Edited by mandyjw

My mum is a retired teacher of a public school in a Nordic country and in her last years as a teacher she was really fed up and exhausted with all the issues of the school system that mostly due to reduced funds. Class rooms were too big and students with special needs were inserted into the normal groups and students without special need were really frustrated with constant interruptions and the lack of peace to study. Of course there were other issues like increased bureaucracy in the form of teachers needing the report the progression of the students and increase in the amount of student whose background was in third world counties. But essentially majority of the issues boil down to reduced funding which is majority due to the problems in economic system and impoverishment of the middle class. Which is again partly due to developing economies catching up but also majorly because the system becoming more oligarchy-like, though not yet in the extent that is seen in USA. Also, problems at home and with parents that are not there for the children (due to working too much, being unemployed, having severe mental health problems, addictions etc.) reflect to their performance and enthusiasm in school. If students parents face financial problems and hopelessness, that inarguably reflects to their children.

Edited by Delis

@Delis I have a high functioning autistic kid and the way the system is structured, have witnessed thousands of dollars wasted on "him", the money has actually been spent keeping specific jobs in place that don't necessarily benefit him directly, most doing paper work that protects the school and other organizations from being sued in case of an accident or in case I try to blame the school, and not spent on actually helping him. 

My mother is a title one teacher (helps work to catch up students who are behind in math and reading) and she lost her funding not because it was unavailable, but because the Principal of the school failed to do the proper paperwork. Coincidently, she is now working at the school subbing for this same principal while the principal takes extended vacations. 

You can throw any amount of money at anything, but if the motivation and intentions aren't lined up by the people working there, it's a waste. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And I have a problem in principle with Wall Street assholes making millions without doing real work while school teachers live in poverty. This is horse shit.

In Australia no teachers live would be living in poverty. They earn like up to $100k, because there are more measures in place. The US is uniquely fucked and everyone else in the Western world knows this. Rates of the 'working poor' are higher and social mobility is lower. And also it's insane that everybody doesn't have health coverage. Of course even social democracies have many other issues that need addressing like homelessness etc. However there's so many reforms to worry about before worrying about a $10m wealth cap.  I think even most serious leftists would believe that's too radical. 

@mandyjw Yeah you are right, the issue is multifaceted and every party is trying to do their best but at the same time covering their own asses: teachers trying to have decent income but not burn out and to give their teaching to all kinds of students to best of their abilities, schools trying make most of it with the limited resources and to not get sued by parents and parents trying to have best education to their children in a good teaching environment. The true resolution is on the level of developing collective consciousness so that parties would play less on their own pockets and think more holistically.

Edited by Delis

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You turn Stephen King into a whore when you suggest he writes for the money.

What about if Stephen King (or any other person with ridiculous amount of wealth who is doing creative work) is a stage orange materialist who is motivated by money and might stop if that is their motivation.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That was a vivid and disheartening description. Accurate too.

@Leo Gura

Stephen King is def stage green with bits of orange. If you think hes orange you dont understand sd. Check his tweets etc.

Capping income at 10 mil will make  rich people create schemes to make it seem like the money is spent when in fact it will be laundered to cash or gold which they will stash wherever they want. 

What im saying is the banking cap at 10 mil will actually cause adverse effects because only rich criminals will have more money than 10 mil. No banking or financial system can amount for this because the super rich will just resort back to physical gold as their currency. Solving capitalism and the welfare state is super hard to do but and i don’t think capping at 10mil will work because the rich will just laugh at it and use gold if necessary.

Edited by North Sea

The point I was making was not about his stage of development it was about if a stage orange materialst would continue doing creative work if he is motivated by money - I was using King as an example and thats why I wrote IF he was at stage orange.

1 hour ago, andyjohnsonman said:

What about if Stephen King (or any other person with ridiculous amount of wealth who is doing creative work) is a stage orange materialist who is motivated by money and might stop if that is their motivation.

Good! That's precisely the culture we need to kill.

The idea of chasing infinite wealth at any to cost society is in fact sociopathic and will be seen by future generations as selfish as slavery.

In the future, when your fellow humans learn that you are chasing infinite wealth, they should look at you like you are taking a shit in the middle of the Thanksgiving dinner table.

Good ethics and morals are important. 

Especially in stage Blue. 

Create your own life system. 

Preety preety

And then my dear, you can take a bath in suds. 

14 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Money is the root cause of evil. 

Money is at its root, just a concept, evil is at its root, just a concept. How can one concept be the root cause of another concept? I dunno, I'm not looking for something to blame, but if I was, I'd really look into this whole "concept' thing. 

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@mandyjw look in the Bible 

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and I've already donated it to Goodwill. 

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."

Obsession with money causes suffering. Anyone can obsess about money, they can obsess over hoarding it, or they can obsess over how they think it should be distributed and spent perfectly. Or they can obsess about the evils of other people who have too much money. All of it gives money power that it doesn't really have. Again, been there, done that, obsessed for two weeks over whether or not I should buy the t-shirt, then bought the t-shirt. 

Edited by mandyjw