Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

Got to give Trump some credit for his new video today condemning violence, even if it is deeply flawed and extremely late. Hopefully it helps reduces violence, but to some extent the cat is out of the bag. We have a long road ahead.

Edited by Talinn

Quick impeachment. Impressive. Very good. I was losing hope.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

AOC better have a full detail of body guards for the next year. She is the most vulnerable government target.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

AOC better have a full detail of body guards for the next year. She is the most vulnerable government target.

Yeap. She’s very open and brave and the GOP always uses her as the boogie man. 
Other brave figures in history that also fought against white supremacy - Lincoln and Kennedy... We know what happened to them. 

House Majority Whip James Clyburn, "there's a good chance that there will be a conviction in the Senate" of President Trump after he was impeached for the second time in the House.

"I think that Mitch McConnell and a few others recognize that that's the quickest way to get him out of their hair so-to-speak," said Clyburn. "I think there will be enough on the record and so, he could very well get a conviction."

On the timing of the impeachment trial, the Democratic lawmaker said that he wouldn't want to see the proceedings interfere with President-elect Joe Biden's first 100 days in office. 

"I do really feel that we ought to do what's necessary for this man not to ever run again," Clyburn said. "But we need to do what is necessary for people's lives to get this stored as soon as possible. I wouldn't want to see an impeachment trial postponed that for too long."

Once Trump is out of office for 90 days, and he's nowhere to be seen on social media, the Republicans might muster enough spine to convict him as the cost of doing so becomes negligible.

No matter what, the Republicans are going to be forced to move forward without Trump. There is no way Trump will run and win again. So they need a new survival strategy.

1 minute ago, DocWatts said:

It will still take a Senate conviction to make Trump ineligible to run for Office again, correct? 

I think so. Disqualification is a separate vote and only needs a simple majority. Yet I’ve read that the votes are sequential. There needs to be a 2/3 conviction and then they have the disqualification vote. 

Based on Republican approval polls, I doubt enough Rs will vote to convict.

It’s still Trump’s party. Republican support for Trump is relatively steady (even after the capital riots) while support for McConnell, Pence and Republican politicians has plummeted. Republican voters don’t think the Republican Party is fighting hard enough for Trump. He may lose flavor over time, yet it’s still Trump’s party.

At this point, it seems any Republican criticizing Trump will take a big hit with voter support (and receive death threats). The consequence for supporting Trump seems to be getting marginalized on social media and losing corporate PAC support. As bad as Citizens United is, it’s a good thing right now. The biggest consequence for supporting Trump is losing corporate donors. Orange yielding power over toxic red/blue

79DCA32C-5F61-4D33-A757-C1E5561CBA4D.jpeg

It seems that Trump has been impeached? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It seems that Trump has been impeached? 

Yes, Trump has been impeached again. The will be a senate trial aster Biden takes office. It’s still a long shot for Trump to get convicted - yet ya never know. Trump could lose influence. In another month or two, there may be enough senate republicans that want to purge him from the party. 

Just now, Forestluv said:

It’s still a long shot for Trump to get convicted -

And what happens after he is convicted?

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

He goes to jail

?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Just now, abrakamowse said:

He goes to jail

?

Oh wow. I didn't know that. 

8 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

He would likely be disqualified from running again for office. A senate conviction would not put Trump in jail.

The senate is a political trial, not legal. The legal stuff will go through traditional courts.

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

He would likely be disqualified from running again for office. A senate conviction would not put Trump in jail.

The senate is a political trial, not legal. The legal stuff will go through traditional courts.

Okay, so I'm trying to get information on this. What I found is that he is less likely to go to jail. 

Thanks to Freedom of speech amendments. 

And the right wing keeps whining about freedom of speech, the irony. 

4tr02g.jpg

@Preety_India He could be prosecuted legally in traditional courts. That’s a totally different system than a senate prosecution. A senate conviction only removes a president from office and prevents them from running again. It’ a political thing, not a legal thing. 

It’s like a student getting caught selling drugs on campus. The University judicial board could rule guilty and expel the student, yet they couldn’t put him in jail. 

19 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Oh wow. I didn't know that. 

I was kidding. @Forestluv is the expert in politics

?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's okay, take a vacation, they said.

Weeks later, turns on internet: Viking hordes overthrowing democracy.

LOL
Thank you for all you do, Leo. I hope your holidays were good :D

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's okay, take a vacation, they said.

Weeks later, turns on internet: Viking hordes overthrowing democracy.

It's okay, be a YouTuber, they said. 

It would be fun, they said. 

Methinks - vacation is still better.