Husseinisdoingfine

Why do some many involved in spirituality revert back to Christianity?

60 posts in this topic

Also, what are there so many people whom report having their lives ruined by New Age? How to avoid this? And why is it always Christianity they revert back to and not, let’s say, Secular Humanism?

''To be happy we must not be too concerned with others''.

Albert Camus

Because its the truth 

Or maybe they get lost and scared, they (their ego) then climbe to the strongest belief system to get grounded... They like the father figure and given set of rules, the sin and redemption concept also binds you, everybody has conscience, and feels guilty, new age tells thet everything is ok, all is love, but religion says cheating, killing is a sin, so many here still feel the guilt, and they need something to atone for it

New age is a long proces of endless, never ending cleansing, heeling, and ,,going deeper" for something that is not even trully broken and what allready is it... Just one more trio, retreat, book, technique and so on, never ending... Never there, and on the way people just get sick and deprest (very often)

You get empty, depressed, no meining and purpose... 

Jesus fixes all of that on a level that works for humans that get lost searching... They are maybe even some dimensional superpowers conected to his soul of being of Jesus, why would the energy of a drug be better then the soul or energy of Jesus, drugs arent the only way 

Why cant we be so openmimded to belive that praying to Jesus or to others''' could do stronger things then LSD or DMT... Everything is possible (open your mind) only not the powers of Jesus?

The bible is is much more powerfull then just a todays book, dont underestimate the deep knowladge and spiritual power in those lines... And so on... Thats why and many more...

I'm not aware of anyone that has attained enlightenment, and subsequently reverted to Christianity, or any other formal belief system. Maybe they had an awakening experience, but that is usually temporary, and people can fall asleep again.

Enlightenment is entirely nonconceptual. You can still have preferences for belief systems, ideologies, and political perspectives, but you don't take any of it too seriously. Why would you, when you realize who You actually are?

Because reality is imaginary. If you aren't conscious of this, you will buy into whatever reality your culture pushed you to imagine.

Every Christian has been indoctrinated into Christianity. No exceptions. Where else would such ideas come from? They can only ever be fantasy.

Since your mind constructs reality, whatever you buy into deeply enough will become your reality because you are God.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

was going through his other videos.  such a waste of mushrooms...

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Posted (edited)

I could relate with this topic because in a way that has happened to me.

I do identify as Christian, specifically with the Catholic tradition.

I believe these conversions happen because most of the reverters or converts grew up with Christianity in their households, as did I. I was raised catholic and am confirmed, so I chose Christianity because I am familiar with it and it is simpler for me to attach to, then say Hinduism.

During my adolescents I was a edgy atheist, but slowly I became agnostic, and then enough psychedelics experiences led me to awakening to God. 

Intuitively, I know what God is, but my mind is restless and wants to understand with Truth with concepts. I found that Christianity had the best model/map for understanding God, human beings, our relationship, and nature. I also find teachings in the Bible to have Universal Truth, relatable stories.

As to why people attack New Age, I personally did not react this way, but I understand it because I think many New Agers (Not all) are led to believe false spiritual truths which can be traumatic; for example, believing in magic, future telling, and/or numerology. 

While I do not discount the potentiality of future telling, I do not have faith in any of those things because they can easily lead to falsehood, I believed this even before I chose to identify as Christian, and not because of the Bible; which further solidified my belief that the Bible has practical and helpful truths.

Joseph Campbell explains succinctly why anyone adopts a religion.

Edited by SgtPepper

@Tim R I mean growth is relative and not linear/unidirectional as the model suggests. What is perceived as higher consciousness by Leo is not the same higher consciousness perceived by Jordan Peterson. They're two false perceptions for two different agendas.

@Husseinisdoingfine chrstianity has the best framework model to apporch to God. that is thousands of years inquiry to Sprituality and God, by trail and error, and have found, how to access God. 

20 hours ago, Dino D said:

Because its the truth 

Or maybe they get lost and scared, they (their ego) then climbe to the strongest belief system to get grounded... They like the father figure and given set of rules, the sin and redemption concept also binds you, everybody has conscience, and feels guilty, new age tells thet everything is ok, all is love, but religion says cheating, killing is a sin, so many here still feel the guilt, and they need something to atone for it

chrstianity not only gives you Sprituality but life. having community and finding Spritual brothers and sisters isn't easy thing. sin, morality, everthing is necessary, it is what we call trap of self actualization here, on the other spectrum. if you violate self actualization principle you wouldn't actualize yourself, the Same is true for chrstianity. 

22 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

chrstianity has the best framework model to apporch to God.

Lolz

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

I think the biggest problem is using your methods or religion to devaluate others. Makes zero sense to me.

I'm an ex-muslim. Done lots of psychedelics, shaktipat and energy transmissions. If I hear a muslim call to prayer my Kundalini starts flowing like a madman. I've always felt connected to Jesus. So I pray to him these days. On my knees. Through "Him" i reach the Atman. Or rather the Atman reaches me. 

What do you think about my story? Lots of different terminologies. Not necessarily identified with any of them. Our methods are part of our fantasies. Our fantastic minds are deeply hardwired through fantasy and can reach Truth through fantasy. Don't underestimate the power of prayer.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lolz

as for me chrstianity is the best perfect religion, a way of life. even though I realized I am God, I live as servival machine in the mind. a deep Spritual, moral, dogma, habit is required to simulate the higher Spritual consciousness as everyday life. the rules and principles doesn't change, but can be used as a Meta framework. for example when the bible said "don't kill" for low consciousness people's , it means physical killing but when taken by higher consciousness people's it means also don't kill their ego, thier sense of identity. but if you kill thier ego and said they are unconscious devils and hurt them, you have killed their ego, you are commiting the same crime at different levels. all our ego are on different parts, all commandments, all principles can only be taken as meta view when person is growing. saying chrstian are devils is the same as saying Leo teaching is a devillry. 

