Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

A much needed contrast to the gross taking selfie with rioters cop.

An amazing display of not just bravery but situational awareness and judgment in a life and death situation. His quick thinking may have averted a catastrophe from occurring. 

Edited by Space Coyote

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Those comments are awesome. Now it seems that everything was done by the left posing as MAGA supporters

????

FBE37592-9F4E-4D50-B616-C04BE7107FD7.png

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

"Peaceful Protests against Voter crime" 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Husseinisdoingfine

29 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Russel Brand to me is an inspiration, he speaks to me more than Leo does.

Wow, it was a short video, but he does sort of make sense. I thought he would've bashed the right a bit, but no he actually gave a level headed speech. Good on him for focusing on the deeper issues, rather than the culture warring.

48 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Russel Brand to me is an inspiration, he speaks to me more than Leo does.

Brand suggests that the rioters were really motivated by wealth inequality and the rule of the rich in America, and he downplays the racial motivation.  But Trump’s message is simple and clear.  The touchstone of his campaign was “the wall” to keep out Mexicans.  Confederate flags and white supremacist symbols were seen at the capital insurrection.    Brand’s ramblings tend towards gaslighting and diverting from the truth.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/us/capitol-hill-insurrection-extremist-flags-soh/index.html

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict This is insane! it's like natzis reincarnated in America to storm the capital and try to destroy the democracy that destroyed them back in Germany!

I agree that whoever says that this riot is not based upon race as well as many other things is either in denial or delusional. 

32 minutes ago, Happy Lizard said:

I agree that whoever says that this riot is not based upon race as well as many other things is either in denial or delusional.

It's just classic nationalism and ethnocentrism.

Stage Blue is ethnocentric. They defend whatever ethnic identity they have, regardless of whether it's Hindus, Germans, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, or Muricans.

This is Murican ethnocentrism. Trump's entire appeal for the last 5 years has been American ethnocentrism. That's his entire platform, and ethnocentrically-inclined people lap it up. They love it because nobody else speaks to them in that way.

To call it racism doesn't fully get the point. It's ethnocentrism. Which of course leads to racism in practice. Ethnocentrism is where racism spawns from.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura thanks for the correction and elaboration, I don't have a great grasp over the difference between these ideologies and I tend to lump them all together.

I do agree of your definition as I don't think all of them are natzis,

however, I'm just proposing this: looking at the link that @Jodistrict provided, aren't some of these group portraying a world view and a value system of blood thirsty natzis? I'm saying this in complete concern over what they might do, or what can happen in the coming days, and not soley to demean them. 

it's fucking concerning to me to see this many people waring and carrying flags and symbols so alarmingly resembling that of natzi Germany. I don't think it's common sense not to call them by their name. not to say we should be scared of them, but just to be clear what they really stand for.

3 minutes ago, WisdomSeeker said:

My prediction, there will be many many deaths on the 20th. This is their big day. Their last chance (in their minds). That's the day to go full out to save their country from the evil podophile lizard people deepstate overlords that will destroy the world if they don't stop them. It's all been building to this day. Many of them are going to want to go out in a blaze of glory. How many deaths, who knows, but it will be another sad sad day in American history. 

30 minutes ago, WisdomSeeker said:

This has everyone's attention now. If republicans are complicit and violence breaks out, it will be a really bad look for them.  

And I think unarmed national guardsmen without body armor might be insufficient. 

22 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

My prediction, there will be many many deaths on the 20th. This is their big day. Their last chance (in their minds). That's the day to go full out to save their country from the evil podophile lizard people deepstate overlords that will destroy the world if they don't stop them. It's all been building to this day. Many of them are going to want to go out in a blaze of glory. How many deaths, who knows, but it will be another sad sad day in American history. 

And I don't see a major unified effort to suppress it. To me it seems some republicans, executive officials, police and police unions are sympathetic to the insurrectionists and they can somewhat blend in with their base. If this was foreigners trying to reverse the election results, they would likely oppose it much stronger. Yet since it's internal to MAGA crazies, it's a very different dynamic. I think a lot of U.S. police and security personnel are sympathetic to MAGA. Perhaps a minority, yet enough to undermine the intensity of response. 

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Leo Gura

however, I'm just proposing this: looking at the link that @Jodistrict provided, aren't some of these group portraying a world view and a value system of blood thirsty natzis? I'm saying this in complete concern over what they might do, or what can happen in the coming days, and not soley to demean them. 

it's fucking concerning to me to see this many people waring and carrying flags and symbols so alarmingly resembling that of natzi Germany. I don't think it's common sense not to call them by their name. not to say we should be scared of them, but just to be clear what they really stand for.

