Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

looks like something out of a comedy movie 

these clowns could barely pull off an insurrection before acting like dumb tourists looking for a place to take some photos. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Leo Gura I mentioned that most of them were actually overwhelmed by the attackers and that the double standard is with some police.  I'm aware of the poor framing in BLM saying "all cops are racist" which is a racist way of thinking.

What I am trying to say is that in the BLM protests the police arrested and killed for less.  One counter argument is that these protesters were not actually treated worse because there were many protests across the nation, so it is likely that there would be more violence.

It is possible that my community is framing the issue in completely the wrong way again.  Do you think it is fair to say that BLM would have been treated worse for doing the same thing as the maga rioters?  At the very least, maybe fewer officers would have been sympathetic.

2 minutes ago, trenton said:

At the very least, maybe fewer officers would have been sympathetic.

By the time it loses nuance in the hands of rioters, BLM is an anti-police, or even an anti-society movement (with nuance, it is a police accountability movement). Republicans claim to support law and order, even if this coup is not exactly the finest example of that. But the respective backgrounds make a difference. Then there's the ease with which this could turn into a civil war.

I think the police did their best to control the situation. 

Their job is commendable.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 hours ago, trenton said:

@Leo Gura I mentioned that most of them were actually overwhelmed by the attackers and that the double standard is with some police.  I'm aware of the poor framing in BLM saying "all cops are racist" which is a racist way of thinking.

What I am trying to say is that in the BLM protests the police arrested and killed for less.  One counter argument is that these protesters were not actually treated worse because there were many protests across the nation, so it is likely that there would be more violence.

It is possible that my community is framing the issue in completely the wrong way again.  Do you think it is fair to say that BLM would have been treated worse for doing the same thing as the maga rioters?  At the very least, maybe fewer officers would have been sympathetic.

A big problem with social media is that people only post violent protests or the ones where police are using a lot of force. Then people come to believe that all over the country, the police are consistently extremely violent towards the BLM protestors (and that the protests are overwhelmingly violent riots). That being said, I've been reading more about it while typing this post (from this website), and it does seem that BLM was met with force more often than other, prior protests. There's too much data to summarize in a post, but it does at least seem that BLM was treated worse than previous protestors. Although, It seems very weird to compare police response towards BLM across the country, which involved Trump's federal agents and the constant pushing of the 'BLM is insanely violent' message, to a single riot at the Capitol, where the police are far outnumbered and in a completely different environment. For one, we have wayyy more data and a situation with changing circumstances and surrounding rhetoric that takes place over months in the former case, whereas we have only a single riot for the latter case.

I think one thing which is fair to say is: if it were BLM doing this, the national guard would have been called much earlier and most likely preemptively (as it had been in the past) because Trump hates them, but I'm not sure the Capitol police were all that sympathetic towards the MAGA rioters. The rioters formed a MASSIVE crowd, completely surrounding every inch of the building and totally outnumbering the police officers. There are videos such as this one where officers are dragged away from other Capitol police members and beaten in front of them. It seems more likely that they were simply doing the best they could.

So BLM probably would have been 'treated worse' for doing the same thing, but only because there would have been a much larger military/police presence, which would have had the manpower necessary to hold them back. Even then, I wouldn't take 'treated worse' to mean a mass execution or mass beatings of BLM protestors, just to mean that the police/national guard would have stopped them from entering the capitol, perhaps by deploying more teargas or by other means. That is to say, they would have been treated pretty much the same as the people in this riot would have been, if there were more police presence.

I just watched some Conspiracy theory a couple of days ago about the CABAL, Adenochrome, pedophiles, The Elites etc., What do you guys think about this? Is this what Leo refers to as Ideologies?

Like this one dude who confess about celebs that are pedophiles, a week later shot dead.

I always take information with a grain of salt, so yeah, seeing both siders of the coin.

Edited by Rayster

44 minutes ago, Rayster said:

Like this one dude who confess about celebs that are pedophiles, a week later shot dead.

What dude?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Not so surprising.

Now, January 20 is near, I wonder what will happened next. 

On 1/17/2021 at 7:04 PM, Raphael said:

Looks like some left wing conspiracy theory. I don't think it will happen, Trump is done.

I hope you're right. However, the news have said that the FBI and the upper echelon of the military have already been doing a constant thorough screening of every soldier that have been at the US Capitol and every single state Capitol throughout the entire country for any serious signs of possible insider threats. I really wonder how worried about people on this forum think or feel about their possibility being any insider threats now or any possible insider attacks that may happen tomorrow. I am still am worried about this. :(

Trump didn't even let Biden use a military airplane when Biden had to fly to Washington DC now a few minutes ago.

Instead Biden had to use a private plane.

Jesus Christ, Trump is really really a awful person.

It's insane. Insane that such a asshole was the president of U.S. for 4 years. He's pissing on America, even on his last full day as president.

Edited by Blackhawk

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I am still worried about this. :(

Right wing attacks and insurgencies aren’t going away after tomorrow. They will persist for a while. Being in a continuous state of worry isn’t good for the mind and body. 

1 minute ago, Forestluv said:

Right wing attacks and insurgencies aren’t going away after tomorrow. They will persist for a while. Being in a continuous state of worry isn’t good for the mind and body. 

Well, shit.....that makes it harder for me to stop worrying about it even though there’s nothing I can do about it. In fact, Someone else told me yesterday that I should brace myself for a possible civil war in our country.

9 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Well, shit.....that makes it harder for me to stop worrying about it even though there’s nothing I can do about it. In fact, Someone else told me yesterday that I should brace myself for a possible civil war in our country.

Do you know how you can let thoughts pass by?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

7 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Do you know how you can let thoughts pass by?

I've tried meditation before, but it's been too hard for me. I might have to try again.

42 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I've tried meditation before, but it's been too hard for me. I might have to try again.

I got so engaged with politics and injustices that it was corroding my mind and body. I was consistently stressed out with pains in the mind and body. I've been doing breathwork each day and it's been amazing. It allowed a catharsis to release stored stress and anger. Then I could start to go into deeper layers of my relationship to reality.  It's breathed new life into my life. 

I also don't do well with traditional sitting meditation. Breathing sessions allow me to do something. It's a form of meditation, yet I'm engaged, actively working with my breath and observing all sorts of things happening in the mind and body. And I can change up breathing and be playful with it.  

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Breathing sessions allow me to do something. It's a form of meditation, yet I'm engaged, actively working with my breath and observing all sorts of things happening in the mind and body.

I'm beginning to try that too... it's like being mindful all the time while doing other things and paying attention to your breathing... pretty good.

:)