@Visionary

"Don't underestimate the power of prayer." 

exactly. while you pray you commune with entire existence. as the universe is one. 

Edited by Conscious life
missing sentence

I am hard pressed to find any truth in Christianity that wasn't already realized by the Vedic gurus in 1500 BC. However, there is a multitude of falsehoods, not to mention atrocities, that have been perpetuated in the name of Christianity. If people would stick with the actual teachings of Jesus, instead of forming religions around them, they would more readily realize the meaning of the Kingdom of God.

As Aldous Huxley found in The Perennial Philosophy, the same core truths appear in every age and civilization:

• There is an infinite, changeless reality beneath the world of change
  • This same reality lies at the core of every personality
  • The purpose of life is to discover this reality experientially, that is, to realize God while here on earth

ego backlash probably

"If you showed a caveman our technology, he would think it was magic. And if you showed a modern man magic, he would think it was technology." - Outlast (video game)

Mystical experiences are not bound to Spiral Dynamics. It's easy to cling to Christianity once you have had a deeply spiritual experience -- assuming your mind's structure is compatible enough. These people are genuinely having mystical experiences, but the mind is molesting them, filtering the awakening.

Let's get this life purpose going!

www.vladimirhlocky.com

🪐

lmao, what a trainwreck this thread is..

On 06/01/2021 at 4:54 PM, SgtPepper said:

During my adolescents I was a edgy atheist, but slowly I became agnostic, and then enough psychedelics experiences led me to awakening to God. 

Intuitively, I know what God is, but my mind is restless and wants to understand with Truth with concepts. I found that Christianity had the best model/map for understanding God, human beings, our relationship, and nature. I also find teachings in the Bible to have Universal Truth, relatable stories.

You say you experienced God, but you still believe it's a separate entity from you, as Christianity teaches?  Christianity has no interest, whatsoever, in teaching you anything.  You know what it does have an interest in?  Its own survival.  That's why it still exists.  If you start a thousand cults, which ones are gonna stick around the longest?  It's gonna be the ones that prioritize survival, especially the ones that focus on it exclusively.  And are your interests aligned with the survival of some cult?  Well, if you had to ensure its survival, what tactics could you resort to?  And you think the people in power thousands of years ago were more moral than people today?  lol, I wouldn't trust the morals of what people write on this enlightenment forum.

On 07/01/2021 at 5:53 AM, Conscious life said:

chrstianity has the best framework model to apporch to God. that is thousands of years inquiry to Sprituality and God, by trail and error, and have found, how to access God. 

If you're gonna say something as crazy as.. that, you might wanna at least put the bare minimum of effort in.  Why should anyone take the time to reply to a careless post like that?  If this is the standard of this forum.. how the hell can it claim to live up to its name?

On 07/01/2021 at 6:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

Lolz

Yes.

On 07/01/2021 at 7:19 AM, Conscious life said:

when the bible said "don't kill" for low consciousness people's , it means physical killing but when taken by higher consciousness people's it means also don't kill their ego, thier sense of identity.

And when The Great Dynamic Spiral said "you will ascend, and you will turn Turquoiser and Turquoiser until you've lived 5000 lifetimes and are ready for the title of ..Guru!" for idiots, it meant that, with each incarnation, your body will become increasingly Turquoise until your skin is #40E0D0.  If you have Turquoise eyes, it is a sign that you're close.  But for.. "other" individuals, ones who could, indeed, even be mistaken for yours truly himself, those at the uppermost sections of the topmost echelons of the highest IQ bearing, most highly esteemed and valued members of the exclusive Actualized 2.0 club, for these special members, it means that you gain wisdom with time spent in life.

You're also confusing ego with identity.  Completely different things.  This is all primary-school stuff dude, didn't your Enlightenment teacher explain all this?  

On 07/01/2021 at 7:19 AM, Conscious life said:

but if you kill thier ego and said they are unconscious devils and hurt them, you have killed their ego, you are commiting the same crime at different levels.

lol, if only it were that easy to kill the ego.  "if you kill their ego and hurt them, you have killed their ego."  This might just be my favorite quote of the ENTIRE year.  It's so cute and innocent, lmfao.  P-Please hurt me.. 

Maybe not everyone needs to be Turquoise.

all our ego are on different parts, all commandments, all principles can only be taken as meta view when person is growing. 

Uh.. I guess that's one way to word a question..  

"..can only be taken as meta view when person is growing. "

So you're saying..  ONLY during one's transition between stages (so 24/7) can a person see themselves from an objective point of view?

Great thread you guys have here..

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

On 6.1.2021 at 5:45 PM, Gesundheit said:

Because Spiral Dynamics is false.

No you :P 

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

Mystical experiences are not bound to Spiral Dynamics. It's easy to cling to Christianity once you have had a deeply spiritual experience -- assuming your mind's structure is compatible enough. These people are genuinely having mystical experiences, but the mind is molesting them, filtering the awakening.

Indeed, the connotation between stage Blue, waking up, and getting molested has been known for quite some time now.  Though, most of the members on this forum seem to just turn a blind eye to it.  It's good to see others starting to spread awareness too now.  All this molestation I constantly see on the forum has to stop, it's wrong!

(And don't forget the truth behind the Actualized logo.. wait.. holy shit! He actually changed it LMFAO, omg I hadn't realized it actually got to him.. damn)

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.