Husseinisdoingfine

Why do some many involved in spirituality revert back to Christianity?

60 posts in this topic

@nitramadas Banned for consistently inflammatory posting style.

I'm not gonna put up with that shit here.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Well, I have noticed that people who go from New Age to Christianity, justify their transition by claiming they had an actual experience of seeing and receiving a blessing from Jesus himself while being "sober". They also claim that if you pray and believe in Jesus he will reveal himself to you.

So could this be an awakening experience that's being misinterpreted?

@Leo Gura If reality is imaginary, are you implying that believing in any fantasy for long enough will actually result it being displayed in your direct experience? (In this case, seeing Jesus). 

On 06/01/2021 at 8:03 PM, Dino D said:

Because its the truth 

Or maybe they get lost and scared, they (their ego) then climbe to the strongest belief system to get grounded... They like the father figure and given set of rules, the sin and redemption concept also binds you, everybody has conscience, and feels guilty, new age tells thet everything is ok, all is love, but religion says cheating, killing is a sin, so many here still feel the guilt, and they need something to atone for it

New age is a long proces of endless, never ending cleansing, heeling, and ,,going deeper" for something that is not even trully broken and what allready is it... Just one more trio, retreat, book, technique and so on, never ending... Never there, and on the way people just get sick and deprest (very often)

You get empty, depressed, no meining and purpose... 

Jesus fixes all of that on a level that works for humans that get lost searching... They are maybe even some dimensional superpowers conected to his soul of being of Jesus, why would the energy of a drug be better then the soul or energy of Jesus, drugs arent the only way 

Why cant we be so openmimded to belive that praying to Jesus or to others''' could do stronger things then LSD or DMT... Everything is possible (open your mind) only not the powers of Jesus?

The bible is is much more powerfull then just a todays book, dont underestimate the deep knowladge and spiritual power in those lines... And so on... Thats why and many more...

Haha you're funny, barring 18 spelling mistakes.

On 09/01/2021 at 0:12 AM, Gesundheit said:

The tragedy of open-mindedness is that the ones who think they have it, don't.

True.PNG

On 1/5/2021 at 9:56 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Why do some many involved in spirituality revert back to Christianity?

Also, what are there so many people whom report having their lives ruined by New Age? How to avoid this? And why is it always Christianity they revert back to and not, let’s say, Secular Humanism?

This video is a good example in regard to the sticking power of Christianity. Check out the comments. Notice how many kids of single digit ages are believing what he’s saying and following. What chance to kids have against this guy. He looks like John Ham, has the glow of Fred Rogers, and lies through his teeth better than Bill Clinton while looking straight into the camera as handsome as Jesus himself. This is often in additional to God’s parents telling God he or she is a sinner, God is separate and judging God, and that God will go to a heaven or hell for eternity when God dies. It’s sort of bizarre Youtube still supports this. 

Staying clear of the new age trap is much easier. Don’t use the term “new age”. It’s a self blanking cover up. Like “Christian”. 

Meditate. Straight to the source. The love is here now. For every one.  

My Website: ActualityOfBeing.com Meditations, helpful tools, and private online sessions for spiritual guidance, awakening, and creating the life you dream of. 

My Youtube Channel: Actuality Of Being Insights, exercises & guidance into the actuality of being and creating your own reality. 

maybe just maybe (for me ofcourse) it will be like coming home again? misticism, esotericsm ftw!!!!

Edited by blackchair

On 1/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, gggkkk said:

@Leo Gura If reality is imaginary, are you implying that believing in any fantasy for long enough will actually result it being displayed in your direct experience? (In this case, seeing Jesus). 

No, it's not so simple. There are layers to imagination which ego does not control. No matter how much you imagine yourself to be a kangaroo you will not turn into a kangaroo.

But if you were more conscious, you could. But you ain't that conscious and probably never will be in this life. Because humans have very limited imagination. The deeper layers of imagination are only open to radical states of consciousness. This is for your safety.

Notice that when you are dreaming, you can become a kangaroo. Because your consciousness is more open and fluid.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The deeper layers of imagination are only open to radical states of consciousness. This is for your safety.

yes.

chrstianity have many levels. the lost teaching of jesus claims that chrstianity has different degrees. Jesus claims that people would fall into doctrines of errors. I believe cosmic Christianity only leads to you God. I develop my own version of stages of christ awakening. if you want to know them contact me. 

Noticed only after it was let go that because of being raised Christian that I didn't form the same views or beliefs of myself as other people did. Death wasn't my main fear, "hell" and the sense of being bad and the concept of the Devil there to cover over the reality of suffering was the worst thing ever for me. Even when I let go of the religion in my mind this was buried deep and still driving thoughts and behaviors. 

