Egodeathrow

Since the universe is infinite will it ever reach infinite acceleration?

7 posts in this topic

Since the universe seems to be expanding at an exponential rate won't it keep speeding up getting infinitely close to infinity? I am thinking if it every got closer to infinity it would eventually merge with infinity itself or as Leo calls the godhead. I am thinking this partially on contemplation on Leo's why is there something than Something rather than Nothing video since that comment about the circle with 0 diameter collapsing in on itself to create a sphere of infinite radius in all directions, That really made me comprehend really well how and why this reality really is infinite, I am thinking the universe that the materialist paradigm study's would eventually have to merge with the entire infinity because it will become irresistible for the universe to just go completely formless,Or will it just go really close in a relative sense to the entire infinity? Am I thinking in the right direction?

No, don't confuse Infinity for infinite acceloration. Acceloration is still a finite notion.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 05/01/2021 at 9:55 PM, Egodeathrow said:

Since the universe seems to be expanding at an exponential rate won't it keep speeding up getting infinitely close to infinity? 

Did you get this from an astronomy source? I'm rather out of date, but thought that the universe is expanding at the speed of light, a constant value, as light is the fastest thing. Light doesn't accelerate or decelerate does it? Instead, if there's a black hole situation, or other high gravity, it gets red shifted and time dilated to lose energy. But I’m open to new knowledge. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

In the ancient texts, the universe is described as infinitely creating and destroying itself. This is considered plausible, but not indisputable, by science. 

The Day of Brahma ends after a thousand yugas and the Night of Brahma ends after a thousand yugas. When the day of Brahma dawns, forms are brought forth from the Unmanifest; when the night of Brahma comes, these forms merge in the Formless again. This multitude of beings is created and destroyed again and again in the succeeding days and nights of Brahma. But beyond this formless state there is another, unmanifested reality, which is eternal and is not dissolved when the cosmos is destroyed.

The universe is only relative reality. Ultimately, there is no time, no space, no change, and no motion. However, all of it, including relative reality, is still reality.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

31 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

Did you get this from an astronomy source? I'm rather out of date, but thought that the universe is expanding at the speed of light, a constant value, as light is the fastest thing. Light doesn't accelerate or decelerate does it? Instead, if there's a black hole situation, or other high gravity, it gets red shifted and time dilated to lose energy. But I’m open to new knowledge. 

The speed of light is the limit of any object travelling through space. Indeed, any object with mass would require an infinite amount of energy to reach the speed of light, though some can come quite close. The speed of light varies depending on the medium it is passing through, though people usually refer to a vacuum when discussing the speed of light.

The universe itself does not have any such speed limit, so the rate of expansion of the universe is much faster than the speed of light, and it is accelerating due to the unknown force of dark energy. It's long-term fate is unclear.

Current scientific thinking predicts a 'heat death' where all energy is expended and all life ceases. Some spiritual texts predict that at some point the universe will begin a collapse before bouncing back as a new universe, like a very large lung breathing.

On 1/6/2021 at 8:55 AM, Egodeathrow said:

infinitely close to infinity?

There's no such thing as close to infinity. Something is either infinite or it's finite.