A) It will surprise you, but most Nazis are not blood-thristy people. They are good, ordinary, hard-working people who just happen to follow the herd and identify with their ethnicity, riled up by a fascist demagogue. They are slowly radicalized in the same way Islamic extremists are radicalized.

B) Nazism is just an extreme form of stage Blue ethnocentrism.

C) Every Spiral stage is very broad and can have healthy and toxic manifestations. There are many positive manifestations of stage Blue, and even ethnocentrism, but there are also extremely toxic ones. The problem is not stage Blue per se, it's toxic stage Blue riled up by demagogues, grifters, and devils like the Trump family and FoxNews.

Don't forget that approx 50% of the global population is at stage Blue ethnocentric level of ego development. Therefore half the global population is susceptible to Nazi-like ideologies if they are allowed to flourish. The key is that those of us who are more developed and more conscious must steer them away from such extremes and show them a path toward healthy manifestations of Blue and beyond. Republican leadership has failed at this job by playing into conspiracy theories and not standing up against Trump's depraved behavior from day one.

Few MAGA supporters are actually Nazis. So characterizing them as such will just make you look partisan. It's important now, more than ever, to be as precise as possible with our terminology and casting of other people -- to avoid demonization, scapegoating, and misunderstanding the nature of the beast. The more accurately we understand the problem, the better we can deal with it.

Remarkably bad take by Sam Harris, who to his credit does at least understand the gravity of Trump's coup attempt and recognize the danger that Trump poses, while at the same time using Trump's coup as an opportunity to demonize the Left, and to deny the possibility of White Supremacist sympathies with the negligent way that the Capitol Hill Police weren't prepared for the quite obvious threat of violence from MAGA supporters.

He seems to think that Black Police Officers being on scene discredits the entire notion of possible White Supremacist ties in the Capitol Hill Police; doesn't even cross his mind that the Higher Ups could have left the people defending the Capitol building out to dry, or that racism in institutions can be compartmentalized. He just kind of shrugs of thr dysfunction of the Capitol Hill Police as a mystery, and leaves it at that.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Again, the police are not white supremacist, but many of them have ethnocentric dispositions and egos.

Calling the police white supremacist or racists misses the deeper point for a shallow understanding of the issue. Demonizing the police is not a good strategy because the police are what stand in the way between you and serious devils who would beat you to death with an American flag pole.

@Leo Gura my intention is really not to demean them. I've known and interacted with people of stage red and blue and they are, as your saying hard-working and respectful. I'm just saying I know danger when I see it. maybe there are no fatalities yet, but I see extremist in these groups and I'm really hoping no bloodshed will happen over the next two weeks.

1 minute ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Leo Gura my intention is really not to demean them. I've known and interacted with people of stage red and blue and they are, as your saying hard-working and respectful. I'm just saying I know danger when I see it. maybe there are no fatalities yet, but I see extremist in these groups and I'm really hoping no bloodshed will happen over the next two weeks.

There will be blood. Too late for that.

The Washington Post reports:

"Acting homeland security secretary Chad Wolf is stepping down, nine days ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration and amid widespread fears about security in the aftermath of the mob attack on the Capitol last week."

Who will replace him? Is Trump still making decisions and put in someone worse than Wolf? The guy was never confirmed and, in his defense, shouldn't even be in this position. He seems in way over his head. 

13 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

The Washington Post reports:

"Acting homeland security secretary Chad Wolf is stepping down, nine days ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration and amid widespread fears about security in the aftermath of the mob attack on the Capitol last week."

Who will replace him? Is Trump still making decisions and put in someone worse than Wolf? The guy was never confirmed and, in his defense, shouldn't even be in this position. He seems in way over his head. 

@Forestluv my point exactly and the real issue right now and most imminent is ensuring security is up to par and can suppress another coup. No one is even talking about the biggest hack of rhe federal governement in modern history. we don't even know how bad that is because we are so distracted by this ish. 

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Again, the police are not white supremacist, but many of them have ethnocentric dispositions and egos.

Calling the police white supremacist or racists misses the deeper point for a shallow understanding of the issue. Demonizing the police is not a good strategy because the police are what stand in the way between you and serious devils who would hang you at the gallows.

Calling attention to the troubling inroads that far right extremist groups have made with law enforcement, something the FBI was been warning about for years, is not to allege that most individual police officers are white supremacists.

Compartmentalization is such that a majority of individuals can be decent people who happen to be working for dysfunctional Institutions. 

I would think that surely this is an issue that can be addressed without demonizing the Police, who perform a difficult and stressful job. 

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/