Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Forestluv said:

No. Impeachment occurs in the House and only requires a simple majority. If articles of impeachment pass, a trial occurs in the senate and conviction requires a 2/3 majority. If convicted, the president is removed from office. 

House Democrats could impeach Trump again somewhat easily, yet there is very little chance of the senate convicting him. To get 17 Senators to convict, Trump would need to do something that is outrageous even for him. Something like Trump leading the mob carrying an AK47 and shooting a senator and a police officer. And it would need to be unambiguously on video. That's how complicit republicans are at this time. 

Okay, my mistake. So impeachment can take effect immediately and the supermajority is for the conviction in the Senate. I think Trump is correct about massive voting fraud! But it could be false evidence presented by compromised experts and authorities.

Edited by Anderz

39 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Why do we have to handle her with kid gloves? It sounds like all personal responsibility of hers for the situation she put herself in is being taken away. I think she was a potentially violent radical willing to destroy the democratic process which keeps our country from becoming some form of authoritarian ethnocentric regime. If this was a Muslim people many would say they were a terrorist. I’m tired of MAGA lunatics being painted as some some misguided gullible bunch that otherwise would be benevolent. These are dangerous radicals.

Very much agree with everything you say here.

Some of MAGA were deplorable ignorant dangerous radicals long before Trump.

But, I think when the dust settles, we will see some people were good people before being brainwashed by the cult of Trump, enabled by half the government, and a designed echo-chamber created by social media giants like Facebook and twitter, that customize content so a person only seeing one version of reality, getting sucked in to that reality being the true one. 

My Dad is a real good man, but he got sucked in to the Trump cult, because Trump's version of reality is the only one he sees every time he opens his TV or computer. Nothing I say can change his mind. If he went to the attempted coup and got shot storming the congress floor barricades and got killed, I would think he was a dumbass for doing something so stupid and reckless, but I'd also be pissed I lost my father to a cult who brainwashed him.

Some right-wingers have been saying that Trump supporters wouldn't have stormed the US Capitol if the media show enough transparency on the actual investigation of the alleged widespread voter fraud throughout the country. For example, they could've visually recorded on camera the entire audit/investigation of all of the election offices in every state throughout the entire country and broadcast it all through channels like C-SPAN and on news shows like 60 minutes.

They also agree with the Joint Statement from Senators Cruz, Johnson, Lankford, Daines, Kennedy, Blackburn, Braun, Senators-Elect Lummis, Marshall, Hagerty, Tuberville which mentioned:

"Voter fraud has posed a persistent challenge in our elections, although its breadth and scope are disputed. By any measure, the allegations of fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election exceed any in our lifetimes.

"And those allegations are not believed just by one individual candidate. Instead, they are widespread.  Reuters/Ipsos polling, tragically, shows that 39% of Americans believe ‘the election was rigged.' That belief is held by Republicans (67%), Democrats (17%), and Independents (31%)."

"But, whether or not our elected officials or journalists believe it, that deep distrust of our democratic processes will not magically disappear. It should concern us all. And it poses an ongoing threat to the legitimacy of any subsequent administrations.

"The most direct precedent on this question arose in 1877, following serious allegations of fraud and illegal conduct in the Hayes-Tilden presidential race. Specifically, the elections in three states-Florida, Louisiana, and South Carolina-were alleged to have been conducted illegally.

"In 1877, Congress did not ignore those allegations, nor did the media simply dismiss those raising them as radicals trying to undermine democracy. Instead, Congress appointed an Electoral Commission-consisting of five Senators, five House Members, and five Supreme Court Justices-to consider and resolve the disputed returns.

"We should follow that precedent. To wit, Congress should immediately appoint an Electoral Commission, with full investigatory and fact-finding authority, to conduct an emergency 10-day audit of the election returns in the disputed states. Once completed, individual states would evaluate the Commission's findings and could convene a special legislative session to certify a change in their vote, if needed."

"We are not naïve. We fully expect most if not all Democrats, and perhaps more than a few Republicans, to vote otherwise. But support of election integrity should not be a partisan issue. A fair and credible audit-conducted expeditiously and completed well before January 20-would dramatically improve Americans' faith in our electoral process and would significantly enhance the legitimacy of whoever becomes our next President. We owe that to the People."

Edited by Hardkill

What's good about this event is that the Trump supporters world is being torn apart right in front of their eyes. Large stubborness requires a proportionally large catastrophe for sanity to return.

