Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

Read this long Twitter thread. Very revealing:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you want to understand just how deranged the MAGA crowd is, head on over to Brietbart, click on any random article, and read the comments section.

Warning: not for the feint of heart.

https://www.breitbart.com

That's what happens when you don't moderate hate speech, racism, and terrorism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want to understand just how deranged the MAGA crowd is, head on over to Brietbart, click on any random article, and read the comments section.

Id rather punch myself in the nuts.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Let’s go to 4chan to read the comments 

???

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Nancy Pelosi is willing to go forward with the impeachment if Pence doesn't make the move to remove Trump with the 25th amendment, which will probably be the case, as the president has only a few days left in office. Glad to hear she is all in with her intention to prosecute Trump.

He went too far, his serious lies caused this and he encouraged the mob to act for him with the final intention to put him in office instead of Biden, the real winner of the election. As a side note, he said he would be there with them, but he totally abandoned them in the end. He sent them his love though, after perpetrating all those attacks on a democratic institution in which five people died, and they will have to face legal consequences for their actions now.

The president could face charges for inciting the Capitol riot—and maybe even for inciting the murder of a Capitol Police Officer.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/11/trumps-new-criminal-problem-457298

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Important to remember that the people who rioted at the capital did so out of love, given the education they have had from: News, social media, memes, videos etc.... They actually thought what they were doing was for the good, for truth.... They love their country, and don't know where the lies start and end.... the lies in the US are so omnipresent people are lost in an Ocean of Noise.... not to mention peoples already tendency for self deception, devilry etc... Idk, I feel embarrassed when I make much smaller mistakes in my life. How is the US going to find a common ground? There are far more factors at play than meets the eye. You can't have a democracy with a population who only watch what makes them feel good. This combined with Corona, jobs loss, etc... It's madness! 

What is a hero in an ocean of noise? but a criminal in someones eyes?? and vice versa..

The intellectual infrastructure of a nation is crucial, and in the states it has been eroding for years. How does a country build on devilry transition into a modern world? Messily.

To all my American brothers and sisters I am wishing you a safe ride through this.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art That is understood. I agree with all you say... but...

they have to be held accountable anyway. This is like saying that someone killed your mother because of love, or wife or whatever and won’t  face any consequences.

They will have to face the consequences of their acts. And people who wants to resort to violence should be separated from the rest of society.

I know you didn’t say they should not be punished but I just wanted to clarify that. I think everyone in the forum understand that we do everything out of love, because love is all there is.

?

Edited by abrakamowse

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@Thought Art That is understood. I agree with all you say... but...

they have to be held accountable anyway. This is like saying that someone killed your mother because of love, or wife or whatever and won’t  face any consequences.

They will have to face the consequences of their acts. And people who wants to resort to violence should be separated from the rest of society.

@abrakamowse I agree.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art I added something at the end, just to clarify more. 

Good point ThoughtArt is important to understand what you said. I agree with you too.

?

On a different topic, can someone tell me what makes a featured thread? Just noticed the purple tag.

Edited by Danioover9000

23 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

On a different topic, can someone tell me what makes a featured thread? Just noticed the purple tag.

Big events...

...or threads that Leo thinks are really really good so they can become more visible.

Can also be example threads.

Edited by Rilles

14 minutes ago, mmKay said:

@Leo Gura can you add surprised pikachu face emoji? 

We have :o

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Read this long Twitter thread. Very revealing:

Good description from a detached observer. This caught me eye:

There were also no clear crowd rules imposed for Stop the Steal like there were for all the other protests we have attended. All of the “liberal” protests of the last four years we attended had a long list of things you could not bring that were enforced at the Capitol. At these protests, there were no poles or sticks, no backpacks, no weapons or body armor, etc. There were sometimes security check points to go through to get onto the mall or Capitol grounds. None of these standard rules applied to Stop the Steal. There were poles and flags and backpacks and body armor EVERYWHERE. 

I imagine that the vast majority of protestors assumed that security and crowd rules would be similar to previous right-wing protests. If they were aware in advance that there would be lax security, they likely would have brought in a lot more weapons. Some may have brought weapons for a feeling of empowerment, show of force and intimidation - yet once in a mob environment some may have used them. 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's what happens when you don't moderate hate speech, racism, and terrorism.

WTF ?

I dont even know what to say about this it's to crazy....

Do you guys think some kind of civil war is a possibility? I mean the mind set of some of the maga people is extremely fanatical, reading the twitter thread earlier it seems even the not so extreme ones would be happy to go along with some violence, id be surprised if the military as a whole switched to trumps control but its not out of the question for a few factions to dissent. I dont know what will happen but i wonder if magas craziness is being underestimated. If it is on this path what can be done to avoid it?

The absolute worst you will see is something like The Troubles in Northern Ireland, but more likely is that if more right wing terror attacks occur the government will go hard on them at multiple angles. Perhaps even the FCC would take down Fox News if the violence gets significantly worse. Social media and big tech will receive even more scrutiny whether or not this happens, though it will accelerate depending on what happens.

This is of course speculation and we should be mindful to try to live in the present. Conjuring up images of war will produce war.