Rilles

Trump Supporters Storming The Capitol! - MAGA Coup Mega-Thread

1,050 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Conservatives are gonna fracture now between those who have integrity and those who do not. Those with integrity will stand against Trump. Those without it -- the MAGA crowd -- will go all-in on MAGA since they have cancer of the mind.

I hope this will make them lose a few more elections in the near future. That would be great.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why are you listening to such right-wingers who have clearly demonstrated themselves to spread falsehoods and propaganda?

Do not post random right-wing gossip here.

Otherwise I could post, I've been hearing from some right-wingers that you are a pedophile.

When you try to cast this obviously MAGA movement as somehow caused by communists and Antifa, you instantly discredit yourself. Communists are not contesting the democratic process here, MAGA are. And MAGA will try to blame anyone but themselves for their despicable behavior.

It's simply appearing on my news feed on Facebook from friends as I scroll down. I got some hard-core republican friends among some left and moderate. The whole thing is still developing. There are maga people who are just sitting and not doing anything, but acting more as the cheerleaders for the ones in DC.

The reoublican party has been imploding. They're going after "Trump traitors" too.

Edited by Nyseto

5 minutes ago, Peter-Andre said:

Just for clarification and to avoid misunderstandings: That is not a picture of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. I made that mistake earlier. But it's actually Mike Pence and his wife. I'm not sure what his previous banner picture was.

Anyway what he is tweeting is pretty good and shows a sane person from the right...

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

3 minutes ago, Peter-Andre said:

Just for clarification and to avoid misunderstandings: That is not a picture of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. I made that mistake earlier. But it's actually Mike Pence and his wife. I'm not sure what his previous banner picture was.

Oh my God, you're right. Thank you!  Wow. Perception and suggestion is a funny thing. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 minutes ago, Peter-Andre said:

I hope this will make them lose a few more elections in the near future. That would be great.

Honestly, that split already happened 4 years ago with intelligent conservatives like David Frum, Bill Krystal, Nichol Wallace, Joe Scarborough. They knew right off the bat that Trump was an imposter conservative and they opposed him early on.

But now that time has come for the rest of the conservative base who were not so bright and prescient. Now they must choose between MAGA and democracy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Nyseto said:

It's simply appearing on my news feed on Facebook from friends as I scroll down. I got some hard-core republican friends among some left and moderate. The whole thing is still developing. 

Do not post Facebook gossip here. It is cancer plain and simple and I'm not going to waste my time debunking it point by point. It's pure shit.

McConnell gives a 5 minute speech strongly condemning the insurrection and vows the results will be certified tonight. He didn’t say Trumps’s name or MAGA, yet he seemed to clearly repudiate it. I’ve never seen McConnell put country over party like that. 

8 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

McConnell gives a strong condemnation of the insurrection and vows the results will be certified tonight. I’ve never seen McConnell put country over party like that. 

Good for him. Most Republicans should come to their senses. They kept underestimating Trump's depravity for 4 years. Now they can deny it no longer.

The Republicans have been like that cliche sorcerer in every fantasy RPG game who wants to open a portal to hell to spawn in a demon, thinking he will get to control the demon and it will do his bidding, but of course the demon ends up devouring or possessing him and going on a rampage.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Good for him. Most Republicans should come to their senses. They kept underestimating Trump's depravity for 4 years. Now they can deny it no longer.

The Republicans have been like that socerer in every fantasy RPG game who wants to open a portal to hell to spawn in a demon, thinking they will get to control him and he will do their bidding, but of course the demon ends up devouring them and going on a rampage.

In one your videos a few years back you predicted Trump will destroy the Republican Party. I thought you were being hyperbolic at the time but now it is in plain sight.

Stephanie Grisham, a loyal Trump administration official and Melanie Trump’s chief of staff, just submitted her resigned over the riots at capital hill. Effective immediately

It will be interesting to see who defects and who sticks with MAGA. 

12 minutes ago, abundance said:

In one your videos a few years back you predicted Trump will destroy the Republican Party. I thought you were being hyperbolic at the time but now it is in plain sight.

My fave quote about this is ironically from conservative David Frum:

That's been Frum's pinned Twitter for several years now and it's absolutely gonna come to fruition.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Conservatives are gonna fracture now between those who have integrity and those who do not. Those with integrity will stand against Trump. Those without it -- the MAGA crowd -- will go all-in on MAGA since they have cancer of the mind.

Historically this will be remembered analogous to those who stood against Hitler during his rise and those who denounced him as the devil that he is. Now the line will get very stark.

Well he did say he would drain the swamp, so fair play 

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Stephanie Grisham, a loyal Trump administration official and Melanie Trump’s chief of staff, just submitted her resignation effective immediately. 

It will be interesting to see who defects and how sticks with MAGA. 

There is a serious problem here that if all the people with integrity resign over this, only the biggest devils will remain. That is a very dangerous thing. Once that happens there will be no one to steer the ship away from the mortal blow.

Whoa!!! Loeffler flips and will certify the results. She just gave a speech that she changed her position due to the riot incident.

I wonder if reasonable republicans are putting pressure on defectors to certify. 

6 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura You predicted Trump doing exactly this in your SDi RED video, LOL

It's just basic psychology of the ego. Nothing mysterious about it. The ego is very predictable in its tricks once you study the  ego deeply enough.

When you fully understand the ego-mind, people's behaviors become so predictable. People are like robots that way. Because they are just acting out cravings and fears. Nothing more. A person driven by craving and fear is very predictable. Truly original behavior requires Tier 2 cognitive development. The lower you are on the Spiral the more predictable your behavior is. Like an animal.

Once you become ridiculously conscious your behavior becomes impossible to predict because you're so free, flexible, and creative. Your mind has been jailbroken.

2 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura I think also a major component of today was also far right fringe media.

None of this would have happened without Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. There were always extremists, but never an algorithm to radicalise the majority of the population (including Trump-supporter cultists and anti-Trump-supporter cultists).

8 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

a major component of today was also far right fringe media.

Absolutely!

The last 4 years have created a right-wing MAGA echo-chamber of epic proportions which has rotted the minds of at least 40% of Americans.

This is the real problem. And this problem will not end with Trump's exit. The real problem is confirmation bias thanks to social media of unprecedented scales. People are literally using social media to cherrypick and construct fantastical views of reality, and no one can stop them. Ironically this is a consequence of an increase in democracy.

The democratisation of epistemology is a very dangerous thing when people have no clue what epistemology is. I explain all this in my video: Understanding Democracy:

https://www.actualized.org/articles/understanding-democracy

Ben Sasse now giving a speech about how America is not “Might makes right”. The heart of America is living under god, serving community and maintaining order. Textbook Spiral Dynamics of blue repudiating red.

It’s good to see Pence, McConnell and other republicans condemning what happened. Interesting though to watch the MAGA crowd flip and call them traitors.

It’s like they created a cult, but even the leaders have lost control. I wonder what would happened if Trump came out and said the election was legitimate. Would his own people even listen?