Sometimes a system is sent on the path to self-destruction, a supernova, a wiping of the slate, before something fresh can start. Many cases in history of ideologies far worse than this dying in a blaze of glory.

A different type of system which may self-destruct is the severely depressed or suicidal person. But the supernova needn't be a physical death, sometimes is though. 

--

After this latest incident, some of the most hardcore trump supporters will be questioning themselves.

I really don't know whether impeachment or no impeachment would be a good thing. 

My 2020th post, how perfect. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

5 hours ago, Lionhead said:

Are the people doing this the same people who believe that the world is ran by a communist jewish pedophile cult? And believe in chemtrails, 5g and agenda 21 and all the david icke and Alex Jones crap?

Yes

These people are brainwashed by the right-wing populist conspiracy theory alt-media echo-chamber.

It's not just fringe stuff though, it's also FoxNews and the like. Basically any right-wing media source in the last 4 years. Including stuff like Tim Pool, Brietbart, Ben Shapiro, Charlie Kirk, Jordan Peterson, etc. consuming all that trash ideology adds up to mind-cancer. Their sense of reality is so delusional and reactionary that they have lost all sense of decency and common sense. In their minds their actions are fully justified because they legit believe that pedophile communists are taking control of America. That is their worldview in a nutshell.

If that is the case, Trump is not the only who is responsible for this civil strife. This has been a long time coming and it's all due to the avalanche of right wing propaganda that has been circulating the internet since it's inception. People don't know what to believe anymore, and a lot of normal everyday people have been radicalized by these kind of ideas and are complicit in this coup. This is bigger than just this one event.

Yes, of course. But Trump was a huge assemblage point for all the worst right-wing tendencies.

Trump basically took stages Orange and Blue and appealed to their deepest and lowest fears, insecurities, gripes, hatred, anger, greed, racism, and nationalism. And they swallowed his con hook, line, and sinker because it felt so good for their egos to get validated. It's like dangling red meat before a starved beast.

That is the epitome of demagoguery.

Hitler did the same thing in 1920's Germany.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

My Dad is a real good man

EVERYONE is a good man, until he's not.

There is no such thing as evil men. It's the good ones who create evil when their consciousness lapses.

Even Trump is not an evil man. He's just deeply wrapped up in a wounded ego that never received the proper love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In their minds their actions are fully justified because they legit believe that pedophile communists are taking control of America. That is their worldview in a nutshell.

Very similar to what Hitler and his followers believed in WWII. 

Note: I just noted you said the same thing at the end of your post. 
?

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:
4 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

EVERYONE is a good man, until he's not.

There is no such thing as evil men. It's the good ones who create evil when their consciousness lapses.

That’s the key Leo, to understand human behavior.

Great truth.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 hour ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

Interesting idea, probably would be a horrible idea to actually make and release that film ?

Film can be a great medium through which to promote yellow thinking though. Perspective shifting is huge.

6 hours ago, Gidiot said:

A good chunk of people believe Antifa did this. That’s how sorry we are as a country.

My boss believes that. 

He told me yesterday... “there’s a rumor that all these riots were in reality people from antifa” ...

the level of delusion is crazy

Edited by abrakamowse

@Consept Good stuff...

On 6.1.2021 at 11:20 PM, Forestluv said:

It’s ironic how the right constantly talks about taking personal responsibility, yet they are unwilling to take any responsibility. Blaming this alt-right insurgency against the U.S. government on the left is ludicrous. 

Value signaling seems to be common these days. Tricky mind.

On 7.1.2021 at 0:24 AM, Forestluv said:

I think MAGA crowd is in their own social media echo chamber and have been so conditioned with fear and misinformation that they truly are scared and believe the election was stolen. I watched some interviews of Trumpers in the mob tonight. They 100% believe they election was stolen and they being patriotic and fighting to save America.

What can one do to deprogram people living in their social media bubbles?

On 7.1.2021 at 1:13 AM, Forestluv said:

You’ve talked a lot about wanting to see the big picture and raise your consciousness. This is a good opportunity to look at attachments and identification.

Thank you for the work you do my man ?

On 6.1.2021 at 11:28 PM, Emerald said:

Think for yourself and actually be principled in your stances. If you're going to denounce rioting on the left... also denounce it when your team does it. Stop making the things that you identify with the exception. 

Become aware. Your unwavering allegiance to "your team" is just your allegiance to your own ego in disguise.

