Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

DMSA/ALA Questions

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, few questions over a DMSA/ALA detox:

1. I have been storing DMSA/ALA at room temperature for the past 3 months or so. Which is 10 degrees celsius to 35 degrees celsius (50F to 95F). I just saw that the packaging said to store the tablets below 25 degrees celsius (77F). I've just put them in the fridge yet they haven't been stored below 25 degrees celsius. 
  2. I unwrapped the packaging of the ALA(not DMSA) to see what was inside. I noticed that there is a large oxygen absorber. I've had these tablets unsealed (with the lid on) for the past 3-4 months.

Considering 1 and 2, is it safe for me to do a heavy metal detox with them?

Furthermore:

a) I'm not even sure if heavy metals are the cause of my problems. I have a huge intuition that detoxing rather than food is gonna provide me with deep health benefits, but I'm not hugely in love with the idea of heavy metal detoxing. I'm also getting urges to try ancient shamanic detox protocols too and not necessarily heavy metals(but also not against it). How do I test the detox to see if it provides benefits without getting too deep into it? My body has been behaving super weirdly for the past 4 months(symptoms of degenerative nervous system diseases) and I'd love to be able to test to see if I get more fucked up before its too late. Did Andy Cutler mention that in his book and I just overlooked it?

b) What's the go with taking psychedelics along with ALA and DMSA. I'm aware that SSRI's and psychedelics are BAD(have no idea why), are ALA and DMSA in the same category? The psyches I usually take every couple of months or so is syrian rue (RIMA inhibitor) and DMT.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it!

There is no accurate way to test if you have heavy metal toxicity other than experiment with the protocol and see if you do react to it. Do some provocation rounds at maybe 12,5mg or 25mg ALA, and see if you have a reaction to it. If you do, that is heavy metals being redistributed. 

Why do you think you might have heavy metal toxicity? 

And realise that if this is what is causing your health issues, you are in for a long ride. Feeling better is gonna take months and years depending on how high your toxicity is.

What are your specific symptoms and what have you tried already? 

6 hours ago, electroBeam said:

) I'm not even sure if heavy metals are the cause of my problems

why not start with polishing your diet, sleep, recovery and exercise routine before you embark on a detox protocol. I recall we talked about this before and that there was room for improvement :)

If none of that helps, then look further but make sure you are not missing anything obvious such as being deficient in calories, protein, iron, glucose etc

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, JonasVE12 said:

What are your specific symptoms and what have you tried already? 

I've tried a bunch of natural based detoxes in the past.

My symptoms:

1. Lack of focus/ADHD like symptoms.

2. Short term memory loss and delayed recall of long term memory.

3. Zoning out too much.

4. Lack of speed in solving mental based problems.

5. Motor control deterioration of coordination.

6. Failure to initiate start of motor movements/temporary motor control paralysis.

7. Swallowing paralysis. 

8. Cramps(i take iron and magnesium tablets everyday at the direction of my healthcare practitioner)

9. Sore joints and ligaments when moving arms and legs.

Issues have been mild past 1 year, but got worse recently(last 2 weeks).

25 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

why not start with polishing your diet, sleep, recovery and exercise routine before you embark on a detox protocol. I recall we talked about this before and that there was room for improvement :)

If none of that helps, then look further but make sure you are not missing anything obvious such as being deficient in calories, protein, iron, glucose etc

Yep been working with a natural health professional for the past month on those issues. Its as far as I can go with them. My brain fog, ADHD, motor control impairment and lack of focus are caused by things beyond the basics. My health professional wants to put me on natural based detoxes, yet I've tried the very ones in the past(without a professional, just following it myself) with no real results and just frustration. 

Im not super excited by the idea of using a dye for radioactivity to solve health issues, yet I feel cornered to give it a shot as the natural methods arent powerful/effective enough.

Edited by electroBeam

@Michael569 I find keeping up with minerals & vitamins in food very overwhelming, is there table or image that lists foods that contain most essential thing for energy, cognition.  

e.g > Table :

CHOLINE/OMEGAS/IRON/VITIMIN X Y Z/

FOOD A / FOOD B / FOOD C /FOOD D 

Edited by Striving for more