I think that's why people return, because of the same fear/ seeking security movement. Christianity reframes death and does offer people a relief of the fear of death. It's just that some another duality takes it's place. So then the life/death duality isn't the stickiest thing, it's good/bad. Of course those are inseparable, just based on the sense of I and the world duality, ultimately. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The spiritual realm (or new age if you want) can be quite powerful. There are several thousands of different spiritual realms wich can be experienced. If the ego has been indoctrinated by religion, it will alot of times interpret the experiences in it's previously hold religious beliefs. The ego-mind is a sneaky beast.

I did the same thing, began praying a lot etc, basically got back to my previous religion. It lasted some time then I left again, I understood that the experiences meant other things, I got more aligned with the non-dual approach etc. 

5 minutes ago, Kalo said:

The ego-mind is a sneaky beast.

Omg yes. Thank God for the body / love, and suffering. Little chance waking up without it. (Insert implication of humor here as needed.) 

My Website: ActualityOfBeing.com Meditations, helpful tools, and private online sessions for spiritual guidance, awakening, and creating the life you dream of. 

My Youtube Channel: Actuality Of Being Insights, exercises & guidance into the actuality of being and creating your own reality. 

On 1/6/2021 at 11:54 AM, SgtPepper said:

As to why people attack New Age, I personally did not react this way, but I understand it because I think many New Agers (Not all) are led to believe false spiritual truths which can be traumatic; for example, believing in magic, future telling, and/or numerology. 

Lol, what.

1. Magick is real.

2. Believing in resurrection and the laws of physics not working is more traumatic than believing in magick.

3 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Lol, what.

1. Magick is real.

2. Believing in resurrection and the laws of physics not working is more traumatic than believing in magick.

1. Believe what you want to believe. I personally don't think a clock hitting 11:11 means anything and it can easily lead to falsehood. Synchronicities happen, but it's a slippery slope.

Magick is real, but not all are useful. So I practice the magic of prayer; however, am I going to base my life off of Tarot cards? or the prediction of some lady in a shady town? No, and I would not recommend people to do so. 

I go straight to the source and pray what brings me to Love.

2. All resurrection is saying is that individuals of earth die and go to heaven; which is just another way of saying, people die and then become awakened to Truth. 

On 1/8/2021 at 4:22 AM, nitramadas said:

You say you experienced God, but you still believe it's a separate entity from you, as Christianity teaches? 

Yes & No. It's a paradox. An ego is by definition is separate from God because it exists in the context of being separated.

The model of Christianity or really any other religion with its morals, allows a path for the ego to reconcile with the true nature of God, which is Love; that path allows you to be a Son of God (or Daughter). A Son of God is by definition one with the Father which allows earth and heaven to be one. This is why the trinity is special because it goes beyond duality, and its why Christians are interested in becoming Christ-like.

All a Christian is at its core, is a person who sees the teachings of Jesus as True and follows it at heart. Everything else @nitramadas said was more about him then Christianity itself.

The biggest mistake people make about Christianity is:

1. They think a pastor in southern US who has spent no time meditating or contemplating represents Christianity.

2. They do not read about Jesus and Christian mystics like saints and monks who better represent what Christianity is about.

3. They do not read the Bible with an open mind.

I'd also like to clarify that I value other religions. I own the Quran, I own the Gita, and I love studying Rumi and Ibn Arabi. I still do yoga.

At some point it's like arguing what's better Psilocybin or LSD? They will both get you to heaven.

Edited by SgtPepper

One obvious reason people revert, at least in the US, is because Christianity still has most of the infrastructure.   In any city, it is possible to select from one of many churches and join a community.   The New Age is run as a business and tends to be transactional in nature, you pay as you go.  You may end up not having any community to join.   Religion is a social institution that brings people together.  People are not meant to live alone.  Also, paying for love doesn’t work.

Also when you are indoctrinated when you are young, the programming goes deep and you can never fully get rid of it.    I was raised Christian.  Even though I am basically a Buddhist now, when I take psychedelics I frequently go into experiences with Christian metaphors.  The psychedelics have actually shown me how the doctrine, which I previously though irrational, makes perfect sense as one possible model of how the mind works.   

Suffering is the origin of consciousness.  - Dostoevsky

I think one of the reasons is that they never actually left Christianity. You can leave a religion but if you grew up with those beliefs, or even if your parents/grandparents had those beliefs, you'll still have them in your subconscious even if you consciously don't believe in that stuff any more. Fear of spending an eternity in a lake of fire is a strong motivation to be a christian. I believe, that's what keeps many people going to church even when they are not that interested in spirituality.

On the other hand it's also a comforting belief system. You basically don't need to deal with your existential issues - just pray, be a good person, follow the rules and after this life you're set for eternity.

On 2021-1-30 at 3:14 AM, Blackbeat said:

Haha you're funny, barring 18 spelling mistakes.

So if you spell something wrong, your point is wrong...

My native language is croatian, so if you like we can speak croatian and I will spell it right for you... And I will attack your spelling in the croatian language

They have no frickin idea. Just being brainwashed. A lala land story.