Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

Less risk of this happening in Washington DC because of the presence of the National Guard, but the FBI is warning there's a likelihood of armed protests breaking out across the country, such as at State Capitols, in response to Biden's inauguration.

https://time.com/5929581/security-insider-threat-inauguration/

Now the FBI is warning of planned armed protests at the Jan. 20 Inauguration in Washington, D.C., and in all 50 state capitals, current senior U.S. officials tell TIME. Current and former security officials say they are concerned that serving U.S. troops or law enforcement officers could pose a clear and present danger to the President- and Vice President-elect and other senior U.S. lawmakers on Inauguration Day. Federal investigators are also trying to track down military and law enforcement members or veterans who took part on Jan. 6, and trace their wider network of associates who may be plotting to turn next week into the mayhem being called for on far-right forums.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55625707
The FBI has warned of possible armed protests across the US as Trump supporters and far-right groups call for demonstrations before Joe Biden is sworn in as president.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Trump is where he is because what he did worked in the capitalist system. Trump isn’t red.  He is orange.  It’s evidence that in a capitalist system, psychopaths tend to rise to the top.  In this case he almost cornered the entire market.  Why not?  That’s what you do in Monopoly.  Maybe this is what Marx meant by a self-contradictory system destroying itself. 

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

8 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Trump isn’t red.  He is orange.

The color on the bottle said 'Deep Bronze'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

21 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Trump is where he is because what he did worked in the capitalist system. Trump isn’t red.  He is orange.  It’s evidence that in a capitalist system, psychopaths tend to rise to the top.  In this case he almost cornered the entire market.  Why not?  That’s what you do in monopoly.  Maybe this is what Marx meant by a self-contradictory system destroying itself. 

Gonna disagree with you hard on your assessment of Trump as Orange. Try to imagine an actual Orange individual such as Jeff Bazos becoming President in 2016, and ask yourself if most Orange individuals would have done the things Trump has done, including inciting an Insurrectionist mob to storm the Capitol to overturn the results of an election he lost. Hell, someone equally as morally bankrupt as Trump who'd managed to reach Orange would have at least been smarter about it, and not openly align himself with White Supremacists, and would have been capable of more long term thinking. Cults of Personality are much more likely to develop at at Red than they are at Orange (though not impossible, i'll concede).

If Trump proves anything, it's that Capitalist systems are vulnerable to manipulation by Red individuals, not that Trump himself is Orange.

Edited by DocWatts

The discussion points and topics here are refreshing to read as everyone touches on some critical areas of politics, cults, extremists, agendas, mob mentalities, etc.     

I find it comfortable to be in such a forum and that such a forum exists, but am also well aware that the strong emotional responses that many of us feel as a result of the insurrection (i.e. high level of anger, paying attention to politics more than ever, standing up for one's deep conscience, commitment to rid spreading of lies in the future, etc.) wouldn't really be possible without some of the events that have occurred in the past 4-5 years.

To take an even wider viewpoint of the situation than Russell Brand, the history of the earth and the universe will ultimately remember what's happening as a violent collision between swirls of ideology and human nature that may ultimately end up helping to turn things for the better on a fairly large scale of time.   It could even be a hundred years, or longer.   

It can seem like a waste to take on this political fight when we could have been working towards other goals over the past few years, but alas the universe doesn't exactly work how we would like it.    Sudden change, chaos, serpent energy....whatever you want to refer to it as.....  it has a role and even if its all backed by a pursuit of untruths, the whole process could still be helping to bring about a better future.   

So I think its valuable to just pause and think about that occasionally while this historical moment in time takes place in front of our eyes, and then just continue the fight.

Edited by krisolace

At 14m07s, Sen. Brian Schatz gives a cogent perspective on both-sidesism, false equivalencies and degrees of extremes. And he does so in a way that is not polarizing, inflammatory or demonizing. 

On 1/13/2021 at 2:10 PM, Leo Gura said:

He's long ago slithered his way down into the swamps of Florida.

Good luck getting the Floridians to reject him :D

Ah, so that's what he meant when he said that he is going to "drain the swamp!" After he's no longer president, he and everyone within his administration are going work on literally draining every single swamp in Florida. I don't know why I didn't realize this earlier.

Edited by Hardkill

Clearly very deliberate.

Edited by Marten

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

3 hours ago, captainamerica said:

@mmKayDid'nt realize that before. xD 

oBOBama the Builder

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Marten Those militia nutcases love to sit around and make plans of attack. So doesn't surprise me. They have probably been running civil war drills for the last year.

It's all part of patriot gun fantasy. First you buy a gun, then you start planning fantasy scenarios for how you might us it, then you start training. It's like a weekend hobby of theirs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  Yes I can imagine. Doesn't look good at all for what's to come. Maybe US will finally start moving towards stricter gun laws once this all settles down. But haay you'd think that all the school shootings and massacres to date should have been enought to realize that...

What’s your hobby?

”Overthrowing governments”

?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Marten Those militia nutcases love to sit around and make plans of attack. So doesn't surprise me. They have probably been running civil war drills for the last year.

It's all part of patriot gun fantasy. First you buy a gun, then you start planning fantasy scenarios for how you might us it, then you start training. It's like a weekend hobby of theirs.

@Leo Gura

That confuses me greatly, because if there were preparations, why didn't the Americans Surveillance Agencies forecast and kill this coup in its crib before it got outta control?

3 hours ago, Marten said:

@Leo Gura  Yes I can imagine. Doesn't look good at all for what's to come. Maybe US will finally start moving towards stricter gun laws once this all settles down. But haay you'd think that all the school shootings and massacres to date should have been enought to realize that...

Alas...‘Murrica!

Gun control legislation would be a confirmation of conservatives’ fears about the country heading toward communism, and the backlash would be massive

6 minutes ago, Abdelghafar said:

@Leo Gura

That confuses me greatly, because if there were preparations, why didn't the Americans Surveillance Agencies forecast and kill this coup in its crib before it got outta control?

Because Trump admin is in charge and they can't manage shit. Foxes guarding the hen house.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because Trump admin is in charge and they can't manage shit. Foxes guarding the hen house.

@Leo Gura

That makes sense.

1 hour ago, Willie said:

Alas...‘Murrica!

Gun control legislation would be a confirmation of conservatives’ fears about the country heading toward communism, and the backlash would be massive

Every time even modest gun control legislation is considered, Bad Faith actors intentionally use just these sorts of tactics to tap into the fear and Conspiracism of Conservatives. This benefits both Gun Manufacturers as well as the Republican Party, who are ruthlessly able to exploit Single Issue Voters to stay in power while not actually helping the people who vote for them.

Are we going to hold an entire nation's policy hostage to a privileged minority? Because that's been the Republican Party's entire shtick.

@DocWatts Yeah, money has to be taken out of US politics. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/15/trump-republicans-election-defeat-club-for-growth

“The Club for Growth has supported the campaigns of 42 of the rightwing Republicans senators and members of Congress who voted last week to challenge US election results, doling out an estimated $20m to directly and indirectly support their campaigns in 2018 and 2020, according to data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.”

”The Club for Growth’s biggest beneficiaries include Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz, the two Republican senators who led the effort to invalidate Joe Biden’s electoral victory, and the newly elected far-right gun-rights activist Lauren Boebert, a QAnon conspiracy theorist.”

Edited by Marten