Adamq8

What do you think really happens when we die?

45 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

Some people/religions assume there is a reincarnation loop, that only ends with enlightenment.
Other people/religions assume there is an afterlife, an earthly heaven with trees flowers etc, or an multiple astrals.
A different interpretation is a formless pure light/love interpretation of becoming God.

I really really hope that none of those is the case. It seems to me that death is simply the cessation of every "thing". I'm okay with that. I am also not sure about the no-thing-ness. Because as far as I saw into it, life is a dream, and waking up from the illusion by dying might mean that there is a "place" with more substance. Maybe ego death is not the same as actual dying. However it's just a memory for me.

As far as my interpretation goes is that this pure consciousness incarnates again and again, but does my perspective incarnate? I don't think so, and hope this isn't the case. A drop goes into the ocean and an after being mixed up an other drop is born out of the ocean. So consciousness reincarnates, but not perspectives.

Some people claim that after death we can decide to come back or not.

I would love to hear the interpretation of someone who considers himself enlightened enough to get it.

Yes, this religious view of: your soul reincarnates multiple times to learn diferent lessons... loses its sense when your memories of lessons are lost with the death of the brain.

I mean, your consciousness lives lessons, personalities, perspectives... for nothing? unless the akashic records exisist and they arent lost. 

Edited by Rajneeshpuram

@Adamq8 Metaphysical discussions are interesting, but they are rarely enlightening. 9_9

The subconscious mind is where it's at. I like Aldous Huxley's comparison to a reducing valve that restricts consciousness. There is vast knowledge under the surface, but the subconscious is reluctant to let us access it.

I think one of the reasons our brains evolved this way is to protect us. If we had conscious access to everything we know, most of us would be completely overwhelmed, and unable to function. Especially when it comes to traumatic experiences, which the brain prefers to keep safely hidden, until we are ready to deal with them.

vault.jpg

On a metaphysical level, I think the locking of the vault, and jailbreaking it, is the game that Consciousness likes to play. There are vaults, within vaults, within vaults. Psychedelics can be a code to getting in. Meditation can take you even deeper. All of our attachments are tucked away there, and we cannot dissolve them, until we are able to reach them. A rare few, like the Buddha, have reached the deepest level, where identity itself dissolves, and there is only unconditional Consciousness. That is ultimate freedom.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

20 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@Adamq8 Metaphysical discussions are interesting, but they are rarely enlightening. 9_9

The subconscious mind is where it's at. I like Aldous Huxley's comparison to a reducing valve that restricts consciousness. There is vast knowledge under the surface, but the subconscious is reluctant to let us access it.

I think one of the reasons our brains evolved this way is to protect us. If we had conscious access to everything we know, most of us would be completely overwhelmed, and unable to function. Especially when it comes to traumatic experiences, which the brain prefers to keep safely hidden, until we are ready to deal with them.

vault.jpg

On a metaphysical level, I think the locking of the vault, and jailbreaking it, is the game that Consciousness likes to play. There are vaults, within vaults, within vaults. Psychedelics can be a code to getting in. Meditation can take you even deeper. All of our attachments are tucked away there, and we cannot dissolve them, until we are able to reach them. A rare few, like the Buddha, have reached the deepest level, where identity itself dissolves, and there is only unconditional Consciousness. That is ultimate freedom.

Yeah sounds legit,  vaults within vaults really speak to me and ive had experiences which shows that it just keeps going in an endless holographic fractal. 

I do feel that the brain is programed in this way just so we can have this experience we are having now.

The brain is more like an point which focuses awareness in a particular way.

But it contains everything else inside of it but it is restricted from our concious awareness in order to live life this way.

Change the chemistry and you have an different experience and focus.

But the interconnectedness of all things is extremely complex.

But it originates from the Absolute. 

Creative power and imagination.

Mind is Conciousness and conciousness is Mind.

It is the creative part of conciousness. 

Conciousness is an blank canvas which Mind can paint upon and there is no difference between imagination and actuality when you reach the GOD head.

And mind is not a brain, mind is nothing and substanceless.

The blueprint of matter and body's comes from the idea in gods mind.

Just like an oak tree is within the seed before it manifests, it is the same with our universe, it is an idea.

The brain restricts down infinity to this right here right now.

But I think creation is nothing but desires. 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

5 hours ago, RedLine said:

If I ask you what are you gonna lunch tomorow, it doesn´t make sense you use that kind of Nothing/Absolute explanation: tomorrow is a tought, so an ilusion; lunch is an illusion and so on. You answer what you are gonna lunch or you answer "I don´t know" I you haven´t plan it yet. 

However, when someone ask the death question, many of you use that kind of advaita-vedanta anwer. Wouldn´t it be more honest to just say "I don´t know"?

There is no tomorrow. There is no such a thing as “I”. The “monkey mind” has never existed. So if it doesn’t talk what is left? Do you think launch is a “launch”? How do you know it is a launch? Is it your direct experience or “launch” is a word that something you have learned, as “you”, as “death”? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

4 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

The brain is more like an point which focuses awareness in a particular way.

But it contains everything else inside

I don't think that the brain contains anything, rather it restricts. creates a barrier to limit perception to form. ever with psychedelics have you had the vision or the memory of yourself with less than 2 years of age? to be with hardly any form, pure being. From there, the mind defines and limits reality, until we get to the point of beginning to de-define and de-limit to regain access to that essence but with a developed mind. It is difficult because the two things do not coexist comfortably

Edited by Breakingthewall