Nyseto

Let's be honest here...enlightenment is a fancy word for true happiness.

9 posts in this topic

Enlightenment is nothing new. Seriously, when you're enlightened, you feel like your 5 year old self again. You are that which you seek. And what do you seek above all? Happiness. Therefore happiness is you. When it first hit me, my first thought was where the FUCK have I been all this time. Enlightenment is this seamless moment. Don't think about it, be it. Relax AS it. 

It is complete not knowing. The only thing you know is that you don't know. However, finding enlightenment is only the beginning of the end. Truth is not something that comes and goes. Your identity is what comes and goes. The good thing is that the more you see it, the less you can unsee it. What has happened is you've made such a habit of thinking there is something deeper than this moment that it has become your default way of life like a metastatic tumor that has been dwelling inside of you moment to moment at the center of all your inner turmoil. 

Like Rupert Spira has said, "Beauty is the recognition that objects aren't objects. Love is the recognition that others aren't others."

“There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment.” –Nisargadatta Maharaj

Edited by Nyseto

Amazing! Interesting perspective. Do you live in the moment a lot or are there still a lot of thoughts? Do you feel resistance sometimes towards feelings or situations in life?

9 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Amazing! Interesting perspective. Do you live in the moment a lot or are there still a lot of thoughts? Do you feel resistance sometimes towards feelings or situations in life?

Do I feel resistance? Sometimes. The important thing to notice is that you already are living in the moment but it's your mind that's gone somewhere in lala land. That resistance is like a cancer begging you to give it some attention, to rub a little ointment on it. Thoughts come knocking on your door as friends but you refuse to answer. Not because you hate them, but because you know they're stale. There's only a lot of thoughts if I'm caught in them. Gradually they disappear.

The moments when I feel the greatest resistance are the moments when I am being tested. See, resistance doesn't always come as just resistance. It also comes as resistance to resistance. There is no resistance whatsoever. That resistance has nothing to do with the contents. It's a resistance to the entire moment that saying YES to instead is what's important. It's just a loving "fuck it" and you're just in love with mystery. Because that's what you and life is: a total fucking mystery and it's great!

Edited by Nyseto

You can be enlightened and experience negative emotions, stress and even suffering. Enlightenment is not true happiness and there are many depths you can reach.

56 minutes ago, Vittorio said:

You can be enlightened and experience negative emotions, stress and even suffering. Enlightenment is not true happiness and there are many depths you can reach.

Well what I mean by true happiness is the acceptance of negative emotions, stress, and suffering. Like Eckhart Tolle says, when you have a negative emotion ask yourself, "Can I live with this forever?" Then see what happens to the emotion

What is anger when you don't label it? What is sadness when you don't label it? It's just raw energy. At the core of all emotions is love and peace.

Edited by Nyseto

59 minutes ago, Nyseto said:

Like Rupert Spira has said, "Beauty is the recognition that objects aren't objects. Love is the recognition that others aren't others."

YES

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'm still trying to understand the meaning of that scene in Fight Club, anyone care to shed some light?

11 minutes ago, Pernani said:

I'm still trying to understand the meaning of that scene in Fight Club, anyone care to shed some light?

The fear he is experiencing is his mind coming to an end (premature enlightenment) and he's trying to escape the painful present somewhere off into his head. Tyler on the other hand hits him and says THIS is the reality, feel THIS. "This is the greatest moment of your life and you're off somewhere in la la land." In the end he says we don't need God because we essentially are God. It's only until we've lost everything (the ego) that we're free to do anything. Or more accurately SEEING that the ego was only an illusion. 

If you think about it, this is pretty common for those who are terminally ill with bone cancer, etc. So no matter how unpleasant you think the present is, someone's having it worse. 

Edited by Nyseto

Absolutely and the resistance or internal struggle is what causes the suffering.

When the resistance is dropped, the emotional response is greatly diminished.

It's almost as if the thoughts themselves recognize the futility of judging situations as good or bad etc...

The energy is diverted from its original habitual patterns.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi