Shunyata

How to stop wanting to have an experience in the outer world

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys 

it's very well known that on this path it's necessary to not have an appetite for outer experience.  How does one fix oneself if one still wants to have something on their ego? Subconsciously even for most. 

Stay cool & dry.

Experience a samadhi.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Wanting things usually has to do with a seed experience, a moment in which you thought something would be really cool and would give you something if you had it. If you can revisit those experiences, re-examine them with a more mature mind, then you can see how pointless and lacking in importance they are, and you will find the desire dies. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

What's wrong with wanting to experience life, lol? 

@Nahm will help clear this up for you. 

The goal is not to deny life, but instead to live life from your heart & live a life you love. 

Start with a dreamboard, and go from there! 

Remember, it is a celebration, do what YOU Want, not what you think you're supposed to do.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

"Outer world" is relative. This is an outer world already.

unborn Truth

@Shunyata

There is no outer world/experience. It's all one (a.k.a. Non-duality). Relatively speaking, there is no problem with wanting something if it feels good, if you don't have neediness to it. This is the endless process of creation, listen to Abraham Hicks on YT to the rescue.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@allislove yeah, but I think I was trying to talk about getting rid of neediness? Like a romantic partner 

Stay cool & dry.

13 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

@allislove yeah, but I think I was trying to talk about getting rid of neediness? Like a romantic partner 

Getting rid of neediness is a neediness by itself. Listen to AH, it should be all clear at some point. Namaste.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

5 hours ago, Shunyata said:

Isn't Love the answer? Cancels out neediness, co-dependency. Like in a loving relationship you set each other free, instead of shackling with neediness. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)