Couldn't have said better. Thank you.

On 7.1.2021 at 0:58 AM, Emerald said:

Get your ego up out of the situation if you want to see things clearly.

Nice, cutting the bs again, but how do you really expect unconscious behavior to change through that?

On 7.1.2021 at 0:53 AM, hoodrow trillson said:

Protesting for the undeserved deaths of black men at the hands of the police vs having a meltdown due to losing an election are two completely different things, dumbass.

When you open the box of calling the other names you also open for the other the box to focus on you calling them names instead of addressing your point. You want them to expose themselves by addressing your point instead of giving them the easy opportunity to deflect and focus of something trivial you said on a whim. I know the frustration - being compassionate is hard especially in the discussion itself.

Do you see that he could simply restate his point and stay sure in his identity while deflecting you calling him names?

On 7.1.2021 at 1:01 AM, hoodrow trillson said:

You’re triggered and projecting at me!  I hope you can calm down and open your chakras.  Do some meditation and reflect, my dude.

Calm down lol. I wasn't even talking to you but you're choosing to attack me outright to feed your ego. Take your own advice.

Do you see how easy it is to dismiss you just because you opened the box? He now has the chance to play victim for other members in order to prove his point and uphold his pov.

On 7.1.2021 at 4:43 AM, Leo Gura said:

The progressive slogan to defund the police is probably the clearest example of stage Green stupidity. I understand that they mostly mean to reallocate funds to social work and the like, but a social worker is not gonna stop a crowd of MAGA idiots. That slogan -- defund the police -- is like political suicide.

How does green recognize that it is dysfunctional to destroy the structure one is standing on? Direct experience lol? That could be fatal.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

What worries me is that they are creating their own social media sites, to feed that crazy echo chamber of conspiracy. Who know how this will end?

Take a look at Parler, they have almost 4 million of users. That's too much crazy...

Maybe they need to create their own Republic of Donald

:-P

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/11/11/parler-mewe-gab-social-media-trump-election-facebook-twitter/6232351002/

Parler said its membership has jumped from about 4.5 million a week ago to about 8 million. Among its users, about 500,000 were active two weeks ago, and about 4 million are active now, Parler said.

Edited by abrakamowse
I added a link to an article about right wing social media

@abrakamowse

5 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Very similar to what Hitler and his followers believed in WWII. 

Note: I just noted you said the same thing at the end of your post. 
?

While I see the similarities between Donald  Trump and Adolf Hitler career wise, as rulers, I don't see them having similarities in their beginnings and ends, and more dissimilarities and differences.

How are they both more similar/different explicitly?  

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@abrakamowse

While I see the similarities between Donald  Trump and Adolf Hitler career wise, as rulers, I don't see them having similarities in their beginnings and ends, and more dissimilarities and differences.

How are they both more similar/different explicitly?  

They're both highly skilled at riling up the prejudices of the common working class citizens and scapegoating others for any and all socioeconomic issues.

That's about it though. I would say that Hitler was more war hungry and competent, but at that point in history it was easier for someone with his ideals to hijack a country and cause a global war.

Trump now condemns the rioters who he clearly provoked while wearing his little black gloves.  Ironically, they could get 10 years under an executive order signed by Trump for damaging federal property.   He encouraged them and then threw them under the bus.  They will now learn a lesson about the treachery of politicians.   

The news media in America is non stop 24/7 noise.   In order to attract eyeballs, there needs to be at least one crisis every day.  The show never ends.  This turns attention away from inner work.  I think one of the first steps to self realization has to be to stop watching the news, which is nothing but distracting idol chatter.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Danioover9000 I was painting roughly, I'm not saying they are the same. But similar in some things and of course different in others.

I see the similarity in that although Trump won the elections with the electoral college, unlike Hitler, whose first attempt at power was with a coup. Trump is now trying to stay in power with a coup. And in that, there is similarity with Hitler, with Hitler's first attempt.

The only difference is that  Trump is trying to do that at the end of his term. And unlike Hitler he is not involved directly but he is inciting people or let's call them domestic terrorists to do the work.

Now I estimate that he is going to follow  Hitler's footsteps, and try to win a second time with the popular vote, not electoral vote only. This is going to be similar to the time when Hitler realized that he can achieve the same without a coup, only convincing people about his crazy theories.

And if he achieves that, maybe the history of the second war will be repeated, but we don't know ... it's just speculation.

Edited by abrakamowse