Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

This is...

With those black gloves he looks like a super villain.

Watching those guys sitting on Nancy Pelosi's chair...WTF?

Edited by Arcangelo
Not a show this is serious.

Ted Cruz saying to consider the evidence??????? WTF...

That's what the judges did and there's no evidence!!!! He's nuts.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Will trump face any sort of legal consequences for this ?

CNN wrote that 48 Democrats and 1 Republican in the House support impeachment. And 12 Democrats in the Senate.

"(CNN) Dozens of lawmakers are calling for President Donald Trump to be removed from office either through impeachment or the 25th Amendment to the Constitution after his violent supporters breached the Capitol on Wednesday." - CNN.com, Jan 7, 2021

But it requires a supermajority for impeachment.

"The Constitution requires a two-thirds supermajority to convict a person being impeached." - Wikipedia

Regarding the 25th Amendment I found this:

"Section 4 of the Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution gives Congress a role to play in the event of a presidential disability. If the vice president and a majority of the president's cabinet declare that the president is unable to serve in that role, the vice president becomes acting president. Within 21 days of such a declaration (or, if Congress is in recess when a president is disabled, 21 days after Congress reconvenes), Congress must vote by two-thirds supermajorities to continue the disability declaration; otherwise, such declaration expires after the 21 days and the president would at that time "resume" discharging all the powers and duties of the office. (Section 4 has been invoked – the president himself declaring an inability – only three times.)" - Wikipedia

Joe has a good take:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8E0CCAB1-F1FB-48E2-AE07-F6978BE089A4.png

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

Will trump face any sort of legal consequences for this ?

What are you gonna sue him for??

The only serious way to catch Trump is to deeply investigate all his financial fraud and tax crimes.

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Joe has a good take:

This is great. But I’m afraid no one is going to do what he’s asking for. Too bad... ?

25th Amendment is possible if his most loyal cabinet decide to throw him under the bus.

Once Republicans realize that Trump is about to lose all his power anyway, they may rapidly turn on him and throw him under the bus to save themselves.

Soon will begin the phase where everyone who enabled and supported Trump will start to deny that they were really supporters of his.

In the end, all of this will be denied by those who enabled it. It's just a matter of time. Once Trump loses power it could happen very quickly.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How about kick him out of the Presidency and immediately charge him with Sedition and Treason. He's textbook definition of both. 

4 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

charge him with Sedition and Treason. He's textbook definition of both. 

Those are gonna be very difficult to prove in court.

Treason is technically when you collude with a foreign power during a time of war. That won't apply here.

And we've already established that the US President is above all criminal prosecution while in office. The Justice Department cannot even issue a criminal charge of a sitting US President.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only serious way to catch Trump is to deeply investigate all his financial fraud and tax crimes.

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of what laws and statutes may apply to presidential behavior. I don't think there are many laws which covers the presidency and much of what is taking place here has never even been tested in court before. I'm not looking for vengeance but I think letting this go unpunished will have some serious consequences for the democracy. I'm wondering if any prosecutors or the justice department will be able to bring a case against trump for inciting this riot. Or perhaps this will lead to future laws being passed such as further checks on the president. 

3 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I'm wondering if any prosecutors or the justice department will be able to bring a case against trump for inciting this riot.

Pipe dreams

There is no law against a President riling up a crowd with fake conspiracy theories.

Of course future laws and regulations must be passed.

I think the best we can hope for then is some reforming of what privileges the president has while holding office. It really all just comes down to norms and traditions established where the president conducts himself in a way not to overstep such boundaries. Trump exposed all of that. 

Edited by Lyubov

1 minute ago, Lyubov said:

I think the best we can hope for then is some reforming of what powers the president has while holding office. It really all just comes down to norms and traditions established where the president conducts himself in a way not to overstep such boundaries. Trump exposed all of that. 

Yes, of course. That was Trump's higher function, so to speak -- exposing the systemic loopholes.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

we've already established that the US President is above all criminal prosecution while in office. The Justice Department cannot even issue a criminal charge of a sitting US President.

Lets say the Republicans finally turn on him and they vote for the 25th amendment, wouldn't he be then vulnerable to any and all charges?

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, of course. That was Trump's higher function, so to speak -- exposing the systemic loopholes.

Mules learn, the hard way :D.

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

25 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

Lets say the Republicans finally turn on him and they vote for the 25th amendment, wouldn't he be then vulnerable to any and all charges?

Not at all.

All that would do is kick him out of the White House.

He would not be charged with any serious crime or face prison time.

To put him in prison requires a long ass legal trail that will last years, and you need a hard crime like tax fraud.

The current Justice Department rule is: You literally cannot charge an active President with ANY crime!

Trump could shoot someone in the White House and he would not be chargable.

It's the dumbest thing ever thought up by mankind.