Gesundheit

Something casual

736 posts in this topic

I've just realized some deep truth about God, nature, and society. It's beautiful! But also cruel and horrible. What does an ego have to do?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

The depth of my inquiry allows me to eat the separate components of a sandwich, each on its own.

Why go through the unnecessary trouble? The stomach doesn't have eyes!

Is the American economy a Ponzi scheme?

No, the American economy is not a Ponzi scheme. A Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that involves payment of purported returns to existing investors from funds contributed by new investors. The American economy is not structured like a Ponzi scheme, and it does not operate in this manner.

But the American government pays debts with debts.

Yes, the US government does pay its debts with new debts. This is a common practice known as borrowing. The government borrows money to pay off old debts and to finance new projects and initiatives. This practice allows the government to finance activities that benefit the economy and citizens, while still managing its current debt obligations.

How is that not a Ponzi scheme?

The US government is not a Ponzi scheme because it is following a responsible fiscal policy. The government is using its borrowing power responsibly to finance projects that benefit the public and to pay off existing debt. A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment, while the US government is using its borrowing power in a responsible manner.

I don't think it's responsible. It creates financial power from nothing, because they could borrow till infinity.

The US government is following responsible fiscal policies. There are limits to how much money the government can borrow and the government is not borrowing indefinitely. The government is borrowing to finance projects and initiatives that benefit the public and to pay off existing debt. This is not a fraudulent investment, as is the case with a Ponzi scheme.

Those limits you're talking about are expanding, right?

Yes, the limits to how much money the government can borrow are expanding. This is due to increasing government spending and growing deficits. The government is increasing its borrowing in order to pay for new projects and initiatives, as well as to pay off existing debt. This is not a Ponzi scheme, as the government is using its borrowing power responsibly.

Then that means they will keep expanding, and the debt will keep growing till infinity, at least theoretically.

No, the government's borrowing is not infinite and will not grow indefinitely. The government is responsible for managing its debt and following a responsible fiscal policy. There are limits to how much the government can borrow and the government is not borrowing indefinitely. The government is borrowing to finance projects and initiatives that benefit the public and to pay off existing debt. This is not a fraudulent investment, as is the case with a Ponzi scheme.

What's their plan to get out of the borrowing cycle?

The US government is working towards fiscal responsibility and reducing its debt. The government is taking a multi-faceted approach to reducing its debt, including reducing spending, increasing revenue, and creating economic growth. The government is also taking steps to limit borrowing, such as increasing taxes and cutting spending. The goal is for the government to eventually be able to pay off its debt and become fiscally responsible.

But that's not happening in practice. The debt is increasing without a percieved end. 

The US government is working to reduce its debt and become fiscally responsible. The government is taking steps to limit borrowing, such as increasing taxes and cutting spending. The government is also working to create economic growth, which will increase revenue and help to reduce the debt. The government is also taking steps to reduce spending and increase revenue. While the debt is increasing in the short term, the goal is for the government to eventually be able to pay off its debt and become fiscally responsible.

A little chat with ChatGPT.

I've given various journal entries to ChatGPT and got different assessments on both my MBTI and Big 5, as I should, cuz I'm not just a singular personality type. The assessments were very far apart as if different people have been collaborating on my writings, but there were more than a few INTPs in there. I think it might have become my dominating personality type lately, like 40% of my personality compared to the rest of types. But there's also a bias factor that should be considered, which is the language I'm using. I've literally spent over a thousand hours watching videos of English speaking INTPs over the past 7 years, so that might have influenced and distorted my ability to express myself, or it might have actually genuinely changed who I am at the core. Let's also not forget the countless hours I've spent on this forum interacting with a bunch of INTPs, reading and writing.

Destroying some hippy myths and nonsense. My intuition is always correct.

I've been feeding ChatGPT more journal entries, and I've noticed this:

Assuming the estimations are correct, apparently I tend to have a consistent streak of the same personality type across entries within a timeframe, with a few exceptions, then I shift to another streak, and so on. It's as if I enter the state of mind of a particular personality type for a period of time, then it runs its course and move along. Sometimes, a single streak can contain two types, i.e. there is still some consistency.

So far, I've got a lot of Is and Ns, and very few Es Ss. And as a person who doesn't know a lot about MBTI and doesn't know how to type himself or others, I find this to be very interesting. But supposedly, the first two functions are the most prominent and dominant (primary and secondary), so I am supposedly mostly Introverted and iNtuitive, which seems fair, but not entirely correct. The reason is that I am not separate from my physical environment. My current personality is optimized to fit best with my current environment. Plus, the factors I mentioned yesterday regarding the forum and the influence of English speakers. It's not so simple. I really still don't think I have a strong preference for anything.

@Zeroguy Waste of time. The MBTI tests I did before were more nuanced. This one just gives me two options to choose from. In practice, the answer I would give to most of the questions would be: it depends. The tests I'm used to give a range of agreeability, and I find myself most of the times giving a neutral response and sometimes somewhat in one direction or the other. So, in general I don't have any extreme preferences where I would completely agree or disagree. It's really hard to say cuz the questions are very contextual.

My new profile picture was generated by AI. It's really cool and artistic and multi-faceted. I like it. I was not able to generate many good ones. And I kind of regret that I did not prompt for the highest quality. I only have it at 256x256 pixels. I will search for a way to regenerate the same image in higher quality. I don't think it's possible, but I have to look.

IMG_20230118_205750_941.jpg

EDIT: Here's a larger image:

1674047780864.jpg

Not bad. I used a free online tool from a Google search.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Now, let's design my dream girlfriend:

(Orange) Ultra Ego:

1674124519346.jpg

(Green) Hippie Witch:

1674049296801.jpg

(Yellow) Inner Glow:

1674131060347.jpg

(Turquoise) Actualized Dream:

1674126121134.jpg

Or considering the post right below, let's just say my 4 wives...

Edited by Gesundheit2

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2022 at 6:36 PM, Gesundheit2 said:

I've never watched any of his videos, just the one where he says depression = victim mindset (completely disastrous/toxic view), and all I know about him is that he is being censored for whatever reasons. I actually now remember that I suggested banning his perspective when I saw that video a year ago. I'll check if I can find my post.

So I just listened to half of the interview but I'm not going to continue. My opinion is that Tate is an immature kid who got lucky/rich and is wasting that luck with his stupidity. He doesn't look smart or deep or anything, rather much like movie stars, shining but shallow. He claims to understand the system, but as far as I can tell, his views are very simplistic and black and white.

Not worth my time.

This was my initial opinion of Tate. I predicted he will self-destruct.

A week ago, my friend's grandpa was hospitalized due to covid. I told my friend that death is necessary to create balance and a better species. He died the next day.

It's like I read the future without even trying (clairvoyance), or that God is trying to accommodate my thoughts cuz he's in love with me (narcissism). Or both!

I'm going to be super rich!

Edited by Gesundheit2