Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Frylock said:

Impeach him

Lol

He was already impeached.

Impeachment is toothless.

You can't throw Trump in prison without legal reason and a very very long trial. This is not a banana republic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

He was already impeached.

Impeachment is toothless.

You canct throw Trump in prison without legal reason and a very very long trial.

I wouldn't call barring him from holding any type of political office in the future as useless. It's better than sitting idly by and teaching the cultists that your violent actions don't have consequences. If the president of the united states isn't held accountable, then who is?

28 minutes ago, Jennjenn said:

Pelosi is live right now calling for the immediate removal of Trump. 
And also to the removal of  president of the capitol police 

Wow, she really did say that the event was instigated by Trump and calls for the use of the 25th Amendment. I thought people talking about invoking the 25th Amendment were overreacting, but Nancy Pelosi is in a real position of political power and is making official statements.

We literally just saw a reenactment of the beer hall putsch happen at the behest of a sitting President. Calling for his immediate removal is not an over-reaction.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

5 minutes ago, Anderz said:

Wow, she really did say that the event was instigated by Trump and calls for the use of the 25th Amendment. I thought people talking about invoking the 25th Amendment were overreacting, but Nancy Pelosi is in a real position of political power and is making official statements.

Yes, but they're all too feckless to do anything of any real substance. Just all useless talk till some real action is done. 

Some of the comments I found below these videos about protests in the USA (they're honestly hilarious). 

Screenshot_20210107-203911~2.pngScreenshot_20210107-211118~2.pngScreenshot_20210107-211154~2.png

What do you think about them? 

Edited by somegirl

OMG! What happened yesterday at the Capitol Hill was surreal! However, I have to say that I knew that something like this was going to happened. I was worried that the law enforcement would end up not adequately securing the building and every Congressmen in there against any possible serious threats made by any of the protestors. The military and the police didn’t even do a good enough job with controlling the protesting that happened outside of and around the building. Also, where the hell were the large groups of policemen and the national guard before this crazy shit got totally out of control? Did you guys also see the pics of everyone who vandalized the entire building? Unbelievable!

@Sempiternity Nancy Pelosi said that if the Vice President and the Cabinet do not act and invoke the 25th Amendment, the Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment. I learned that there is a difference between the 25th Amendment and impeachment. But yes, we will see if there will be any real action taken.

2 minutes ago, somegirl said:

I need to share some of the comments I found below these videos about protests in the USA (they're honestly hilarious). 

Screenshot_20210107-203911~2.pngScreenshot_20210107-211118~2.pngScreenshot_20210107-211154~2.png

What do you think about them? 

@somegirl Lol! Reminds me of this one:

EmAwErYXIAEmaBm.jpg

Edit: Just so it's absolutely clear, this article is a 20 year old satirical article by The Onion.

Edited by Peter-Andre

7 minutes ago, Peter-Andre said:

@somegirl Lol! Reminds me of this one:

EmAwErYXIAEmaBm.jpg

Edit: Just so it's absolutely clear, this article is a 20 year old satirical article by The Onion.

Should presidents of these countries now say "If those savages and barbaric people can't get along with each other in the spirit of democracy, we're gonna give them sanctions!" ??

Edited by somegirl

12 minutes ago, Anderz said:

@Sempiternity Nancy Pelosi said that if the Vice President and the Cabinet do not act and invoke the 25th Amendment, the Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment. I learned that there is a difference between the 25th Amendment and impeachment. But yes, we will see if there will be any real action taken.

As we've learned, impeachment means next to nothing. It's just a word that has no actual weight of any kind. Trump could of gotten impeached dozens of times for all the shit he pulled in his term, but even if he did, there would have been zero consequences. 

I appreciate this thread. Thank you @Leo Gura for keeping this place sane.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, Frylock said:

I wouldn't call barring him from holding any type of political office in the future as useless. It's better than sitting idly by and teaching the cultists that your violent actions don't have consequences. If the president of the united states isn't held accountable, then who is?

I doubt it would hold up legally.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

If I were Pence I'd jump at the occasion of becoming President if only for a few weeks.

I hadn't thought of that. Good point. I too could see this happening. It would only be for 12 days or less, but I guess he would still be in the history books as being a U.S. President, if only for a few days. But it would be sweet bragging rights, and a leg up in future runs, like run for president next term. He would throw Trump under the bus in a second for that chance.

Regarding the legality of barring a president from office:

As per constitution: Article I Section VII of the constitution clarifies that removal is not the only punishment impeachment can bring. It reads: “Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.

Congress can’t imprison Trump, yet than can remove and bar him from office. There have been two precedents:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/article-2/section-4/judgment-removal-and-disqualification

Yet keep in mind that this isn’t simply impeachment. It is impeachment in the House PLUS conviction by 2/3 senators. House impeachment is doable, yet conviction in the senate is unlikely, especially as time moves on. Once Trump is out of office, it’s highly unlikely 2/3 senate would vote to convict - unless Trump keeps escalating.

As well, the vast majority of republicans are complicit. Even after this dramatic escalation, only a handful of republicans criticized Trump. 

Thank God they thought about taking the votes with them. 

974814F0-3904-4363-83DA-51C5606EC235.jpeg

7 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Question: What are the downsides of the Left tried to repeat their own version of the Russian Revolution but in the United States?

Sounds appealing but ultimately it won't work.

The is a problem of consciousness. You can't just overthrow that with a revolt. There is no "bad guy" to overthrow per say.

We're talking about systems.

There is a revolution to be had, but it's going to look very different than the ones in the past.

The Russian Revolution could happen because they were overthrowing the Monarchy. It was like what happened in France with the French Revolution. They were acting against a common evil, everybody hated the Monarchy, the system was not good for the people who evolved to a different stage and they didn't want oppression from Kings and Monarchs.

Here the problem is different. A Revolution like that, will be seen as a dictatorship. Now you need a better democratic system than what we actual have to make people accept the changes.

And agreement between all parties, not one party imposing over others, because of the Stages of Spiral Dynamics are different now.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16